Notices
RX-8 Media News Report the latest RX-8 related news stories here.

Something Every RX-8 owner should hear/watch(New Info)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He lost it? Do you mean he "accidentally" sold it to someone else or the order didn't go through?
Old 08-04-2006, 04:14 PM
IstanbulNotConstantinople

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

I got a response from MNAO!

Well, it's more of a reaction. I downloaded the file from Google, and then uploaded it to YouTube.

I just got this email from Youtube.

"Dear Member:

This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following
material as a result of a third-party notification by Mazda Motor Corporation
claiming that this material is infringing:

Mazda National Dealer Advisory Council - July:
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXr3b8LO9m8)"

- Cesar -
Old 08-04-2006, 04:16 PM
Registered

Old 08-04-2006, 04:20 PM
Bigus Rotus

Originally Posted by BunnyGirl
He lost it? Do you mean he "accidentally" sold it to someone else or the order didn't go through?
He was losing his memory from what I was told by the owner. I think they sold it to someone else not remembering it was mine. I got a free Nav system for the trouble.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:21 PM
Evil Genius

Originally Posted by otherside
A quick update. I have yet to hear from the Mazda CARE team in response to my e-mail. I talked to my DCSM (district manager) today and she knew nothing about the leaked dealer council meeting. I told her all about it and the comments from the forum. She will tell someone about this, she gets right on these things so we will see.

My take on this is that dealers in the hot weather climates were getting slammed by customers because of the many quality issues. The dealer council decided to come up with the plan of eliminating the RX8 "scores" from the survey responses in hopes of proctecting the dealers from bad surveys due to quality issues. The surveys are extremely important to the dealers. They are Mazdas dangling carrot. Thats why it makes no sense for a dealer service department not to care. If surveys are bad, they are pissing dealer money away. If I caused such an issue at my dealer, I would be fired. In my opinion, everyone needs to relax. Dont get rid of your RX8, still consider buying that other Mazda product for a family member re: CX7, Mazda 6 etc...Dont feel like the red headed stepchild. The dealer council video was a knee jerk reaction and void of complete information or explanation. Believe me, Iwill be all over this until a statement from Mazda of some kind is done. I've been known to stir the sh-t.

So, until then, keep loving your car. This is just another unique situation for a unique car.
I've had no problems with my dealer. I've had no problems with my Rx8. BUT, I've just gone off warranty. And now I find out:

The dealers have said to Mazda:
"The Rx8 has too many problems. we can't keep the buyers happy, and it's not our fault, it's the car. It's not fair to judge us based on Rx8 owners complaints."

And Mazda said:
"Your right, it's not fair. That car's problems are going to make its buyers mad. We won't count understandable customer anger against you."

I don't really feel dealer service is that important, I can always find a non-dealer mechanic. What bothers me is that Mazda has implicitly said that Rx8 reliability is in a different leage from any other car in their lineup. They have other enthusiast cars (Mx5, speed 6, speed 3), they have other new models (Mx5, speed 6, speed 3, Cx7). Only the Rx8 is bad enough to be removed from CARE scores. How many engines have failed, what is Mazda's estimated MTBF for the engine? This move by Mazda has taken away my confidence that my car can get to 100k on one engine.
--R.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:21 PM
Administrator

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
i expected teh video to go down. youtube and google need to cover their butts. its a news issue though and its already out. cant put the geni back in the bottle
Old 08-04-2006, 04:25 PM
Registered

sevenstock is really going to be intresting this year
Old 08-04-2006, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Thank to the people working behind the scenes and thanks in advance for the response from Mazda. I appreciate the candor.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:29 PM
Momentum Keeps Me Going

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What BunnyGirl's answer from MNAO seemed to say is the RX-8 has been ELEVATED to a special service category of its own where we will get SPECIAL service and enhanced notice of problems (and hopefully resolutions), wo/punishing the dealer for letting the customer give REAL answers to explain what those PROBLEMS are.

That's not a bad thing! That's a good thing!

I'd say it shows their dedication to resolving issues and making sure the rotary is ready for wider use. That may be a positive spin, but interpretation can go both ways. We have no definitive answers yet.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:31 PM

I can only speak about Spain. I don't know how this has or will apply to us. All I can say is that we seem to get what you get, whether good or bad, a few months after you.

I could be wrong, but I believe we only got Rx7 Fc, Fd and Rx8s. Rotary culture is not common among Mazda dealers here. Heck! even one Mazda Mechanic told me the Rx7 Fd had a 2 liter V6 turbocharged engine.....

Bottom line is, I own a '05 MT 231 Hp (218 dyno-measured, yes dynos here ALWAYS take tranny losses into account, 185 Whp car). I've never had any problems with it whatsoever. What I read here is definitely bad news; anyway it won't hold me back from buying an RX-8 all over again, even another Mazda (I've already had three).
Old 08-04-2006, 04:35 PM

Official Mazda Response

Following is the official response from Mazda North American Operations regarding the discussion on RX-8 CARE scores:

August 4, 2006

To all RX-8 Forum members:

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns regarding Mazda’s customer satisfaction process. I appreciate how deeply you care about Mazda and about our vehicles.

As I understand, you learned of a change to Mazda’s CARE survey process as it relates to RX-8 through a video posted – without Mazda’s permission – on the Internet. Unfortunately, the video, which is only one of many ongoing and privileged communications between Mazda, our dealer council and our dealers, does not begin to explain our CARE process or the fact that customer satisfaction is our number one priority. In addition, that video is only one portion of the story behind our CARE survey, and represents only one part of the internal discussions that have surrounded the survey recently.

Because we consider this situation to be proprietary and confidential between us and our dealer body, all I can do is assure you that we are unwavering in our commitment to make owning a Mazda the best possible experience. To that end, we have not stopped surveying RX-8 owners. There will be no change in emphasis on the level of service customers receive at dealers or the frequency of CARE surveys sent out by Mazda, and we retain our ability to take action if our dealerships do not deliver the service or satisfaction we expect and demand.

Our philosophy has been, and continues to be, that we will hold our dealers accountable for situations that are within their control. As such, Mazda’s goal is to ensure that our dealers provide all customers, regardless of the vehicle they own, with the highest level of service and customer satisfaction.

To assume after viewing a video posted on the Internet that Mazda would do anything to compromise this is simply and unequivocally wrong.

Again, I thank you for bringing your concerns to us and giving us a chance to respond.

All the best,

Jeremy Barnes
Product Communications Manager
Mazda North American Operations
Old 08-04-2006, 04:40 PM
Registered

Whao!
Old 08-04-2006, 04:44 PM

Even though I'm out of your reach in every sense, this response has really made me regain my confidence in Corporate Mazda (I never lost my confidence in your product).

Thank you very much Jeremy, thank you very much indeed.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:44 PM
Bummed, but bring on OU!

Having 2 threads is getting hard to keep up with.

But that's a nice, vague response that says nothing. They talk about how CARE will still affect dealers, blah, blah, blah. There's still no Rx-8 in there, which was the whole point anyway.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:46 PM
doin' the bull dance

Jeremy - thanks for the response.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Something Every RX-8 owner should hear/watch(New Info)