GA RX8 Club Thread - Page 40 - RX8Club.com



SE RX-8 Forum Serving NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, TN

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
Old 03-02-2015, 03:57 PM   #976
snake
 
snakebite005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Georgia
Posts: 23
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
snakebite005

Looking for owners in the middle Georgia area that meet up and appreciate their cars
snakebite005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:00 PM   #977
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: atlanta
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just moved to Atlanta area from New York and bought an 04 rx-8 6 speed. anybody in the midtown-buckhead area? looking for car meets and crusing.
MrHollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:49 AM   #978
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHollywood View Post
Just moved to Atlanta area from New York and bought an 04 rx-8 6 speed. anybody in the midtown-buckhead area? looking for car meets and crusing.
I live in the buckhead area off of peachtree. Unfortunately, I sold my 04 manual grand touring sport Rx8. Now I have a white 2007 California Special Mustang V8.
GooseRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:55 AM   #979
Add gas, add oil, repeat
iTrader: (1)
 
WaitingforFI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: ATL - PDK - RYY
Posts: 444
Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts
I live in Peachtree Corners but will be moving to Smyrna at the end of may. You should check out Cars and Octane here (it's a knock off of cars and coffee). Caffeine & Octane | Automotive Lifestyle & Events
WaitingforFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:08 AM   #980
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: atlanta
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i live about 5 minutes away from Smyrna. I will be checking that out for sure. Are there any local import meets I can check out this week you know of
MrHollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 10:47 AM   #981
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: atlanta
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GooseRace View Post
I live in the buckhead area off of peachtree. Unfortunately, I sold my 04 manual grand touring sport Rx8. Now I have a white 2007 California Special Mustang V8.
Nice nice. You know of any meeting spots around the area
MrHollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:51 AM   #982
snake
 
snakebite005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Georgia
Posts: 23
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I live in the middle Georgia area myself. About two hours away. May have to do a weekend drive up and check out the venues. Also want to know if anyone is familiar with the Macon / warner robins area and if there are any events in my area. I have an 07 grand touring myself and the wife and I are wanting to get out and meet other owners.
snakebite005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:25 AM   #983
Add gas, add oil, repeat
iTrader: (1)
 
WaitingforFI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: ATL - PDK - RYY
Posts: 444
Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts
I'm not sure what happens around here very often. If you are looking for local stuff I would join this: GaRX8club.com ? Index page
Their website is kinda sucky, but it's all local stuff.
WaitingforFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:08 AM   #984
snake
 
snakebite005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Georgia
Posts: 23
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'll try it
snakebite005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:51 PM   #985
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Atlanta,GA
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi All..
I just registered over at GARX8CLUB, I'm hoping one of you locals can steer me in the right direction...Have a 2005 RX8 with 45800 miles, never had an issue with it until it crapped out last week. Anyhow, I am NOT skilled when it comes to working on cars, so I had it towed to a shop in Fayetteville ( where I live). The guy has had it a week, and says he can't figure out what's wrong with it- he thinks it might be computer issue, which if it is he said he can't do it and I'll have to tow it again over to Mazda in Morrow. I'm just wondering if anyone around the ATL area knows of any shop that KNOWS RX8, and is not gonna completely rape me because I'm not a dude or a mechanic! I don't think it's the computer, it was idling rough for a couple days, I heard a little belt chirping upon startup, then when I went to drive it it kept stalling. The engine light never came on prior. I just figured if anyone would know of a place here, it would be ya'll- so please message me if you know where I can take it. My spare car is a '94 MX3, that has no heat and I'm freezing my tail off- haha!! Thanks
pareeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:51 PM   #986
Registered
 
Kurt Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 283
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pareeann View Post
Hi All..
I just registered over at GARX8CLUB, I'm hoping one of you locals can steer me in the right direction...Have a 2005 RX8 with 45800 miles, never had an issue with it until it crapped out last week. Anyhow, I am NOT skilled when it comes to working on cars, so I had it towed to a shop in Fayetteville ( where I live). The guy has had it a week, and says he can't figure out what's wrong with it- he thinks it might be computer issue, which if it is he said he can't do it and I'll have to tow it again over to Mazda in Morrow. I'm just wondering if anyone around the ATL area knows of any shop that KNOWS RX8, and is not gonna completely rape me because I'm not a dude or a mechanic! I don't think it's the computer, it was idling rough for a couple days, I heard a little belt chirping upon startup, then when I went to drive it it kept stalling. The engine light never came on prior. I just figured if anyone would know of a place here, it would be ya'll- so please message me if you know where I can take it. My spare car is a '94 MX3, that has no heat and I'm freezing my tail off- haha!! Thanks
For the Atlanta area, call Mazcare. Charlie is a great guy, and I'm sure he can help. Good luck!
Kurt Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:50 AM   #987
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pareeann View Post
Hi All..
I just registered over at GARX8CLUB, I'm hoping one of you locals can steer me in the right direction...Have a 2005 RX8 with 45800 miles, never had an issue with it until it crapped out last week. Anyhow, I am NOT skilled when it comes to working on cars, so I had it towed to a shop in Fayetteville ( where I live). The guy has had it a week, and says he can't figure out what's wrong with it- he thinks it might be computer issue, which if it is he said he can't do it and I'll have to tow it again over to Mazda in Morrow. I'm just wondering if anyone around the ATL area knows of any shop that KNOWS RX8, and is not gonna completely rape me because I'm not a dude or a mechanic! I don't think it's the computer, it was idling rough for a couple days, I heard a little belt chirping upon startup, then when I went to drive it it kept stalling. The engine light never came on prior. I just figured if anyone would know of a place here, it would be ya'll- so please message me if you know where I can take it. My spare car is a '94 MX3, that has no heat and I'm freezing my tail off- haha!! Thanks




Mazcare hands down man . They are the best
Stu_se3p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 06:05 PM   #988
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi. Anybody meet up with their RX8'site anymore?
RAZOR404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 05:01 PM   #989
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is this group still active?
Garver21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 07:54 PM   #990
Registered
 
Kurt Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 283
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The group is still active, but most of the members have sold their RX-8's. Only a few of us still have RX-8's.
Kurt Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 08:03 PM   #991
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ahhh, I tried joinin the garx8 website and my account still hasn't been activated yet ..
Garver21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 02:39 AM   #992
Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
iTrader: (5)
 
swoope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: orlando, fl
Posts: 14,489
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Bob View Post
The group is still active, but most of the members have sold their RX-8's. Only a few of us still have RX-8's.
really,

i thought i was the only active member with an rx8.. and i live in fla! lol


beers
swoope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 04:29 PM   #993
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just moved to Columbus, GA and I'm trying to figure out where I can have my 8 serviced. Anyone alive out there?

Brendan
[email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoope View Post
really,

i thought i was the only active member with an rx8.. and i live in fla! lol


beers
Brendan Insley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 09:14 AM   #994
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Gainesville, GA
Posts: 30
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm in Gainesville. Just swapped track cars from a well prepped miata to a stock s2 rx8.
eyeguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:53 PM   #995
El Jefe
 
yomomspimp06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,771
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
go back to the miata
yomomspimp06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:37 PM   #996
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Gainesville, GA
Posts: 30
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No doubt the miata is a better track car, but I wanted a bit more comfort and I also wanted back seats. My wife co drives it and I couldn't talk her into a lexus is300. Thought about an e36 m3 but ended up finding a deal on an s2 for about what I sold my miata for. The buy in on the rx8 is undeniable.
eyeguy is online now   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crank trigger connector/crank angle sensor location Pelleilee New Member Forum 5 08-02-2015 02:44 PM


Tags
ase, atlanta, car, club, exhaust, factory, finishers, ga, importz, lights, pics, puddle, radar, rx8, rx8club, snetterton, tsw

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 PM.


All content Copyright 2017 by Internet Brands, Inc.