What did you do with your RX8 today? - Page 119 - RX8Club.com



RX-8 Discussion General discussion about the RX-8 that doesn't fit in one of the specialty forums.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
Old 03-07-2017, 08:28 AM   #2951
Water Foul
 
Steve Dallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 1,631
Thanked 26 Times in 15 Posts
[QUOTE=Lancr735;4808347]
Quote:
Originally Posted by heli View Post
Installed a BHR midpipe and removed all that air pump junk. No CEL yet...[/QUOTE

Can you notice any performance increase with the pipe? Is it louder with this pipe? Does it have a place for the secondary O2 sensor?
This site is literally chock full of good information on the BHR midpipe. The search feature is your friend.

But, I'll hold your little newb hand just this once.

There is a tiny bump in HP--right around 5 IIRC. It is a LOT lighter than the factory cat, though.

It is a little louder and maintains the OEM exhaust note with a slight "woosh" or "rush" added to it. Sounds quite nice.

There is a bung for the O2 sensor. Like most midpipes, odds are very good a CEL will eventually be triggered.

You really need to read the New and Potential Owners thread and the Modding for Newbs thread. Almost any question you might ask is answered in one of thos threads.

.

Last edited by Steve Dallas; 03-07-2017 at 08:30 AM.
Steve Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 03:53 PM   #2952
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Toronto
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Woke it up from hibernation today. Changed plugs wires coils and oil then took it for somewhat of a wash.

What did you do with your RX8 today?-edit1_li.jpg

What did you do with your RX8 today?-edit2.jpg

What did you do with your RX8 today?-edit3.jpg

What did you do with your RX8 today?-plugs.jpg

Was getting a bit of a stumble at idle before and now seems to be gone. Also seems to pull better past 6500rpm. Car has 47000km and 'c' coils were replaced with 'c' coils.
Sency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 12:12 AM   #2953
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 49
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I wrapped a couple interior parts today. The center console is pretty scratched up from the previous owners. I did the silver sides in cf look. I had some black brushed metal left over from something else so I did the shift surround and ash tray to get an idea of what it would look like. I think it looks good on the ash tray cover and might use it to cover all the gloss black. I'm not sure about the shift surround part because you can see the plastics texture.
Oats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 08:07 AM   #2954
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: NY
Posts: 23
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Im new to the forums, I have a 07 BB Rx8 with 103k miles. Recently I just got my TurboXS catback with hiflow cat, AFE short shifter, Garageline 25mm wheel spacers, and new tires installed. Next week im getting new spark plugs, coils and plugs installed !




pastytreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 09:44 AM   #2955
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 267
Thanked 21 Times in 14 Posts
Yesterday: BHR Midpipe - Somehow this went smoother than my coil install.
Today: Mishimoto thermostat and SOHN adapter.
Reoze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 04:30 PM   #2956
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Did this to my RX8 today.

Changed the rear shocks and aligned it. Handles swell.
mhedges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 06:37 PM   #2957
Water Foul
 
Steve Dallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 1,631
Thanked 26 Times in 15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reoze View Post
Yesterday: BHR Midpipe - Somehow this went smoother than my coil install.
Today: Mishimoto thermostat and SOHN adapter.
Why did you choose a Mishimoto thermostat?
Steve Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 08:35 PM   #2958
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 267
Thanked 21 Times in 14 Posts
Because I can buy it from BHR. Is the mazmart one superior for one reason or another?
Reoze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:44 PM   #2959
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 674
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I put a new Group 35 battery (Costco Interstate battery prices cannot be beat - $73) after 3 years 3 months and changed the differential fluid from factory to Redline GL-5 75W90 at 45000 miles. Getting ready for DGRR. Manual transmission fluid to be changed next weekend to Redline MT-90 [GL-4 75W90]. I'm staying ahead of battery issues by replacing before it goes bad.
wannawankel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:18 AM   #2960
Water Foul
 
Steve Dallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 1,631
Thanked 26 Times in 15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reoze View Post
Because I can buy it from BHR. Is the mazmart one superior for one reason or another?
Just wondering why you would go with Mishimoto instead of OEM or Stant or Gates. Some (not all) Mishimoto stuff suffers from poor quality, so I tend to stay away from them. The thermostat is so important to cooling, that I only buy the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannawankel View Post
I put a new Group 35 battery (Costco Interstate battery prices cannot be beat - $73) after 3 years 3 months and changed the differential fluid from factory to Redline GL-5 75W90 at 45000 miles. Getting ready for DGRR. Manual transmission fluid to be changed next weekend to Redline MT-90 [GL-4 75W90]. I'm staying ahead of battery issues by replacing before it goes bad.
I really like Redline gear oils. If your car is not tracked, I would go with MT-L in the trans, instead of MT-90. MT-90 is a good oil, but the transmission will be notchy until it is fully warmed up. MT-L does not have that "problem".
Steve Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 09:54 AM   #2961
Registered
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Colo'freakin'rado
Posts: 542
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
8's getting oil, shoes rotated, new plugs and a tranny flush for the spring. Probably looking at budgeting for clutch and fuel pump due to mileage. almost at 80k!
CelestialGryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:02 AM   #2962
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 267
Thanked 21 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Just wondering why you would go with Mishimoto instead of OEM or Stant or Gates. Some (not all) Mishimoto stuff suffers from poor quality, so I tend to stay away from them. The thermostat is so important to cooling, that I only buy the best.
Almost every mod I'm doing is in preparation for this BNR/Greddy kit sitting in my garage. Hence the lower opening thermostat. It was personally recommended by Charles and given that I've had nothing but great experiences with his products I'm not entirely too worried about it. I've been keeping a pretty close eye on my coolant temperatures since my radiator replacement and if something failed I'd know pretty quickly.
Reoze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 01:44 PM   #2963
Water Foul
 
Steve Dallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 1,631
Thanked 26 Times in 15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reoze View Post
Almost every mod I'm doing is in preparation for this BNR/Greddy kit sitting in my garage. Hence the lower opening thermostat. It was personally recommended by Charles and given that I've had nothing but great experiences with his products I'm not entirely too worried about it. I've been keeping a pretty close eye on my coolant temperatures since my radiator replacement and if something failed I'd know pretty quickly.
Charles knows his stuff, so I'm sure it's fine.
Steve Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:49 PM   #2964
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 267
Thanked 21 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Charles knows his stuff, so I'm sure it's fine.
To be fair, it's not as if he told me to just go buy the mishimoto. He said the mazmart or mishi are both completely fine. I didn't even realize he sold one until I was flipping through his site one day.
Reoze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:11 PM   #2965
SHINEY 8!!
iTrader: (1)
 
scottish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Donmills,Toronto
Posts: 251
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Put my R3 seats in my 8 today after they had a little surgery.



Last edited by scottish; 03-18-2017 at 06:14 PM.
scottish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 04:47 AM   #2966
Registered
 
@italia916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: West Point, UT
Posts: 113
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looks great and very well done. Any plans to redo the rear seats similarly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottish View Post
Put my R3 seats in my 8 today after they had a little surgery.



@italia916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:58 AM   #2967
SHINEY 8!!
iTrader: (1)
 
scottish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Donmills,Toronto
Posts: 251
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by @italia916 View Post
Looks great and very well done. Any plans to redo the rear seats similarly?
Thanks,

Yeah the more and more I look at I do need to do the rears too but it will do for now.

I did spent a small fortune importing these from the UK already so it will have to be next winter mod budget. lol

Keep up the good work on your project Italia.
scottish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:06 AM   #2968
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 267
Thanked 21 Times in 14 Posts
Removed my secondary air pump down to the manifold. It's amazing how much space that cleared up.
Reoze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 02:04 PM   #2969
Registered
 
tgaffner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 170
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Started it, took a picture, and that's it.
tgaffner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:54 AM   #2970
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: DFW TX
Posts: 209
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sency View Post
Woke it up from hibernation today. Changed plugs wires coils and oil then took it for somewhat of a wash.

Attachment 215805

Attachment 215806

Attachment 215807

Attachment 215808

Was getting a bit of a stumble at idle before and now seems to be gone. Also seems to pull better past 6500rpm. Car has 47000km and 'c' coils were replaced with 'c' coils.
White R3.
YUM!
acroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:04 PM   #2971
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 49
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Refinished my headlights. I guess I didn't quite sand the inside corner enough on one of them because the clear coat wrinkled a tiny bit. I still have to buff them, then I'll decide if I want to redo the one.

I also ordered Tanabe GF210 springs and hopefully this week will be putting in the new rotors and pads I ordered last month.
Oats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:10 PM   #2972
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 476
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by @italia916 View Post
Looks great and very well done. Any plans to redo the rear seats similarly?
OMG!! Yeah, I'm not a gurl!

I had a 73 RX3 with totally white seats, and I had to scrub all the time.

Never any white in a car unless you like LIberace!

Ok, have fun as you like!
40w8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:14 PM   #2973
SHINEY 8!!
iTrader: (1)
 
scottish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Donmills,Toronto
Posts: 251
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40w8 View Post
OMG!! Yeah, I'm not a gurl!

I had a 73 RX3 with totally white seats, and I had to scrub all the time.

Never any white in a car unless you like LIberace!

Ok, have fun as you like!
Errrr who you calling a gurl?

1, Are you colour blind? thats not white.

2, Then you must like Liberace cause you had a Rx3 with white seats.

So in short buzz off Liberace you big girl no body asked your opinion.
scottish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:42 AM   #2974
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Toronto
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oats View Post
I wrapped a couple interior parts today. The center console is pretty scratched up from the previous owners. I did the silver sides in cf look. I had some black brushed metal left over from something else so I did the shift surround and ash tray to get an idea of what it would look like. I think it looks good on the ash tray cover and might use it to cover all the gloss black. I'm not sure about the shift surround part because you can see the plastics texture.
Nice job. The CF blends well with the seats IMO. Also like the shift surround. I will be looking to do this as well. I'm not a big fan of our center consoles to begin with (cheap plastic feeling) so this is a nice addition.
Sency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:52 PM   #2975
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 49
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sency View Post
Nice job. The CF blends well with the seats IMO. Also like the shift surround. I will be looking to do this as well. I'm not a big fan of our center consoles to begin with (cheap plastic feeling) so this is a nice addition.
Thanks. If you do the sides make sure you have enough material to wrap down the inside of the pieces. In the rear when the cup holder is open you can see a bit of silver on one side of mine because the wrap was a little short (I didn't know you would be able to see it).

I saw they make leather look wrap. I'm thinking of getting a piece to do the passenger airbag cover. I've seen people wrap that in CF look but that is too much CF for me and I think leather look would blend better with the rest of the dash. I might try it on the shifter surround as well. I've got brakes and springs to install before I get into that though.
Oats is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Radio Kaput 2009 ei8ht RX-8 Discussion 2 06-05-2017 05:51 PM
Overheating Questions Silver_Excalibur Series I Tech Garage 15 04-29-2017 01:30 PM
help diagnosing grinding/sticky tranny - 6mt Dokuji Series I Trouble Shooting 9 11-01-2016 02:51 PM
Plastidippin the 8 Shinka84 Series I Exterior Appearance and Body Kits 20 07-25-2015 12:58 PM
Limp mode or compression loss? tbiggybig RX-8 Discussion 41 07-22-2015 11:47 PM


Tags
claybar, dannobre, die, dragon, gargoyle, grinder, hood, jdm, ornament, rack, roof, rx, rx8, rx8club, sale

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 AM.


All content Copyright 2017 by Internet Brands, Inc.