My rx8 experience :) - Page 4 - RX8Club.com



New Member Forum A place for new members to get their feet wet

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
Old 08-04-2017, 05:59 PM   #76
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 67
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgnex View Post
@drivenbymadness

You're here too? Awesome! You might remember me from youtube under the name "mrawesomelemons"
Love your vids! Keep it up!
My RX8 is almost driving!
Hey man :D How can i forget your youtube avatar and name. Thanks! Will do
drivenbymaness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 11:30 AM   #77
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 67
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
drivenbymaness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 06:12 PM   #78
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 67
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
drivenbymaness is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drivenbymaness For This Useful Post:
Jastreb (08-25-2017), Okki-Jakarta (09-13-2017)
Old 08-25-2017, 08:26 PM   #79
Put it in "H"!
iTrader: (1)
 
Loki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,796
Thanked 54 Times in 48 Posts
For your dyno video, the results don't make a lick of sense. It's not a crank dyno, you're getting 187 at the wheels, which is reasonable. Also in your comments you say the torque and hp curve cross at 6-7000. That's not correct, they have to cross at 5250. All cars dyno curves cross at that point and there is nothing you can do to change it (except mess up the dyno session).
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 08:35 PM   #80
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 67
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post
For your dyno video, the results don't make a lick of sense. It's not a crank dyno, you're getting 187 at the wheels, which is reasonable. Also in your comments you say the torque and hp curve cross at 6-7000. That's not correct, they have to cross at 5250. All cars dyno curves cross at that point and there is nothing you can do to change it (except mess up the dyno session).
Well, i asked the dyno operator several times if it was at the crank or wheel, and he said crank... so that's what i can say as far as that dyno day.

I see, well i said that because on the graph they cross on aproximately that point. Thanks for the info, i'll make sure to put it in good use
drivenbymaness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 09:16 PM   #81
Registered
iTrader: (9)
 
Chrishoky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Flourtown, PA
Posts: 948
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivenbymaness View Post
Well, i asked the dyno operator several times if it was at the crank or wheel, and he said crank... so that's what i can say as far as that dyno day.
The car's wheels are literally connected to the dyno, how could he say this was measuring crank horsepower?

The horsepower provided by the dyno is wheel horsepower, and 185 or so is very reasonable and quite normal for this car.
Chrishoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 09:30 PM   #82
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 67
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrishoky View Post
The car's wheels are literally connected to the dyno, how could he say this was measuring crank horsepower?

The horsepower provided by the dyno is wheel horsepower, and 185 or so is very reasonable and quite normal for this car.
Dont' ask me... I'll go do a different dyno shop next time i'll have to measure.

If you say so, then i'm happy with the results
drivenbymaness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 06:08 PM   #83
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 67
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
I finally put a decat on my rx8, and the Bangs you get are EPIC!

drivenbymaness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 05:25 AM   #84
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 67
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
I think this is one of those unresolved issues, that even the internet has no answer to.
So have any of you guys encountered this noise and know how to solve it?

drivenbymaness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 10:00 AM   #85
Put it in "H"!
iTrader: (1)
 
Loki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,796
Thanked 54 Times in 48 Posts
That sounds like your secondary air pump bearing.You hear it through the intake, but only because it channels the sound. Put one end of a wooden stick on the air pump and the other end to your ear, you'll know right away if it's the pump, because the sound will come from the stick.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:20 PM   #86
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 67
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post
That sounds like your secondary air pump bearing.You hear it through the intake, but only because it channels the sound. Put one end of a wooden stick on the air pump and the other end to your ear, you'll know right away if it's the pump, because the sound will come from the stick.
Nope, it was not the air pump bearing, or anything connected to the air pump.

The sound comes from the tube connected to the OMP. We'll check it to see what's causing the noise.

Thanks for the input!
drivenbymaness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:18 PM   #87
Put it in "H"!
iTrader: (1)
 
Loki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,796
Thanked 54 Times in 48 Posts
Ehm what tube connected to the OMP? Picture?
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:37 PM   #88
转子之魂
 
UnknownJinX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 306
Thanked 34 Times in 33 Posts
Yeah, I would imagine it's the wheel horsepower as well. Strange.

How do you even measure crank horsepower without tearing the engine out? You can't just assume the drivetrain efficiency.

As for torque, that's never the rotary's strong suit, but hey, at least we don't get the "more torque than your Mazda" treatment like Honda guys do.

Too bad I don't have a dyno around where I live.
UnknownJinX is online now   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 PM.


All content Copyright 2017 by Internet Brands, Inc.