My rx8 experience :) - Page 6 - RX8Club.com



New Member Forum A place for new members to get their feet wet

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
Old 12-20-2017, 01:21 PM   #126  
Registered
 
Doblegota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 47
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hi!

That was nice!

Only one thing:
In the video you connected the yellow in the sohn but you didn’t filled with the oil. You should show that disconnecting the hose the oil goes down and when full connect again. So any bubble will be there.

Nice work!!
Kind regards from Spain.
Doblegota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 01:27 PM   #127  
RIDE HARD
iTrader: (9)
 
200.mph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: BALLS DEEP
Posts: 4,662
Thanked 341 Times in 302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doblegota View Post
Hi!

That was nice!

Only one thing:
In the video you connected the yellow in the sohn but you didnít filled with the oil. You should show that disconnecting the hose the oil goes down and when full connect again. So any bubble will be there.

Nice work!!
Kind regards from Spain.
at least he used the right oil in the sohn tank
200.mph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 01:30 PM   #128  
Registered
 
Doblegota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 47
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Could be.

That’s all.

Could be.
Doblegota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 02:00 AM   #129  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 104
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doblegota View Post
Hi!

That was nice!

Only one thing:
In the video you connected the yellow in the sohn but you didnít filled with the oil. You should show that disconnecting the hose the oil goes down and when full connect again. So any bubble will be there.

Nice work!!
Kind regards from Spain.

Thanks!

I see, thanks for the feedback, it will come in handy.
When cutting the yellow tube, it got filled with oil and went straight into the sohn adapter. So when turning on the car, there was no air in the tube.

Oh well, its done and it works
drivenbymaness is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to drivenbymaness For This Useful Post:
Doblegota (01-02-2018)
Old 01-02-2018, 03:06 AM   #130  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 104
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
drivenbymaness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 04:31 AM   #131  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 104
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
drivenbymaness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:32 PM   #132  
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Wink your vids

I do watch your vids and I find them both informative and funny.
I appreciate the fact that you take the time to make them. Thank You, vid on.
Penelope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Penelope For This Useful Post:
drivenbymaness (01-13-2018)
Old 01-13-2018, 02:18 PM   #133  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 104
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penelope View Post
I do watch your vids and I find them both informative and funny.
I appreciate the fact that you take the time to make them. Thank You, vid on.
Thank you so much! I've supper happy you like them
drivenbymaness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 06:51 AM   #134  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 104
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
drivenbymaness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 03:10 PM   #135  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Epping, NH USA
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Great videos, sadly, I liked them so much- I bought an RX-8 as a 'project car' for me and my 4 children. Youngest is 14, oldest is 22 (acts 14, but, the 14 year old acts much older!), and, there is a very smart, competent & intelligent grrl in the mix @ 17. All have strong opinions about what we should do- but, none agree with each other, and, I hate all of their ideas.

However, we all like your YT videos, and, generally agree to do some of your mods- a real life saver!

We all agree that you are probably a drug dealer in Slovenia (walk, talk & dress- drug dealer!), and, work part time as a bellboy, so, you can steal change from customer rides, in order to change the hay in your bed occasionally. My youngest is sure that you wash your car more often than your clothes- but, my daughter disagrees. Everyone wishes that computers could have 'smell around" like Sensaround from the 1980's- just to end the disagreement, but, such is life.

Finally, the kids were evenly split 2 for, and, 2 against- 1 video a week. Personally, I wish you would've stayed with 2, but, you kept quality up- too hard to keep it up once you've hit all of the topics. And, would prefer 1 good one (and wait), rather than 2 not so good ones...

Keep it up- it's rated Family Time in our house, so, you have several fans in bustling Epping, NH USA (Cultural Center of the Universe- Google it!) I have the bumper sticker to prove it.

Keep laughing!

Dave
DCGULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 05:56 AM   #136  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 104
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Since my compression test video needed to be updated, with the help of various people i've made an updated version. This one should be accurate. Let me know

drivenbymaness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 04:37 AM   #137  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 104
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Gathering info on rotary shops around the world. So if you know what's the best/nearest rotary repair shop in your state, leave a comment in the video

drivenbymaness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 09:56 AM   #138  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 104
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCGULL View Post
Great videos, sadly, I liked them so much- I bought an RX-8 as a 'project car' for me and my 4 children. Youngest is 14, oldest is 22 (acts 14, but, the 14 year old acts much older!), and, there is a very smart, competent & intelligent grrl in the mix @ 17. All have strong opinions about what we should do- but, none agree with each other, and, I hate all of their ideas.

However, we all like your YT videos, and, generally agree to do some of your mods- a real life saver!

We all agree that you are probably a drug dealer in Slovenia (walk, talk & dress- drug dealer!), and, work part time as a bellboy, so, you can steal change from customer rides, in order to change the hay in your bed occasionally. My youngest is sure that you wash your car more often than your clothes- but, my daughter disagrees. Everyone wishes that computers could have 'smell around" like Sensaround from the 1980's- just to end the disagreement, but, such is life.

Finally, the kids were evenly split 2 for, and, 2 against- 1 video a week. Personally, I wish you would've stayed with 2, but, you kept quality up- too hard to keep it up once you've hit all of the topics. And, would prefer 1 good one (and wait), rather than 2 not so good ones...

Keep it up- it's rated Family Time in our house, so, you have several fans in bustling Epping, NH USA (Cultural Center of the Universe- Google it!) I have the bumper sticker to prove it.

Keep laughing!

Dave
That's so great to hear man, i'm glad you've decided to embark on this journey that goes round and round.


hahahahah now that's a very well constructed conclusion, i give you that. But i don't wash my car that often, cause the paint job is not that perfect to bother with it at the moment. Once i get it repainted, then i'll start with the psyco cleaning extravaganza

Never heard of that, but sound awesome :D

Yeah, I decided to slow it down in winter, and save up some money for all the mods i want to do in summer. and Believe me, once april starts, It'll blow with new style of making videos and better content AND of course, much much better mods!
And back to posting 2 times per week

That's sooo awesome to hear, thank you so much guys!!!!

Say hi to all of you're kids from my side

PS: i'm still debating over this, but i want to hear your opinion over this:

Drift build & rx8 vlogs from April to december.

Funny series episodes like behind the apex seal Jannuary - march.

winter is pretty much the worse month to film outside, due to short days and cold weater. so i've though it finm 20 episodes of my funny series during the year, and release it in the dead winter season, to keep it interesting, instead of washed out topics.

Let me know

Cheers!
drivenbymaness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:34 PM   #139  
Registered
 
Motakai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Markdale Ontario, Canada
Posts: 45
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Sounds like a good plan! Also: your videos played a good part in my decision to buy my 8! I don't regret it, and I'd like to thank you for putting the time and effort in to do these video tutorials!
Motakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 03:04 PM   #140  
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Naples Fl
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
I checked out alot of your videos good work and informative.
Grim RX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 04:38 AM   #141  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 104
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motakai View Post
Sounds like a good plan! Also: your videos played a good part in my decision to buy my 8! I don't regret it, and I'd like to thank you for putting the time and effort in to do these video tutorials!
Awesome! That's great to hear man

Pleasure is all mine!
drivenbymaness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 04:41 AM   #142  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 104
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim RX View Post
I checked out alot of your videos good work and informative.
Thank you very much
drivenbymaness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 05:08 AM   #143  
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hello everyone
Can someone help , my engine is healthily and i had a car for just about a month but this issue came up while i was driving and it was unexpectedly and i don't even know what broke down or were to look for a fault and once i turned off engine , engine wouldn't start and even didn't do spinning, im kind lost and confused , tried to look for videos and in forums but bad luck i couldn't find any thing similar to mine issue and i got RX8 55 plate ( 2005 plate )
if you know how to fix the issue or what to do please let me know , but i hope it doesn't need an rebuild sry for my English

video link ----------------------------->>>> my rx8 issue <<<<----------------------------------

thank you !
Deniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 06:20 PM   #144  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 104
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
After 8 hours of cutting, welding and sanding the fire extinguisher is on! Check out the process

drivenbymaness is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 AM.


All content Copyright © 2017 by Internet Brands, Inc.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.