Notices
RX-8 Parts For Sale/Wanted Parts for sale, NO Vendor Ads.
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (US State/Canada/Int):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (US State/Canada/Int):

FS: Toyo R888 275/35/18, Set of 4, BRAND NEW

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS: Toyo R888 275/35/18, Set of 4, BRAND NEW

For sale is one set of four brand new, Toyo R888 competition / track tires. Size is 275/35/18.

This set was purchased but never mounted / run. Turned out fitment was not right (they were purchased for a project car (non-mazda)), so they were replaced with 255's and are now for sale.

Stickers still on the tires. PERFECTLY BRAND NEW CONDITION.

These retail for about $1400 a set, plus tax, plus shipping, or about $1500 to your door. Looking for $1350 shipped for the set, shipped, OBO. Would also be willing ot break the set up into pairs if interested.

Will ship to continental US addresses only, via FedEx ground. Local pickup in Torrance, CA also available.

For those of you who've already run these, you know they are great track tires. For those that haven't, you'll be very happy with them. Running these after running Nitto NT01's and appreciated the difference. Really nice tires.

Thanks, and please email me at robert@beckersurf.com with any questions or interest!

Best,

Robert

Old 03-06-2009, 03:02 PM
Mod/Organizer of DGRRX

Great tires!
Old 03-06-2009, 09:36 PM
a.k.a. WhITeRE8

those are sick!
Old 03-09-2009, 02:31 PM

Thanks - I agree - great grip and feedback. I like them a lot.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Registered Toker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you should post a picture with "arburt" and today's date on a piece of paper... just because of the "0" post count...
Old 03-09-2009, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Ross_Dawg
you should post a picture with "arburt" and today's date on a piece of paper... just because of the "0" post count...
Ha, Classic!

You're kidding, right?

No Nigerian scams here...

I actually got these from Good-Win Racing. They were going to go on a widebody conversion I was doing to an Audi, but sizing was wrong. The guys told me it was a common RX8 size, so figured I'd post here to try and sell them.

Just taking up space right now. Killing me...

R
Old 03-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Diego

Well think about it this way. would you give 1500 to a person with 0 post counts that is new to this forum, then expect to get that 1500 of goods at your door step??
I know i wouldn't.

This would help both you and the buyer man.
Just trying to help you sell them.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Registered Toker

Actually I wasn't kidding

Good Luck with your sale...
Old 03-09-2009, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteSnowflake8
Well think about it this way. would you give 1500 to a person with 0 post counts that is new to this forum, then expect to get that 1500 of goods at your door step?? I know i wouldn't.

This would help both you and the buyer man. Just trying to help you sell them.
I sincerely do appreciate the help. Frankly, I'm not sure how, if someone were so sceptical, having a random picture, of a random person, holding a newspaper with today's date would in any way satisfy any requirement of trust. I know it wouldn't satisfy me, but then again, I've done business with strangers without problems, many times in the past, so...

I've got some tires for sale. I thought some people on these forums might want them for a few hundred bucks off retail. If anyone wants some great tires at a great price, please email me and we can work out any "trust" issues / work out any varification requirements you might have...

Also, please note that I offered LOCAL PICKUP in my original post. Not too many scammers I know want to physically meet buyers.

Many thanks,

Robert
Old 03-10-2009, 05:36 PM

Post count still says 0, thats pretty wierd.

No need to get defensive if youre really a good seller. Just proof that they are in your possession and not some picture you found online basically.

Good luck.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:37 PM
on his 3rd rx8

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Actually I wasn't kidding

Good Luck with your sale...
+1, he wasnt kidding

good luck with your sale
Old 03-10-2009, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by cfree
Post count still says 0, thats pretty wierd.

No need to get defensive if youre really a good seller. Just proof that they are in your possession and not some picture you found online basically.

Good luck.
Not getting defensive.

Rather, my point is just that me taking a picture would do NOTHING to help anyone verify ANYTHING.

None of you know what I look like, so what would preclude me from taking a picture of some random guy holding up a newspaper?

What makes me most confused is that no one posting here seems interested at all in the actual tires I have for sale! Everyone seems more interested in letting me know I can't be trusted.

I'm pretty sure that anyone who wants a set of tires will actually post or email me. Again - LOCAL PICKUP GUYS!! How many scammers offer local pickup? LOL!!

Anyhow, I'll take all the "advice" here and post a picture of my laptop, with this thread, in front of the stack of tires that's sitting on my concrete floor next to the Ikea lamp that's in the picture above.

Honestly, you guys are a tough market!! Sorry if I'm coming across as antagonistic or "defensive..." Really not my intention. I've just never (and I mean NEVER) encountered this level of suspicion when trying to sell anything.

Regardless, ,my sincere thanks for the input. I'm totally new here, and you guys certainly know the culture better than I do. I'll take your advice and post a pic as soon as I get back to the office.

In the meantime, if you know anyone who actually is interested in a set of track tires, please send them my way!!

R
Old 03-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Registered Toker

Your post actually made me laugh out loud

The problem is it's extremely hard to fit 275's all around without extensive fender roll and -3/4 camber. They are fantastic tires at a great price, but there's only maybe 5 rx-8's in the U.S. running this setup, and I'm sure they already have tire sponsorships
Old 03-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Modulated Moderator

Received 335 Likes on 290 Posts
^^ What you talking about Stewy 275's fit fine..no fender mods...just need the right wheels

I would buy them except I have 2 sets of track tires already These are sweet rubber..
Old 03-10-2009, 07:34 PM
No respecter of malarkey

Received 2,030 Likes on 1,653 Posts
How much for local pickup?
Old 03-10-2009, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by TeamRX8
How much for local pickup?
Make me an offer by email?

robert@beckersurf.com

It might take a few hours before I get back to the computer, though (picking up second daughter after 1 month in the NICU at little company of mary in Torrance)...

Thanks for your interest! Would love to work out a win-win...

R