Notices
RX-8 Parts For Sale/Wanted Parts for sale, NO Vendor Ads.
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (US State/Canada/Int):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (US State/Canada/Int):

{WTB} turbo parts for a turno build a couple months away

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 05:08 PM
120,000+ miles tick tock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking turbo parts for a turno build a couple months away

Category: Engine - Intake/Fuel
Price: $2000
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Location (US State/Canada/Int): VA
Item Condition: Used

I already have relocated my battery to the trunk so all parts pertaining to that i have already aquired. Im bassically looking for used components like piping, intercooler, lines,guages ,pods, bov, waste gate and bassically anything else related to forced induction.....anything used that is mechanical i am going to test and rebuild if needed. So well used parts are welcomed.Ihave had the cobb ap before but sold it but im looking to buy another one or AEM f/ic (i dont have experience with it but my local performance shop prefers it and is licensed to use/sell it). I have met with a fabricator and talked about how to go about a top mount setup but if i can find one already made that would be better. I am hoping to find something so i can retain the omp .......interested in flnges also i( T4, 13b exhaust,)

I am interested in a few new parts also....if anybody had purchased some that they ended up not using or just need to sell. Mainly full pump, ignition systems, oil feed lines, old pan (greddy new or used), fuel pressure components, wideband sensor and/or gauge

All in all ....i am asking for anybody looking to sell a forced induction part to post here or PM me even if you see your part or another part like yours already listed because i would like to have some extra parts for the tuning process ( examples-bov, wastegate ,ignition systems, injectors etc)

P.s sorry for spelling and punctuation im composing this on my phone @ work...and in a rush bbecause important on break.....thank you all in advance. Always a great help

When i get home to my computer ill add some more

Last edited by FoxRacer600RR; 09-27-2012 at 12:12 AM. Reason: add
Old 09-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Boostin

Hey I have a RB Guagepod with boost, AFR and water temp gauge. Also a modified MS intake to work with the greddy turbo kit and a greddy oil pan.

https://www.rx8club.com/rx-8-parts-s...rt-out-238147/
Old 09-26-2012, 07:39 PM
WENTGERMAN

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
MY advice would be to plan out everything you want piece by piece versus buying a bunch of random parts.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:51 AM
120,000+ miles tick tock

Originally Posted by shadycrew31
MY advice would be to plan out everything you want piece by piece versus buying a bunch of random parts.
i understand and appreciate your concern. i am not going to just buy the first cheap parts i find. i am doing the build when the winter comes and i put the 8 in for the season and im going to see whats out there for sale,do my research ( iv been doing some for a while now), and ask for advice then purchase as i see fit....so far i have purchased a borg warner/bullseye power turbo and was given a BOV that im probably not going to use, a inter cooler that im also not using but im going to get all i can, spend a few day tuning and swapping...swapping a tuning and see what works best and most importantly safest
Old 09-27-2012, 01:08 AM
WENTGERMAN

The type of BOV and waste gate will be dependent on the amount of boost you plan on running/ WHP goals.

You need the flow charts for the compressor and turbine. This will show you where your turbo is most efficient and if it even makes sense to install it on the 8.

How much air you need to flow to reach your WHP goals will determine the size of piping and inter cooler you will need.

How much boost you plan on running/air you will be moving will determine the size injectors you need.

They all go hand in hand...

Your best bet is to start talking with the person that will be doing your engine tuning. Tell them what your goals are and show them the compressor maps for the turbo you already have. If they can't or wont help you with that then you need to find a new tuner.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:22 AM
120,000+ miles tick tock

Talking

Originally Posted by shadycrew31
The type of BOV and waste gate will be dependent on the amount of boost you plan on running/ WHP goals.

You need the flow charts for the compressor and turbine. This will show you where your turbo is most efficient and if it even makes sense to install it on the 8.

How much air you need to flow to reach your WHP goals will determine the size of piping and inter cooler you will need.

How much boost you plan on running/air you will be moving will determine the size injectors you need.

They all go hand in hand...

Your best bet is to start talking with the person that will be doing your engine tuning. Tell them what your goals are and show them the compressor maps for the turbo you already have. If they can't or wont help you with that then you need to find a new tuner.

i understand....and as i said i am seeing whats out there for sale, bringing this info to the shop and then getting what i need ( if instructed to buy multiple units for testing and tuning purposes that is what i will do) the goal of my post is to see what is available for purchase on here and for the opportunity to utilize this site. also give my fellow 8 owners opportunity to make some cash if the parts they have FS are recommended for my application. thanks for the info and concern and verifying my long time praise of the knowledge base on here, i always recommend new 8 owners to join here

my local performance shop(CNC Engine Dynamics) has some but not alot of experience with rotary FI applications. im sure if i need some info/parts along the way i can find it here......still in the beginning stages and im looking forward to a great build
Old 09-27-2012, 01:39 AM
WENTGERMAN

LOL It's all good I can't see the pics anyways since they are a direct link from your email.

It might be hard to find people selling individual parts most are selling the turbo kit complete.

Good hunting sir!
Old 09-27-2012, 01:46 AM
120,000+ miles tick tock

deleted it sorry

yea i kno...it would be nice if i found a kit to go along with my turbo because its decent and i got it at a real good friends price lol
Old 09-27-2012, 02:08 AM
120,000+ miles tick tock

https://www.rx8club.com/rx-8-discuss...3/#post4356430

^^^^there is the pics....that are not linked to my email lol
Old 09-27-2012, 04:23 AM
No respecter of malarkey

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,640 Posts
I <3 trains wrecks, subbed
Old 09-30-2012, 11:20 AM
The Stink w.o The Sause

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can't wait to see your build, OP ... please post a thead!
Old 09-30-2012, 09:50 PM
120,000+ miles tick tock

Originally Posted by TeamRX8
I <3 trains wrecks, subbed
train wreck, in your opinion why?? Im not doing this build myself
Old 09-30-2012, 11:24 PM
The Stink w.o The Sause

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
even better!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:24 AM
Rx8 VB

I have a gauge pod ready to install brand new i have only had it on my car for 1 month i was going to go turbo decided not to ! $50 bucks its urs shipped (Gauges arent included)

Name:  HoodGuagepod_zps25137ff0.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  67.4 KB