Notices
RX-8 Parts For Sale/Wanted Parts for sale, NO Vendor Ads.
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (US State/Canada/Int):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (US State/Canada/Int):

WTB: Mazsport Ignition Solution...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 09:00 PM
I don't buy Kool-Aid

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jedi54
Dom: you should start a Group Buy!
I will need everyone to send me a dep of $100.00 up front first!
Old 12-15-2008, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05rex8
^who cares....you shouldn't be buying coils to add HP and TQ

they are more of a reliability mod than anything

with th at said....get BHR
Who said that I bought them for hp gains?? In fact, I purchased the mazsports just for the reliability issues with oem coils since I was about to be on my 4th set. I might have bought the BHRs but they were not around then and from reading about the wait list I would probably be better off to make my own set first. I am not saying that I made the correct choice in coils. I made the decision based on what was availabe at the time. This thread was started by someone looking for a particular item, instead of people trying to help all he got was the same stuff everyone gets these days, which is getting flamed for not wanting BHR.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:32 PM
sold the 8... :(

people get flamed for it because BHR's ignition actually works. it blows my mind why people want crap that doesn't work and are willing to spend good money for it

Last edited by 05rex8; 12-15-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:59 PM
3-wheeler

Originally Posted by whenson417
This thread was started by someone looking for a particular item, instead of people trying to help all he got was the same stuff everyone gets these days, which is getting flamed for not wanting BHR.
While I cannot speak for the motives of anyone else, my concern has more to do with the fact that I see someone requesting to purchase a part which has been shown to not do the job.

BHR's stance has been and will continue to be to put the interests of our customers ahead of selling products. I would rather see DOMINION buy a new set of OEM coils than purchase the Mazsport ignition solution. Why?

It shows some break up in the lines above 8250 rpm but I don't suspect my car would do much more than that in regards to hp with the oem or the BHR set.
Because as the example above shows, the product doesn't function as advertised. It causes ignition breakup in the peak power band of the rotary. How is that solving any ignition problem?

The other aspect is there's no warranty on parts and no technical support for issues. It's quite a risk to take. I just want to make sure that Dominion has all the facts before making a purchase decision. If Mazsport's stuff is what is decided then so be it. Either way, BHR will be here to support the rotary community when we're needed.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:00 PM
Banned

this is funny!
Old 12-15-2008, 11:05 PM

+1 Flashwing
well said.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:32 PM
Modulated Moderator

Received 335 Likes on 290 Posts
It shows some break up in the lines above 8250 rpm but I don't suspect my car would do much more than that in regards to hp with the oem or the BHR set.

So you think the drop outs on a dyno RPM scale have anything to do with the coils....that's too funny
Old 12-15-2008, 11:39 PM
3-wheeler

Originally Posted by dannobre
So you think the drop outs on a dyno RPM scale have anything to do with the coils....that's too funny
If by the "dropouts" you mean the typical dips that occur when the 2nd and 3rd ports open I don't think that's what they were talking about.

If you're referring to dyno sheets showing breakup above 8,000 RPM as dropouts, I'm curious to know what you believe the cause is if you don't suspect the coils or ignition system in general.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:42 PM
I don't buy Kool-Aid

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well thing is my stocks are going out for the second time. So I fig I can get a upgrade used for cheep and replace the coils so its like new then I'm good. But I think I'm just going to stay stock!
Old 12-16-2008, 06:21 AM

So you think the drop outs on a dyno RPM scale have anything to do with the coils
Yes,

That is exacly what they mean.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:01 AM
Registered

Mine were causing the hp to peak at 7000-7500 RPM instead of 8500 RPM. . . There is a thread aroudn here somewhere talkin aobut it. i dunno if i posted the final stock coils graph or not on there but i am pretty sure the mazsport one is.

Mazsport coils, check out the awesome breakup up top (sorry about pic size)

Stock coils:

Last edited by Phish806; 12-16-2008 at 07:04 AM.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:03 AM
psychoRN

mazsport Coils

Well, now that most of you have given out all that wonderful info. I am now going to have to sell my limited edition set. Thanks
Old 12-16-2008, 08:29 AM
3-wheeler

Originally Posted by huntingturtle
Well, now that most of you have given out all that wonderful info. I am now going to have to sell my limited edition set. Thanks
Don't give up! I'm sure Dannobre will need another set at some point.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:07 AM
psychoRN

Coils

Thanks Flashwing, I still have some hope.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:46 PM
Registered

Ok, I got my dyno charts to load up. Maybe now you guys will see what I am trying to say. Please don't think that I am trying to tell anyone to go out and buy the Mazsports. I am sure that if BHR would have had their coils on the market at the beginning of the year then I would be posting dynos of my car using their coils.

I just wanted to show that I got one of the shittiest dyno runs possible with the mazsport coils. I went and did a few minor changes and got much cleaner run that was in the range I was expecting without touching the coils. I know that there is still some interference in the upper rpm range but I can't afford to cruise around in that area.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
dynochart 11_13_08.bmp (150.1 KB, 88 views)
File Type: bmp
dynochart 11_1_08.bmp (150.1 KB, 91 views)
Old 12-17-2008, 02:05 AM
Banned

its funny how people on this thread are all happy about the results with the mazsport ignition .https://www.rx8club.com/showthread.p...ignition+coils

then all of a sudden when they go out of business all you guys do is start crying and saying aww i lost power, mazsport products all of a sudden dont work the coils are junk.ect...... you guys are pathetic. business wise they suck but i got to admit there products did its job.

Last edited by Mikeluvs8; 12-17-2008 at 02:07 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:27 AM
Banned

funny!!!!
Quote"Short story is that i shipped the coils to Scott. He tore them down and visually inspected them and said everything looked ok. Then he installed them on a car he had at the shop and did before and after dyno pulls. He found that the coils were functioning perfectly and that they made a few more horse as stated. The coils are currently being shipped back to me. So obviously these were not the problem that i had with my car. So i still have no clue what the issue was with the car. Could have been dyno inconsistencies and or the fact that the guy running the dyno killed it twice pulling it on the dyno so the plugs were fouled on the Mazsport coils dyno. who knows. could be alot of things.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mikeluvs8
funny!!!!
Quote"Short story is that i shipped the coils to Scott. He tore them down and visually inspected them and said everything looked ok. Then he installed them on a car he had at the shop and did before and after dyno pulls. He found that the coils were functioning perfectly and that they made a few more horse as stated. The coils are currently being shipped back to me. So obviously these were not the problem that i had with my car. So i still have no clue what the issue was with the car. Could have been dyno inconsistencies and or the fact that the guy running the dyno killed it twice pulling it on the dyno so the plugs were fouled on the Mazsport coils dyno. who knows. could be alot of things.

Correct, it could have been all of those things. However they were sent to scott. and everything stated there in my quote is true. Once he go them we had many conversations on the phone. He informed me multiple times that they were up to standards and there were no problems with them and they were functioning as if they were new. however, if "functioning new" is consistant with everyone else on here saying that they break up at high RPM's then yes, my coils were functioning perfectly like everyone elses.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:48 AM
Doppelgänger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its funny how people on this thread are all happy about the results with the mazsport ignition .
If you paid attention, you'd see the issues we've faced aren't recent. They're ongoing, however almost all of us allow for many months of time to pass to allow Scott to resolve them. We're not whiny kids who complain at the first sign of a problem. There is a reasonable expectation that the vendor will resolve the problem and work out issues so that future customers don't have issues and current customers can have a functioning car.

In my case over 14 months of issues on the fuel pump, and about 7 months of talks with Scott about the ignition/tuning issues.

funny!!!!
He tells everyone that he tests a defective product and that they are functioning as expected. Just don't try to ask him what the functioning spec is, or information about the product so that you can do any testing for yourself.

Enjoy the koolaid.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mysql
If you paid attention, you'd see the issues we've faced aren't recent. They're ongoing, however almost all of us allow for many months of time to pass to allow Scott to resolve them. We're not whiny kids who complain at the first sign of a problem. There is a reasonable expectation that the vendor will resolve the problem and work out issues so that future customers don't have issues and current customers can have a functioning car.

In my case over 14 months of issues on the fuel pump, and about 7 months of talks with Scott about the ignition/tuning issues.

He tells everyone that he tests a defective product and that they are functioning as expected. Just don't try to ask him what the functioning spec is, or information about the product so that you can do any testing for yourself.

Enjoy the koolaid.

yadadamean, its all in da doe or nothin cousin!!!!
Old 12-22-2008, 12:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MazdaManiac
He wants an ignition with no warranty, additional complexity, hard to source replacement parts and a partially incompatible trigger requirements.

I'd think everyone would want this given the opportunity.

Plus, its a collectors item now that MazSport is gone.
Does scott at Mazsport know it a collectors item now?

Originally Posted by Flashwing
Oh so they have special collectors edition? Is it gold plated? Limited edition? I love collectors stuff!
I don't think you guys would be saying this if Mazsport didn't go out of business. Good one guys to badmonth your competitor now that they have gone out of business. Only shows what type of business you guys are running. This is the reason why i question you guys. I've never seen Mazsport try to badmounth badmouth BHR or Mazdamaniac products. So to say something like this is immature.

Do me a favor and search for MAZSPORT IGNITION SOLUTION
go to page 24
post # 581

this is what mr Charles R. Hill says. If you don't believe me. go look it up.

"The bottom line is..... the Mazsport coils are well worth it."

Why would you guys try to make a joke out of this now that mazsport is out of business. I didn't find it funny. I completely understand that they may not have the best business practices, but you can't knock their products look at the cooling fan mod or the ignition solution. Their products speak for itself. Let Dominion make a decision for himself. The thread is called WTB Mazsport Ignition solution not WTB BHR ignition solution.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:47 AM
Banned

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Vegaz_Nightz
but you can't knock their products look at the cooling fan mod or the ignition solution. Their products speak for itself.
Yes. Unfortunately, they do.
Does scott at Mazsport know it a collectors item now?
Doubt it.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:49 AM

stop trying to stir sh*t up

there is plenty of evidence out there that shows these coils were a step up from factory in some ways, but ended up being not the best choice

if you feel you want the mazsport coils then get them...plenty of members offloading them after they find out they are crap.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 05rex8
stop trying to stir sh*t up

there is plenty of evidence out there that shows these coils were a step up from factory in some ways, but ended up being not the best choice

if you feel you want the mazsport coils then get them...plenty of members offloading them after they find out they are crap.
I'm not the one trying to stir sh*t up. I'm not the one that posted that this is a collectors item look at post # 4 and post #5. If thats not stir sh*t up i don't know what to say. It looks like their trying to stir stuff up sh*t with those type of post. I just posted my opinion just admit it i do have a valid point. Charles R Hill aka BHR seems like a good and honest person. Its just post like #4 and #5 make people like myself skeptical about wanting to do business with him or purchase his products.

Last edited by Vegaz_Nightz; 12-22-2008 at 01:11 AM.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:25 AM

I'm not the one trying to stir sh*t up. I'm not the one that posted that this is a collectors item look at post # 4 and post #5. If thats not stir sh*t up i don't know what to say. It looks like their trying to stir stuff up sh*t with those type of post. I just posted my opinion just admit it i do have a valid point. Charles R Hill aka BHR seems like a good and honest person. Its just post like #4 and #5 make people like myself skeptical about wanting to do business with him or purchase his products.
oh c'mon. learn to take a joke. that's what this thread turned into once it was posted. even DOM was cracking jokes about it.
they can't really stir sh*t up about a product that isn't being made anymore and that has some very noteworthy failures.

it's all good though, you are entitled to your opinion.

Last edited by 05rex8; 12-22-2008 at 01:28 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WTB: Mazsport Ignition Solution...