Notices
RX-8 Parts For Sale/Wanted Parts for sale, NO Vendor Ads.
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (US State/Canada/Int):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (US State/Canada/Int):

F/S new COBB ACCESS PORT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 03:16 AM
OMGITM!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wow, regardless of personal opinion you guys really shouldn't crap in this guys threads. TBH you just sound like MM's fanboys (I absolutely respect all of his work) - this really isn't the place for that.

OP is offering a new accessport for $600 shipped, $95+ cheaper than elsewhere new. Its the same product just with different support. Ideally a true tune would provide best results. Perhaps saving the $100 is worth it assuming you eventually plan to tune regardless.

Originally Posted by Schimmle
Yes we know what an AccessPort is. We're not flaming it, but you. Do you own one, if not please talk to someone that you know or get along with who has one, and hopefully you'll listen to them. For more information go check out the AccessPort thread, Its about 125 pages long with basically every second post stating point after point of how wrong you are. When you have a couple people calling you out on this did you ever think there might be some truth to it...wait...never mind, you haven't listened yet.
There should be no "calling out," he has given info ala cobb and is 100% entitled to a fair FS thread...
Old 07-10-2008, 03:21 AM
Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by TeamRX8
clueless = sad
wow. so true.

beers
Old 07-10-2008, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tiltmode43
Wow, regardless of personal opinion you guys really shouldn't crap in this guys threads. TBH you just sound like MM's fanboys (I absolutely respect all of his work) - this really isn't the place for that.

OP is offering a new accessport for $600 shipped, $95+ cheaper than elsewhere new. Its the same product just with different support. Ideally a true tune would provide best results. Perhaps saving the $100 is worth it assuming you eventually plan to tune regardless.

There should be no "calling out," he has given info ala cobb and is 100% entitled to a fair FS thread...
Old 07-10-2008, 08:46 AM
Registered RX8 Nut

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
For info the MM Custom Calibration service is $299.00 and can be purchased at http://www.mazdamaniac.com/cobb/accessport.htm The service comes free when you purcahse the AP from MM. So in order to buy the AP from the OP, get a custom tune and save money the OP would have to drop the price to under $400. I am guessing he wont want to do this. The only other option is to buy the AP for $600 and then perticipate in a dyno/tunning day with MM. He charges extra for non MM AP customers, about $150 instead of $80-100. If you go that route you do save a little money.

There is going to be a nor cal dyno/tune day with MM on aug 2nd, anyone that might be going and does not have an AP yet, could buy this AP, get a truly custom dyno tune and still save money.