Any good shops around Raleigh Area - RX8Club.com



SE RX-8 Forum Serving NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, TN

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
Old 07-15-2011, 11:34 PM   #1
Registered user
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Novoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 700
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
NC Any good shops around Raleigh NC Area

I will be needing a new engine soon. Any good rotary shops around Raleigh NC area?

Last edited by Novoken; 04-08-2013 at 06:25 AM.
Novoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
Registered user
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Novoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 700
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bump
Novoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #3
Registered
 
pr_soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Richmond Hill, GA
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
you could check joe performance if you are anywhere close to fayetteville
pr_soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:24 PM   #4
Registered user
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Novoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 700
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
has he worked on your car? Does he rebuild engines too?
Novoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:18 PM   #5
Registered
 
pr_soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Richmond Hill, GA
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
he works on all types of RE! he didnt work on mine yet its been over 5 years since I busted mine, but he has rebuild other renesis. ill PM you his number if you want
pr_soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:55 AM   #6
Registered user
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Novoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 700
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr_soldier View Post
he works on all types of RE! he didnt work on mine yet its been over 5 years since I busted mine, but he has rebuild other renesis. ill PM you his number if you want
ok pm me.
Novoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:50 PM   #7
Registered user
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Novoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 700
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Found a great rotary mechanic in Roanoke Rapids NC.
Got his contact info from some members from rx7club.com

Guy knows his stuff!!! He had like 7 FD park outside. One had a 3 rotor!! His FD was hotness.

Im taking my 8 next month to get a rebuild....... it will be reborn!!
Novoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:02 AM   #8
Registered user
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Novoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 700
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So my mechanic is super busy and I need someone to check my 8 to get it inspected since its failing because its trowing an engine code. Anyone in the Raleigh area?
Novoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #9
Registered
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 111
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i work on rx7 and rx8 cars have been building motors since 96 just got done building a motor for a 2004 rx8 and all went fine.im low cost and easy to work with im less than 2 hours east of you

also i have built motors for enduro racecars running in 24hr and 14hr races at daytona sebring vir road atlanta etc i have had very few motor failures out of about 15 events from 4 different teams i built motors for.and i have there contact info to back me up if needed for reference.and just to make it clear most the motor failures were driver error or overheat issues at track not motor assembly but stuff happens to motors when pushed hard for hours and hours.we had one motor last 4 24hr races before water seal went.i have probly rebuilt 40 plus motors over the years

i was going to make a post on here letting people know i can rebuild there rx8 motor if they were in need of someone but not sure if that is allowed on here.i charge 400 to take block apart and reassemble.im kinda picky on the internalls used though i mainly stick with atkins heat treated apex seals and everything else just stock unless you want more heat treated stuff just comes down to cost and upgrade the oil system a little unless you got a 09 up car.i charge 800 to remove and reinstall motor.

Last edited by coolcars44; 04-09-2013 at 11:29 AM.
coolcars44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #10
Registered user
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Novoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 700
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Where are you located?
Novoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #11
Registered
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 111
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
washington nc zip 27889 near greenville nc my email is [email protected] my ebay member name is mazdaracecar im known on there by most
coolcars44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #12
Registered user
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Novoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 700
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
wow I was there last week. its only 1 hour away. Ill email you.
Novoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #13
Registered
 
alexrotor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sanford, NC
Posts: 44
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novoken View Post
wow I was there last week. its only 1 hour away. Ill email you.
Would like to stop what is the address. You can pm it if you prefer.
alexrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:22 PM   #14
absolutely disgusting!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Garner, NC
Posts: 90
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think i need a new motor or a rebuild. I'm in the raleigh area too.
C-PHLAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:06 AM   #15
Registered user
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
Novoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 700
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-PHLAT View Post
I think i need a new motor or a rebuild. I'm in the raleigh area too.
Check with Gray's Rotary Specialist in Smithfield NC
Novoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 04:54 PM   #16
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcars44 View Post
i work on rx7 and rx8 cars have been building motors since 96 just got done building a motor for a 2004 rx8 and all went fine.im low cost and easy to work with im less than 2 hours east of you

also i have built motors for enduro racecars running in 24hr and 14hr races at daytona sebring vir road atlanta etc i have had very few motor failures out of about 15 events from 4 different teams i built motors for.and i have there contact info to back me up if needed for reference.and just to make it clear most the motor failures were driver error or overheat issues at track not motor assembly but stuff happens to motors when pushed hard for hours and hours.we had one motor last 4 24hr races before water seal went.i have probly rebuilt 40 plus motors over the years

i was going to make a post on here letting people know i can rebuild there rx8 motor if they were in need of someone but not sure if that is allowed on here.i charge 400 to take block apart and reassemble.im kinda picky on the internalls used though i mainly stick with atkins heat treated apex seals and everything else just stock unless you want more heat treated stuff just comes down to cost and upgrade the oil system a little unless you got a 09 up car.i charge 800 to remove and reinstall motor.
So I know this is an older thread but I need some transmission work done on my 04 rx8 6 speed is your shop still active? If so could I get some information On where you are at currently and contact info. I've been it technician for 10 Its been my only job but as you can imagine I've never touched a rotary engine Or trans and find my self a little bit second guessing my abilities. So if anyone knows a good tech whos brain I can pick and who can get the job done. Thank you
JackWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:25 PM   #17
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rx8 mechanic in nc can you send his # ?

Can you pm me his info please ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novoken View Post
Found a great rotary mechanic in Roanoke Rapids NC.
Got his contact info from some members from rx7club.com

Guy knows his stuff!!! He had like 7 FD park outside. One had a 3 rotor!! His FD was hotness.

Im taking my 8 next month to get a rebuild....... it will be reborn!!
Lbsaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 05:18 PM   #18
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talk to Joey at HRT Performance. He is plugged in to the rotary heads in the triangle.
rockfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:22 PM   #19
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcars44 View Post
i work on rx7 and rx8 cars have been building motors since 96 just got done building a motor for a 2004 rx8 and all went fine.im low cost and easy to work with im less than 2 hours east of you

also i have built motors for enduro racecars running in 24hr and 14hr races at daytona sebring vir road atlanta etc i have had very few motor failures out of about 15 events from 4 different teams i built motors for.and i have there contact info to back me up if needed for reference.and just to make it clear most the motor failures were driver error or overheat issues at track not motor assembly but stuff happens to motors when pushed hard for hours and hours.we had one motor last 4 24hr races before water seal went.i have probly rebuilt 40 plus motors over the years

i was going to make a post on here letting people know i can rebuild there rx8 motor if they were in need of someone but not sure if that is allowed on here.i charge 400 to take block apart and reassemble.im kinda picky on the internalls used though i mainly stick with atkins heat treated apex seals and everything else just stock unless you want more heat treated stuff just comes down to cost and upgrade the oil system a little unless you got a 09 up car.i charge 800 to remove and reinstall motor.


hey do you still fix rotary engines ? This my number 252 624 5796 txt or call me anytime
Joelortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 08:08 AM   #20
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
NC Looking good mechanic

Hey guys, I need a good rotary mechanic around Raleigh. My 8 died the other day and after coil, wire and plugs swap, I'm afraid I'm in need of a rebuild. I've seen the guy in Smithfield, but am wondering if he is still around in nearly 2018. Thanks, all advice helps as I miss driving my 8.
Harley Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 08:11 AM   #21
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Grays rotary still around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novoken View Post
Check with Gray's Rotary Specialist in Smithfield NC
I'm in the Smithfield area too. Is he still around, need help!!
Harley Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 11:34 AM   #22
Registered
 
0-TO-100_Real_Quick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 49
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
I live in Durham, and the closest one to me that I've found so far is RotorSports Racing Mazda RX-7 rotary engines and performance modifications shop over near Charlotte. I've only spoken to the owner via email and a phone call, so I can't attest to their actual work. But he's plenty friendly and will give you estimates.

I've also heard good things about Rotary Resurrection over in TN, but if you've got a dead car, that's a ways to drive. In all honesty, right now, I'm leaning towards this shop when my RX-8's time comes, just because of the good things I've heard.
0-TO-100_Real_Quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 11:41 AM   #23
Registered
 
0-TO-100_Real_Quick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 49
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Also, this post on Reddit was a good read, despite the usual crap that's on the RX8 sub.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RX8/comment...orth_carolina/
0-TO-100_Real_Quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 04:47 PM   #24
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-TO-100_Real_Quick View Post
I live in Durham, and the closest one to me that I've found so far is RotorSports Racing Mazda RX-7 rotary engines and performance modifications shop over near Charlotte. I've only spoken to the owner via email and a phone call, so I can't attest to their actual work. But he's plenty friendly and will give you estimates.

I've also heard good things about Rotary Resurrection over in TN, but if you've got a dead car, that's a ways to drive. In all honesty, right now, I'm leaning towards this shop when my RX-8's time comes, just because of the good things I've heard.
I have the typical, turns over but won't start. It's an 04 auto. (Don't ask about the auto crap.. not my prime choice.) None the less I love my car; and hate that it's sick. I just got 100k about a week ago and was getting ready to do a tune up. However on Tuesday night it died. Bogged out, sounded diesel-my then died out from what I can tell die to a severe flooding. So I'm sort of at a loss on what direction to go given I I went on the with tune up and still can not seem to get it to crank.
Harley Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 08:19 AM   #25
You gonna eat that?
iTrader: (1)
 
BigCajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kansas City, Mo.
Posts: 3,995
Thanks: 0
Thanked 340 Times in 261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Sutton View Post
I'm in the Smithfield area too. Is he still around, need help!!
Rotary Ressurection is the closest that I know of.
I started a thread of rebuilders to help our fellow members find ones near them.
If you find one not on the list, please post it there, thanks.
https://www.rx8club.com/rx-8-discuss...ilders-265177/
BigCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bodyshop/Mechanic in LA 626 blkswan West RX-8 Forum 4 10-24-2016 12:34 PM
Good tuners in nyc area ? JR RX8 Series I Engine Tuning Forum 10 09-08-2015 09:53 AM
Need to pass Emissions/Inspection Raleigh, NC SIllver New Member Forum 0 08-01-2015 08:34 PM
Is this the car for me? Peanutbuttertruffle New Member Forum 6 07-24-2015 08:49 AM
RR Catted Midpipe Modification Jvswan Series I Aftermarket Performance Modifications 28 07-23-2015 10:02 AM


Tags
engine, fayeteville, mechanic, mechanics, nc, raleigh, rapids, rebuild, roanoke, rotary, rx7, rx8, shops, smithfield, specialist

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 AM.


All content Copyright 2017 by Internet Brands, Inc. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.