New Cooling Fans - Page 2 - RX8Club.com



Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
Old 08-16-2016, 05:23 PM   #26
RX8Club.com Premium Sponsor
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: RX8Performance.com
Posts: 197
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Brief update guys!

It's been asked a couple of times so I wanted to let those of you with automatic RX-8's know that this fan and shroud assembly is compatible with your vehicle as well! They have been customer installed and the built in transmission cooler lines of the OE radiator will clear the shroud!

These are in stock and ready to ship!

Thanks guys, we appreciate your business, Scott

Last edited by RX-Tuner; 08-16-2016 at 07:15 PM.
RX-Tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:58 AM   #27
skc
rev it up
 
skc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 1,501
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadChris View Post
Received my unit last week. Unwrapped it last night. Fit and finish is excellent. Looks good, and the flanges cover the radiator well. A big improvement over my OEM unit, much less leakage.

Looking forward to getting the engine back in the car so I can give an instrumented test.
Any photos on the fitting? I am struggling with the bottom post alignment. The top fits well.
skc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 02:31 PM   #28
Registered
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 577
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Skc, wanted to answer your question. Keep in mind I did it with no engine in the car so results may vary.

On my radiator the bottom posts lined up okay with the fan shroud, but only one top post worked. It's less than perfect but should hold up.

I can try and get pictures if you would like.
BigBadChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 05:18 PM   #29
Registered
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 618
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
If combined with the rx8performance radiator, will modification still be needed to the factory airbox tray and battery tray, or does this fan leave enough clearance without any modification?
blu3dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 04:06 PM   #30
RX8Club.com Premium Sponsor
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: RX8Performance.com
Posts: 197
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3dragon View Post
If combined with the rx8performance radiator, will modification still be needed to the factory airbox tray and battery tray, or does this fan leave enough clearance without any modification?
Yes it can be used with our dual pass radiator without modifying the battery tray, we have a additional hardware kit that will increase the clearance slightly. What battery are you using currently?
RX-Tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:39 PM   #31
Registered
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 618
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-Tuner View Post
Yes it can be used with our dual pass radiator without modifying the battery tray, we have a additional hardware kit that will increase the clearance slightly. What battery are you using currently?
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to take another look at it this weekend and decide what direction to go...

Battery is smaller than stock, so I have room to modify the tray if needed. I'm a bit more concerned about modifying the stock fans and the interference with the air intake.
I don't have an AC condenser, so it should be possible for me to space the radiator down a little bit to make more room...
blu3dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 05:12 PM   #32
RX8Club.com Premium Sponsor
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: RX8Performance.com
Posts: 197
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3dragon View Post
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to take another look at it this weekend and decide what direction to go...

Battery is smaller than stock, so I have room to modify the tray if needed. I'm a bit more concerned about modifying the stock fans and the interference with the air intake.
I don't have an AC condenser, so it should be possible for me to space the radiator down a little bit to make more room...
I'm not sure which intake your running but if you don't have an a/c condenser to contend with your absolutely correct that you can lower the top mounting brackets and add additional spacing if you like.

Either way I don't believe it would be an issue as we haven't seen it as one here at our facility with any intakes whether F/I or N/A applications.
RX-Tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RX-Tuner For This Useful Post:
derek196 (07-30-2017)
Old 09-25-2017, 12:03 PM   #33
Koi no Ousama
iTrader: (25)
 
TeamRX8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 19,965
Thanks: 0
Thanked 177 Times in 152 Posts
Just curious if you know what the factory PCM programming is for how the fans operate when the RX8 is at speed? There seems to be some question about whether they turn off above a certain speed, operate on low speed only, or operate low/high speed based on coolant temperature the same as idle.
TeamRX8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 12:52 PM   #34
Sicker than your average
 
Nisaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Posts: 964
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamRX8
Just curious if you know what the factory PCM programming is for how the fans operate when the RX8 is at speed? There seems to be some question about whether they turn off above a certain speed, operate on low speed only, or operate low/high speed based on coolant temperature the same as idle.
They turn on low speed at 206F and high speed at 213.8F. Speed has nothing to do with it. They will work even at speed if the coolant temp is higher than the trigger temp. I have checked.
Nisaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:33 PM   #35
Koi no Ousama
iTrader: (25)
 
TeamRX8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 19,965
Thanks: 0
Thanked 177 Times in 152 Posts
Well there is an adjustable speed parameter in the fan control section of the Cobb AccessTuner software, which it comes from the factory programming, but the actual definition/description for it was never clearly documented. I'm sure Mazda Megalomaniac might know or claim to any ways. I never actually tested it and my car is still on jackstands for at least another month.
TeamRX8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 03:16 PM   #36
Boosted Kiwi
iTrader: (2)
 
Brettus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Y-cat-o NZ
Posts: 17,577
Thanked 59 Times in 44 Posts
I know 100% for sure the low speed fans stays on and am 90% sure the high speed fans turn off at the set speed.
Was going to test the effect of this at the track last weekend but we ended up deciding it may cause more issues than it solves.
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:04 PM   #37
Koi no Ousama
iTrader: (25)
 
TeamRX8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 19,965
Thanks: 0
Thanked 177 Times in 152 Posts
Thanks, it's not possible to determine without a working car, otherwise some lights wired into the relays make it easy to figure out otherwise.
TeamRX8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:37 PM   #38
Boosted Kiwi
iTrader: (2)
 
Brettus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Y-cat-o NZ
Posts: 17,577
Thanked 59 Times in 44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamRX8 View Post
Thanks, it's not possible to determine without a working car, otherwise some lights wired into the relays make it easy to figure out otherwise.
That's what I did to determine the low speed fans but never thought to test the high speeds the same way at the time.
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 AM.


All content Copyright 2017 by Internet Brands, Inc. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.