You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access
to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join RX8Club.com today!
1) The clutch bleed nipple is in the same place, but the oil filter has moved. At least I think this is the case from pictures, I don't have an S1 to check. But, since it was a PITA to find, here's some help. First, it's in the back of the engine compartment above the transmission. Second, it's a total PITA to get to from either side. I couldn't get at it at all, but my wife's hands were small enough too reach from the top. The attached picture was taken from the top of the engine, you can see the dipstick in the bottom and the new clutch line in the back. The blurry screw with a rubber dust cap is the bleed valve.
2) You'll want to buy a speed bleeder. From the top, you can't see the drain tube with your hand in there.
3) The brake lines and clutch lines from S1 fit S2. You need an 8mm line wrench to bleed the front brakes, but if you can't find one just use a closed end wrench just put it on the valve before you put the clear tube on.
4) Don't wear nice jeans or your wife will be mad at you.
5) Don't let the brake fluid empty out or you'll have to bench bleed the master cylinder. This sucks and risks making a mess out of the engine compartment. Just check the fluid, trust me it's easier.
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members. Register your free account today and become a member on RX8Club.com!