here a quick DIY since must of the info is already in here:
ALWAYS UNPLUG YOUR BATTERY!
Building the PC:
Please check out mp3car.com
Intalling the Screen:
1. Remove shifter surround, ash tray, radio, ac vents and then remove the stock nav
D.I.Y Whole navigation System!
2. Unscrew stock nav ( i took pics to remember how to put it back) you pretty much have to remove it all. The motor and everything. The ribbons come off too by pulling the two little tabs outwards. It's scary but just take your time.
3. unplug and remove stock lcd but leave the board in.
4. you have to dremel a hole on the back of the stock nav housing to run the new wires, make sure it's all the way at the bottom where the stock ribbon goes trough.
5. remove touchscreen from stock housing
6. place the touchscreen in the NAV housing. It needs to be raised a bit so the screen doesn’t touch the frame. I used thin plastic pieces.
7. to mount the new touchscreen I used a rubber piece over it and screwed it in. Probably not the best way to do it but it worked fine.
8. Put everything back together.
I put the stock LCD's board in between the touchscreen and the touchscreen's board. It's a tight fit but it does fit! I used thin foam in between them to prevent them from shorting out.
You have keep the baord from the stock LCD or the open/close/tilt function won't work.
i followed this but didnt use the stock metal frame. on my screen the IR reciver was on seperate board. I moved the board to where the stock IR used to be.
9. Only problem I had was getting the screen to open. It would just close. If it does this and the tilt doesn’t work. It means it needs calibration. Removed the gear on the motor and move it forward/backwards one teeth until it works. Takes sometime but it will work.
I ran a 8 gauge wire from the battery to the PSU for constant power
I ran positive and negative from the cig lighter.
I used the PIE + Mbus car2pc.
Connect to aux-in on head unit and plug usb side to pc as well as 1/8” jack. Install drivers. Works great. I’m using the built-in sound car on the pc and it sounds really good.