Notices
RX-8 Parts For Sale/Wanted Parts for sale, NO Vendor Ads.
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (US State/Canada/Int):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (US State/Canada/Int):

WTB: Mazsport Ignition Solution...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 01:25 AM
3-wheeler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vegaz_Nightz
I've never seen Mazsport try to badmounth badmouth BHR or Mazdamaniac products. So to say something like this is immature.

The thread is called WTB Mazsport Ignition solution not WTB BHR ignition solution.
Vegaz, I'm sure if you ever have the chance to deal with me in person or in PM's you'll find that about 75% of the time I'm not serious. I prefer to laugh at life than cry. At no point in this thread have a said anything negative about Mazsport as a company. If you want those opinions you can easily find them in other threads on RX8club.

Smile! It will brighten your day!

I just posted my opinion just admit it i do have a valid point. Charles R Hill aka BHR seems like a good and honest person. Its just post like #4 and #5 make people like myself skeptical about wanting to do business with him or purchase his products.
If my sense of humor is enough to make you want to do business with someone else then there is very little I can do for you. My only purpose is to make sure people are given the facts about upgrades and technical information with the RX8.

Sometimes, those facts are hard to swallow because people have perceptions about manufacturers, vendors, and individual sellers.

In either case, if you truely believe Mazsport's Ignition Solution is the superious product, then by all means please purchase one. Install the kit, and drive around with it. When you feel up to it, drop me a PM and let me know what your impressions are.

Dominion happens to be someone whom Charles knows and when he was asking about the Mazsport kit we (BHR) wanted to make sure he was armed with all the facts. In the end, he decided to purchase a new set of ignition coils.

If you read this thread, you'll notice that I actually suggested that he do that very same thing BEFORE that was his final choice. In the end, I want what's best for my customers even if that means buying something from someone else.

So instead of getting upset about what people are saying, find a for sale thread for a Mazsport kit and buy it. Let me know what you think. I'll have plenty of BHR ignition kits ready should you decide to dump it down the road.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:31 AM
Banned

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Its just post like #4 and #5 make people like myself skeptical about wanting to do business with him or purchase his products.
Then don't.
Nobody is twisting your arm.

When you need an ignition solution, you will (hopefully) come to your own conclusion based on the available data and choices.
Purchase whatever floats your boat.

The facts are thus:

OE coils fail easily.
MazSport is no longer available.
BHR is.

By definition, MazSport items are "collectible" in that you can no longer acquire them new.
It is already established (from Scott's own admission) that the MazSport ignition system does not provide the same electrical characteristics as the OE system.
The BHR system does.

As far as performance goes, the evidence is, thus far, only somewhat anecdotal on both products.
However, there are yet to be any people indicating that they have either lost performance or had issues with the function of the BHR system while the opposite is true of the MazSport system.

That isn't "bashing". Its merely an observation.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 05rex8
oh c'mon. learn to take a joke. that's what this thread turned into once it was posted. even DOM was cracking jokes about it.
they can't really stir sh*t up about a product that isn't being made anymore and that has some very noteworthy failures.

it's all good though, you are entitled to your opinion.
what failures are you reffering to? I don't recall reading about any negative feedback from people who actually bought the mazsport ignition coil.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:42 AM
Banned

at the end of the it all comes down to 1 thing that is personal preference witch one do you prefer.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mikeluvs8
at the end of the it all comes down to 1 thing that is personal preference witch one do you prefer.
Correct.
Do you prefer an item that you can get and works or one you can't and doesn't?
Old 12-22-2008, 01:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Flashwing
Vegaz, I'm sure if you ever have the chance to deal with me in person or in PM's you'll find that about 75% of the time I'm not serious. I prefer to laugh at life than cry. At no point in this thread have a said anything negative about Mazsport as a company. If you want those opinions you can easily find them in other threads on RX8club.

Smile! It will brighten your day!

If my sense of humor is enough to make you want to do business with someone else then there is very little I can do for you. My only purpose is to make sure people are given the facts about upgrades and technical information with the RX8.

Sometimes, those facts are hard to swallow because people have perceptions about manufacturers, vendors, and individual sellers.

In either case, if you truely believe Mazsport's Ignition Solution is the superious product, then by all means please purchase one. Install the kit, and drive around with it. When you feel up to it, drop me a PM and let me know what your impressions are.

Dominion happens to be someone whom Charles knows and when he was asking about the Mazsport kit we (BHR) wanted to make sure he was armed with all the facts. In the end, he decided to purchase a new set of ignition coils.

If you read this thread, you'll notice that I actually suggested that he do that very same thing BEFORE that was his final choice. In the end, I want what's best for my customers even if that means buying something from someone else.

So instead of getting upset about what people are saying, find a for sale thread for a Mazsport kit and buy it. Let me know what you think. I'll have plenty of BHR ignition kits ready should you decide to dump it down the road.
I think i found the best solution for me.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:54 AM
sold the 8... :(

what failures are you reffering to? I don't recall reading about any negative feedback from people who actually bought the mazsport ignition coil.
perhaps you may need to do some more research
Old 12-22-2008, 01:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MazdaManiac
Correct.
Do you prefer an item that you can get and works or one you can't and doesn't?
good point, but how can you just say that the other product does not work? what are some of the issues that you have gone through with the other coils?
Old 12-22-2008, 02:02 AM

oh lord...are you a troll?

you can find them in this very thread!
Old 12-22-2008, 02:03 AM
Banned

oh lord...
yes!!!! thank you jesus....
Old 12-22-2008, 02:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mikeluvs8
good point, but how can you just say that the other product does not work? what are some of the issues that you have gone through with the other coils?

This is my solution Mazdamaniac, Easy E-1, Flashwing, 05REX can all chip in and buy me and you a BHR ignition System for xmas!! Hurry up guys christmas is in 3 days. I want to install this on my xmas day!!! See flashwing i do have a humor . Me and mike will be waiting for our ignition system on xday day. Thank you for you cooperation. If you need my shipping info PM me. Just like OBAMA said we need change!!
Old 12-22-2008, 02:08 AM
Banned

How about you just look at mine next time I'm in Vegas?
Old 12-22-2008, 02:10 AM
Owner of BHR

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
I've never seen Mazsport try to badmounth badmouth BHR or Mazdamaniac products.
The tree made a sound just the same.

Scott did "badmouth" both the BHR Ignition System and the MazdaManiac Turbo Uprade. In the first case, it was said the ignition system simply didn't work. In the second, it was said that the upgrade only laid down 220 rwhp.

One thing is for sure; Scott rarely, if ever, posted up anything discussing why he designed things they way he did, why he made the suggestions that he did regarding parts swaps, nor other in-depth examination of how the RX-8 works. Most people simply got a suggestion to "call me and I would be happy to help you." This was when he wasn't secretly bad-mouthing Esmeril's turbo kit via PMs.

On the other hand, MM and I have always had a policy of openly inviting others (even vendors) to critque our views, opinions, and products no matter what the thread. Jeff is usually pretty cantankerous about it and I am often a little more diplomatic but the point is that at least we stick our necks out for all to see, for better or worse.

Last edited by Charles R. Hill; 12-22-2008 at 02:13 AM.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:13 AM
3-wheeler

This is my solution Mazdamaniac, Easy E-1, Flashwing, 05REX can all chip in and buy me and you a BHR ignition System for xmas!! Hurry up guys christmas is in 3 days. I want to install this on my xmas day!!! See flashwing i do have a humor . Me and mike will be waiting for our ignition system on xday day. Thank you for you cooperation. If you need my shipping info PM me. Just like OBAMA said we need change!!
My collectors item joke was funnier!

I'm afraid that even I don't get anything from BHR for free. I can send you pictures though!
Old 12-22-2008, 02:13 AM
Owner of BHR

Or maybe Phil's. His car will be done soon.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:15 AM
Owner of BHR

I'm afraid that even I don't get anything from BHR for free. I can send you pictures though!
Have ye forgotten Thanksgiving already?! What about the drinks and food all those other nights, too?

your solution sucks as well as your humor.
Banned

That would be cool. Actually i would like to take a ride in a turbo 8.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:17 AM
Banned

your solution sucks as well as your humor.
WTF are you saying that the BHR solution sucks? Makeup your mind your confusing me!!
Old 12-22-2008, 02:18 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Mmmmm Turkey and all the trimmings!

Look the BHR team is all on line. Posting in your threads!
Old 12-22-2008, 02:19 AM
3-wheeler

Originally Posted by Charles R. Hill
Have ye forgotten Thanksgiving already?! What about the drinks and food all those other nights, too?
Considering you insisted on "favors" I figured it was proper payment.

I thought drinking was part of the production process! We always make stuff better when we're smashed. Even Erick bends brackets straighter!

Charles takes good care of me. No shame in admitting that.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:21 AM

WTF are you saying that the BHR solution sucks? Makeup your mind your confusing me!!
?

no.

Your posts say a lot about your intelligence or lack thereof.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:25 AM
Banned

Considering you insisted on "favors" I figured it was proper payment.

I thought drinking was part of the production process! We always make stuff better when we're smashed. Even Erick bends brackets straighter!

Charles takes good care of me. No shame in admitting that.
Im pretty sure he takes good care of you or is it more like this
Old 12-22-2008, 02:27 AM
3-wheeler

Charles doen't call me FlashWong for nothing!
Old 12-22-2008, 02:30 AM
Banned

Charles doen't call me FlashWong for nothing!
damn this thread is turning gay real fast.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WTB: Mazsport Ignition Solution...