Hot New AutoExe Steering Wheel - Page 4 - RX8Club.com



Mazmart The leader in late model Mazda parts

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
Old 08-28-2013, 09:51 AM   #76
WENTGERMAN
iTrader: (6)
 
shadycrew31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Burbs,PA
Posts: 5,793
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Good lord, please consult the factory service manual before dealing with an explosive device.

If you are too lazy to look it up the plugs have a black plastic clip that pops out with a flathead screwdriver. It does not matter which one you pull first.

It does matter that you treat it like a bomb.

Unless you want to prove the Darwinism theory correct please always point the emblem away from your body AT ALL TIMES. Store it emblem side up far away enough from you so that if it does indeed pop it will not injure you.
shadycrew31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:27 AM   #77
RX8Club.com Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Mazmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,769
Thanked 38 Times in 18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olorin2 View Post
Hey guys, real quick... I'm doing the install now and just wanted to be sure I'm removing these airbag clips correctly (the orange and yellow ones). How do they come off? I don't just want to start pulling and twisting them without know exactly how they work. These seem to be unique from any other wiring harness connectors on the car.

Thanks in advance...
Disconnect your battery and to re-phrase what shadycrew31 said; " the plugs have a black plastic clip that pops out with a flathead screwdriver. It does not matter which one you pull first."

I hope that is helpful. Also, pay attention to steering position prior to the work so you line it back up properly. Another hint for anyone who may not have removed a steering wheel before: Slacken the 21 mm nut and pull with good force toward you. DO NOT REMOVE THE NUT until you feel the wheel pop loose.

Paul.
Mazmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #78
Registered
iTrader: (6)
 
Olorin2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 662
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadycrew31 View Post
Good lord, please consult the factory service manual before dealing with an explosive device.

If you are too lazy to look it up the plugs have a black plastic clip that pops out with a flathead screwdriver. It does not matter which one you pull first.

It does matter that you treat it like a bomb.

Unless you want to prove the Darwinism theory correct please always point the emblem away from your body AT ALL TIMES. Store it emblem side up far away enough from you so that if it does indeed pop it will not injure you.
Whoa, easy Shady! I'm not being lazy with this, and thought I could just post the question while I got some breakfast. I'm being extremely careful, actually, which is why I didn't just start messing with the connectors without knowing how they worked. Hence the reason I posted. I also do understand the ramifications of not treating the airbag unit carefully. Thanks for your reply as well as Paul's.
Olorin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:30 PM   #79
RX8Club.com Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Mazmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,769
Thanked 38 Times in 18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olorin2 View Post
Whoa, easy Shady! I'm not being lazy with this, and thought I could just post the question while I got some breakfast. I'm being extremely careful, actually, which is why I didn't just start messing with the connectors without knowing how they worked. Hence the reason I posted. I also do understand the ramifications of not treating the airbag unit carefully. Thanks for your reply as well as Paul's.
That was partially why I responded; to bring a pleasant friendliness back to the thread.

Paul.
Mazmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:03 PM   #80
WENTGERMAN
iTrader: (6)
 
shadycrew31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Burbs,PA
Posts: 5,793
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Sorry I just woke up and was in the zone!

Carry on, hope the install goes smooth.

The hardest part i had was running all the wires through the steering wheel correctly. they only fit one way and i forgot to take pictures as I did it haha.
shadycrew31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:47 PM   #81
Registered
iTrader: (6)
 
Olorin2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 662
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadycrew31 View Post
Sorry I just woke up and was in the zone!

Carry on, hope the install goes smooth.

The hardest part i had was running all the wires through the steering wheel correctly. they only fit one way and i forgot to take pictures as I did it haha.
No worries. The install went without a hitch and I drove with it quite a bit today. I actually did take a pic of the OEM wheel and the wiring, and it helped a lot when I went to swap it all in. For me the toughest part was actually getting the stock steering wheel off. I had to bang it pretty good with a rubber mallet, along with quite a bit of wiggling back and forth.

Plenty of pics already of this, so I'll only post one if someone really wants to see it.
Olorin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:48 PM   #82
RX8Club.com Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Mazmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,769
Thanked 38 Times in 18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olorin2 View Post
No worries. The install went without a hitch and I drove with it quite a bit today. I actually did take a pic of the OEM wheel and the wiring, and it helped a lot when I went to swap it all in. For me the toughest part was actually getting the stock steering wheel off. I had to bang it pretty good with a rubber mallet, along with quite a bit of wiggling back and forth.

Plenty of pics already of this, so I'll only post one if someone really wants to see it.
Yes, you have to wiggle it while you pull it, that is the key .

Paul.
Mazmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:26 PM   #83
WENTGERMAN
iTrader: (6)
 
shadycrew31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Burbs,PA
Posts: 5,793
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feels and smells amazing though
shadycrew31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:48 AM   #84
Registered
iTrader: (6)
 
Olorin2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 662
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadycrew31 View Post
Feels and smells amazing though
It really does. Love the feel and the matte leather look, as opposed to the OEM wheel, which started to look a little shiny from wear. Wish I could find something that could make my leather seats look a little more matte as well.
Olorin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #85
WENTGERMAN
iTrader: (6)
 
shadycrew31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Burbs,PA
Posts: 5,793
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olorin2 View Post
It really does. Love the feel and the matte leather look, as opposed to the OEM wheel, which started to look a little shiny from wear. Wish I could find something that could make my leather seats look a little more matte as well.
Yea it just adds a level of sports/luxury to the interior. I took it a step further and wrapped every gloss black and most of the silver trim with satin black vinyl. It really pulled it all together.

I have the cloth interior though, not sure how that would look with leather.
shadycrew31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:54 PM   #86
Registered
 
waky racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: in my garage
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waky racer View Post
Mod edit: Selling in someone else's FS thread is rather rude. Especially so if they are a paying forum vendor.
-RIWWP
Sorry, total Brain F _ _t on my part. I apologize to all, including Mazmart. I have bought used parts for various Mazda's from them over the years and have always been pleased with their quality, honesty and reasonable prices.
waky racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:26 PM   #87
Plus One...
iTrader: (1)
 
bladeiai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 501
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olorin2 View Post
It really does. Love the feel and the matte leather look, as opposed to the OEM wheel, which started to look a little shiny from wear. Wish I could find something that could make my leather seats look a little more matte as well.
If you give your seats a good thorough cleaning with an actual leather cleaner (using a leather scrub/cleaning brush, etc) it will leave it with a somewhat more dull look. Those general purpose cleaners and cheap leather cleaners usually have the greasy high gloss finish.
bladeiai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:51 PM   #88
Registered
iTrader: (38)
 
9krpmrx8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 33,302
Thanked 205 Times in 174 Posts
My plan is to leave a box of surgical gloves in my car and just use them while I drive,
9krpmrx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:23 PM   #89
Registered
iTrader: (6)
 
Hector Castillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San antonio tx. SARX
Posts: 1,001
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
did you mind if i get one 9k? lol
Hector Castillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:25 PM   #90
Registered
iTrader: (38)
 
9krpmrx8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 33,302
Thanked 205 Times in 174 Posts
hell no, Do it! But you need a new interior for it to match
9krpmrx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:51 PM   #91
Registered
iTrader: (6)
 
Olorin2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 662
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeiai View Post
If you give your seats a good thorough cleaning with an actual leather cleaner (using a leather scrub/cleaning brush, etc) it will leave it with a somewhat more dull look. Those general purpose cleaners and cheap leather cleaners usually have the greasy high gloss finish.
I've only used decent cleaners in the past (Zaino and Chemical Guys), but they both make the seats even shinier. I guess I need a good brush. I'll talk to you more about it later, to avoid hijacking the steering wheel thread.
Olorin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:15 PM   #92
Registered
iTrader: (6)
 
Hector Castillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San antonio tx. SARX
Posts: 1,001
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9krpmrx8 View Post
hell no, Do it! But you need a new interior for it to match
im gunna get the black n red from the guy in dallas till hoss sell me his r3 =) or find another one r3 interior
Hector Castillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:32 PM   #93
RX8Club.com Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Mazmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,769
Thanked 38 Times in 18 Posts
AutoExe Steering wheel for the S2

Don't forget we have this for the S2 version as well.

MAZMART - Serving The Mazda Community Since 1980. Steering Wheel

Paul.
Attached Thumbnails
Hot New AutoExe Steering Wheel-msy1370-03-car.jpg  
Mazmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:36 AM   #94
New Member
 
efso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Greece
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So i am very tempted with this wheel,but i have to ask,is the thickness the same as the oem,or is it thicker?

ps i am talking about the S2 version..
efso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:20 AM   #95
RX8Club.com Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Mazmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,769
Thanked 38 Times in 18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efso View Post
So i am very tempted with this wheel,but i have to ask,is the thickness the same as the oem,or is it thicker?

ps i am talking about the S2 version..
I believe it is slightly thicker, but those who have purchased the S1 versions would be able to comment on thickness, at least until I can get an accurate answer tonight from Japan.

Paul.
Mazmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #96
New Member
 
efso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Greece
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks,lets wait for the reply from autoexe.
efso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:50 AM   #97
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Received it this morning in Perth Australia. Thanks Paul for the super quick shipping. Installed it straightaway and it feels so good. Haven't gone out for a drive yet but here are the pics! The series 1 version does feel slightly thicker. I haven't measured yet but can do so later.

Here is the link to the installation process which I have written up. Full credit to DY8 for the guide on how to remove the steering wheel.

RX8 Club Australia • View topic - Autoexe Steering Wheel

Cheers!


Jay
jd16wa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #98
RX8Club.com Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Mazmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,769
Thanked 38 Times in 18 Posts
AutoExe has confirmed that the sports steering wheel is thicker (Both models).

Paul.
Mazmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:40 AM   #99
RX8Club.com Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Mazmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,769
Thanked 38 Times in 18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd16wa View Post
Received it this morning in Perth Australia. Thanks Paul for the super quick shipping. Installed it straightaway and it feels so good. Haven't gone out for a drive yet but here are the pics! The series 1 version does feel slightly thicker. I haven't measured yet but can do so later.

Here is the link to the installation process which I have written up. Full credit to DY8 for the guide on how to remove the steering wheel.

RX8 Club Australia • View topic - Autoexe Steering Wheel

Cheers!


Jay
Jay,

Glad you are pleased. That is my main objective .

Paul.
Mazmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:37 AM   #100
New Member
 
efso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Greece
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazmart View Post
AutoExe has confirmed that the sports steering wheel is thicker (Both models).

Paul.
Thats great news.As soon as i finish with the cx-7 steering wheel retrofit to the FD i am gonna order this bad boy for sure.

PS here is a teaser photo
Attached Thumbnails
Hot New AutoExe Steering Wheel-img_1368.jpg  
efso is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
{ FS } Carbon8's NA Built RX8 For Sale Carbon8 RX-8's For Sale/Wanted 41 04-04-2016 05:05 PM
A parade of symptoms, need help RevMeHarder New Member Forum 5 09-22-2015 07:36 PM
Blown oil seal? WranglerFan New Member Forum 0 09-05-2015 07:24 PM
ABS question stickmantijuana Series I Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension 0 09-04-2015 11:31 PM
{ FS } Mazda rx8 hp with aux|xenon|leather|alarm|bose sound + more! nivong Europe For Sale/Wanted 0 09-02-2015 08:54 AM


Tags
2005, autoexe, club, cx5, enkei, interior, mazda, mazmart, mse137003, rx8, rx8club, sports, steering, tx8, wheel

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 PM.


All content Copyright 2017 by Internet Brands, Inc. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.