Notices
Gulf RX-8 Forum Serving TX, OK, AR, LA, MS

Oklahoma BBQ/Meet's 2012

Old 06-27-2012, 11:07 AM
  #1  
Rotary Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
linuxadickt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Posts: 116
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK Oklahoma BBQ/Meet's 2012

hey all, i hope everyone is doing well in the new year. Finally got the T2 running and a bit of a base tune going! BOOOSTTT

Just wanting to get some word about when in august would be best for the next meet - Thinking Aug 4th so we can do Cars & coffee in the morning and then head to the meet.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/420257441323873/ - go there and join. ill have the info posted about the BBQ once we find out about what's going on. bring your cars, and yourselves and bring something to eat. If you'd chime in and let me know on FB or on here, or text me 405-473-5912 and let me know if you're coming & what you can bring so i know what all is going on and what needs to be brought for food.

Let me know if you have any questions, there'll be Rx7's and Rx8's all welcome.

Please Join the Facebook Group and we'll all start compiling there also! Let me know if you have any questions, thanks guys!
linuxadickt is offline  
Old 06-27-2012, 12:05 PM
  #2  
Rotary Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
linuxadickt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Posts: 116
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK Day UPdate!

Originally Posted by linuxadickt View Post
hey all, i hope everyone is doing well in the new year. Finally got the T2 running and a bit of a base tune going! BOOOSTTT

Just wanting to get some word about when in august would be best for the next meet - Thinking Aug 4th so we can do Cars & coffee in the morning and then head to the meet.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/420257441323873/ - go there and join. ill have the info posted about the BBQ once we find out about what's going on. bring your cars, and yourselves and bring something to eat. If you'd chime in and let me know on FB or on here, or text me 405-473-5912 and let me know if you're coming & what you can bring so i know what all is going on and what needs to be brought for food.

Let me know if you have any questions, there'll be Rx7's and Rx8's all welcome.

Please Join the Facebook Group and we'll all start compiling there also! Let me know if you have any questions, thanks guys!



So the 4th is out! thinking more so the 11th of august on saturday. And thinking here at will rogers park

http://i46.tinypic.com/2w3uvxw.png

Chime in if you have any ideas/ questions -
linuxadickt is offline  
Old 07-23-2012, 10:37 AM
  #3  
Rotary Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
linuxadickt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Posts: 116
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK

Originally Posted by linuxadickt View Post
So the 4th is out! thinking more so the 11th of august on saturday. And thinking here at will rogers park

http://i46.tinypic.com/2w3uvxw.png

Chime in if you have any ideas/ questions -

August 11th it is at will rogers 11:30ish to whenever - afterwards we may cruise to pops in arcadia
linuxadickt is offline  
Old 08-13-2012, 11:44 AM
  #4  
Rotary Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
linuxadickt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Posts: 116
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK Bbq #3!

here's the pics from the bbq! - A few highlights posted! - Thanks to all who came! if you're not a part of the group yet - please join!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/420257441323873/

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1939845&type=1

















linuxadickt is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 04:26 PM
  #5  
Rotary Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
linuxadickt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Posts: 116
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK Oct BBQ/Meet!

Looks like Oct 6th is when the next meet will be so far. Should be something like meet at pops! - not sure on details yet, or if this will be the certain date, but i'll update when all is decided!







-------
Always be sure to join the group if you have not yet!
Oklahoma Rotary Enthusiasts!
linuxadickt is offline  
Old 08-21-2012, 11:50 AM
  #6  
Rotary Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
linuxadickt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Posts: 116
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK Pops is out! Meet #5

So Pops is out i believe because i contacted their GM to see if we could reserve some spots in the back lot - and he said they have a poker run that day along with somthing else and they cant reserve spots on weekends. So i'm thinking the original idea of lake hefener may be the deal. once the poll for the day is over (i'll be probly ending this friday, so far OCT 6th is winning) we'll vote on a place



Hefener area


Originally Posted by linuxadickt View Post
Looks like Oct 6th is when the next meet will be so far. Should be something like meet at pops! - not sure on details yet, or if this will be the certain date, but i'll update when all is decided!


-------
Always be sure to join the group if you have not yet!
Oklahoma Rotary Enthusiasts!
linuxadickt is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 08:06 AM
  #7  
Rotary Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
linuxadickt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Posts: 116
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK BBQ Update

So Oct 6th won- and looks like 2PM is when it'll be, and at lake hefener on the east side of the lake. Off Hefener road and Old lakeshore/Lakeshore



Originally Posted by linuxadickt View Post
So Pops is out i believe because i contacted their GM to see if we could reserve some spots in the back lot - and he said they have a poker run that day along with somthing else and they cant reserve spots on weekends. So i'm thinking the original idea of lake hefener may be the deal. once the poll for the day is over (i'll be probly ending this friday, so far OCT 6th is winning) we'll vote on a place
linuxadickt is offline  
Old 09-19-2012, 09:00 AM
  #8  
Rotary Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
linuxadickt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Posts: 116
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK Almost BBQ TIME!

Originally Posted by linuxadickt View Post
So Oct 6th won- and looks like 2PM is when it'll be, and at lake hefener on the east side of the lake. Off Hefener road and Old lakeshore/Lakeshore



Gonna be october 6th 2pm!
also if you would come to cars and coffee and meet up with us at 7:30am we'll all park together then later that day have some bbq time!

https://www.facebook.com/events/148598315279847/
linuxadickt is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 10:35 AM
  #9  
Rotary Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
linuxadickt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Posts: 116
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by linuxadickt View Post
This is where its happenin'! also that morning cars and coffee! Meet up with us there at 7:30am and park with the rotorheads
https://www.facebook.com/events/148598315279847/

then come around 2PM to the park and have a bbq with us and hang out, get some pics taken


SCRATCH THE PLACE. ITS TBA. Weather has us rained out and this place isnt great for rain/wind/cold. Text me if you have any questions/need updates to the place where we're gonna be 405-473-5912 (Dont know yet ). HOWEVER CARS & COFFEE Is still oN!
linuxadickt is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 01:59 PM
  #10  
Rotary Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
linuxadickt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Posts: 116
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*Update* Hit me up if you have a vote

linuxadickt is offline  
Old 10-05-2012, 08:06 AM
  #11  
Rotary Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
linuxadickt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Posts: 116
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
okay looks like we all definitely agree, Too cold/windy to be outside for a bbq summer IS gone dammit. But thank god for turbo weather - SO Decision by vote of Kyle and i (and Kelsey if you count the exception "no JOes") we're gonna do Hideaway pizza. laid back place, good parking (See PIc)

So 2PM! - Text me (405-473-5912) if you want to hang out after cars & coffee, i think Shorty and i are gonna hang out at my place until heading up to the pizza place

linuxadickt is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 09:18 AM
  #12  
Rotary Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
linuxadickt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Posts: 116
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK Oklahoma Rotary Stickers!

Got first run of stickers done! Let me know if you're interested. have Black, Red, Silver left! going quick tho!
They're $3.50 each!




Last edited by linuxadickt; 10-31-2012 at 09:31 AM.
linuxadickt is offline  
Old 11-27-2012, 01:37 PM
  #13  
Rotary Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
linuxadickt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Posts: 116
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Next meet is Saturday Dec 1st! 1PM 309 Westland drive @ K&C Auto. Going to meet up at cars & coffee prior to that around 7:30am penn & memorial at starbucks! be there! also getting more stickers made up. Silver, white, red, pink!
linuxadickt is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 04:02 PM
  #14  
Rotary Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
linuxadickt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Posts: 116
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went super great! thanks to all! short up date.
this tread will have to die soon. next will just be okc bbq's so i dont have to keep making anew one each year lolz. STILL HAVE DECALS FOR EVERYONE THAT WANTS THEM! HIT ME UP







linuxadickt is offline  
Old 01-18-2013, 09:26 AM
  #15  
Rotary Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
linuxadickt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Posts: 116
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm archiving this thread because for some readson i put a year on it. i'm making a new one called Just Oklahoma Rotary BBQ/Meet's

Oklahoma Rotary BBQ/Meet's! - RX8Club.com
linuxadickt is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Nisaja
New Member Forum
11
04-14-2019 08:04 AM
Carbon8
RX-8's For Sale/Wanted
41
04-04-2016 04:05 PM
ShellDude
RX-8 Parts For Sale/Wanted
5
10-01-2015 09:55 PM
Hunter of Gunmen
New Member Forum
5
09-21-2015 06:27 PM
Frosty8
New Member Forum
2
09-11-2015 10:27 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Oklahoma BBQ/Meet's 2012


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.