Notices
Canada Forum For our friends up North, eh!

What is the best winter beater?

Old 03-11-2008, 05:10 PM
  #26  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto ON
Posts: 600
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Put better snow tires on your RX-8 (read my message in your other thread). The RX-8 is not horrible in the snow as long as it has enough traction to work with, something the Pirelli Snowsports will never afford you.

If you want a good winter beater, get a Civic. They understeer so much you can drive like an idiot ricer and nothing will ever happen other than you understeering into a snow bank.
climacus is offline  
Old 03-11-2008, 11:04 PM
  #27  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 476
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by climacus View Post
Put better snow tires on your RX-8 (read my message in your other thread). The RX-8 is not horrible in the snow as long as it has enough traction to work with, something the Pirelli Snowsports will never afford you.

If you want a good winter beater, get a Civic. They understeer so much you can drive like an idiot ricer and nothing will ever happen other than you understeering into a snow bank.
I wonder why the Pirelli's are that bad?

Last edited by ChristInBen; 03-11-2008 at 11:08 PM.
ChristInBen is offline  
Old 03-11-2008, 11:48 PM
  #28  
Booost.
iTrader: (1)
 
TurboEight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Markham/Richmond Hill/Toronto
Posts: 1,099
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how are the maintance with the subbys?

more so then a civic corolla ?
TurboEight is offline  
Old 03-12-2008, 12:27 AM
  #29  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 179
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TurboEight View Post
how are the maintance with the subbys?

more so then a civic corolla ?
I have a 2006 Saab 92x as my "winter vehicle". (its a subaru in saab drag). I use it to go to the mountains.

Maintenance is fairly cheap. There is a 48k maintenance that is about 200-300 bucks and another one at 96k that is about 400-500. Running a subaru is dirt cheap and they are extremely reliable.

AWD + Snow tires FTW
hippak is offline  
Old 03-12-2008, 09:43 AM
  #30  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 476
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hippak View Post
I have a 2006 Saab 92x as my "winter vehicle". (its a subaru in saab drag). I use it to go to the mountains.

Maintenance is fairly cheap. There is a 48k maintenance that is about 200-300 bucks and another one at 96k that is about 400-500. Running a subaru is dirt cheap and they are extremely reliable.

AWD + Snow tires FTW
I would love to get a late 90's Subaru Impreza for a winter beater, (I dunno if they are all 4WD) but to find one for a good price in good condition is the hard part.
ChristInBen is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Rx8 VA Guy
RX-8 Parts For Sale/Wanted
7
06-04-2016 12:42 AM
projectr13b
RX-8 Racing
20
05-14-2016 06:25 PM
New_Mazda_Guy
NW RX-8 Forum
13
03-09-2016 07:40 PM
theblinkof
Series I Trouble Shooting
28
01-25-2016 04:08 AM
OnebaddRx8
RX-8 Parts For Sale/Wanted
5
10-17-2015 10:05 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What is the best winter beater?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.