Notices
West RX-8 Forum Serving CA, NV, AZ, HI

San Bernardino Meet Calendar

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 03:06 AM
SS9 best fc trophy winner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
keith.... if possible, i was thinking maybe 1-2ish .....but whatever time is good for you, what do you think about taking pics of my car in front of orange groves? i think that would be bitchen, and all the orange groves are only a few miles from my house...... i pm'ed you my phone #.......so if you get a chance, go ahead and call me, that way we can figure everything out! thanx
Old 12-28-2005, 05:06 AM
IstanbulNotConstantinople

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keith -
I like the borders. I think someone (Snow???) suggested using the color of the car as the border. When you have a chance, try mine or speeds w/ the thumbnails bordered in yellow.

I agree w/ Jedi. It'd be nice to have a variety on location of the thumbnail shots.

If someone is really excited about their interior, maybe they can take a inside shot as their main pic.

Like this.

Or like this. (not our car, but you get the idea.

I should be out of the house by 5:45am. If you're planning on meeting me, call.
I don't mind going Wednesday and Thursday if you can't make tomorrow. If I can't stay long enough tomorrow for the sunrise shots, I'll plan on going into work a little later on Thursday so I can make it. Like I said, I need to leave Crestline area at 6:30 to get to work on time.
I'll be in Vegas Thurs night-Mon so I have to have them done by Thursday afternoon.

- Cesar -

*yawn* going back to bed for 2 hours.

Last edited by FastRX8; 12-28-2005 at 05:12 AM.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:54 AM

sorry guys i haven't been in this convo at all. been really busy these past few days and what not. lotsa reading i did just now too for this one thread. I also am one for the idea of the thumbnails being pix of our mods, and the center pic being a pic of just the car. I was thinking that for the cover pic on the calendar we can get all of us together and have a group pic as has been stated previously (don't remember if it was this thread or the san berdoo thread). I also think that a nice action shot (like a burnout or just driving along the freeway) would add more to a pic (like pic #3 on post #19).

jedi: i really liked that one pic you have of my interior! bitchen pic .

keith: one of my fav pix of my car so far is the 2nd one on post #8. I like how it just captures just the right front fender along with the rim in the fore ground, and then the whole valley in the backgroung. i like how you did my SN font and font color in the lower left hand corner of the first pic in post #75. you also have all the pix of my car i have taken w/my digital camera when i emailed them to you a while back. all the other pix i have of my car have been posted here on the forums. Also, on thursday, so far i do not have anything planned (although impromptu events are frequent), i would like to hit up that sunset spot so i can have more pix of my car (or you can let me know where it's at so i can go take pix myself).

KC and Ceasar: i really like your B&W with car still in color pix that were taken. the B&W makes the yellow of your guys' cars stand out phenomenaly. I think the same would go for zoo tender and lesper4 as red would get the same/similar effect.

I still have to go through my pix and see what i have from everybody that i will post as my suggestions. Though, i'm not the PS super skilled dude here, i think i'll leave that to keith, Casey, and Loren for their imaginations and/or our suggestions to come up w/stuff

hahahahah......i like copy-paste. works so well when reviewing this thread from where i've started from making comments from all kinds of different pages .
Old 12-28-2005, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Received 2,637 Likes on 1,887 Posts
xrider: Do you ever sleep?

Posting @ 4:54 am...damn man, that's commitment to your fellow RX-8 friends!

I'll email you that pic of your interior when I get home tonight.
PM me with where you want it sent.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:50 AM

lol.....i do sleep, just not a lot....i have sleeping problems (getting to sleep at least) . but when i do sleep, i sleep .

i already saved the pic onto my comp, but if you want to send me the original, my email is already in my siggy, just add @gmail.com
Old 12-28-2005, 03:21 PM
thats what she said

Originally Posted by kwescott
Krazie...I need some feedback on this...or some more pics that you would like to subsistute.
Keith I like I like that shot, but i would like to (if it is possible) to make the big picture ALL color, so that the view of the city will be in color as well.

as for the thumbnail pics, i'll get some different ones.

thanks
Old 12-28-2005, 03:49 PM
thats what she said

or maybe can we use this pic as the main pic?

Old 12-28-2005, 03:50 PM
Administrator

Received 2,637 Likes on 1,887 Posts
^^^

Nice pic!
Old 12-28-2005, 06:36 PM
T-29 years and counting

Well no car today but it should be tomorrow. I did some scouting instead, the pictures would look better at night becasue of the lighting except for the train yard. The fuel refinery with the open flame is no more but i am yet to see what we can take at the facotry in fontana near the new Arco. You can also get a close shot down nearr teh track of pepper but you have to drive on a dirt road. ?

Keith here is one to get you started

NOT I XRIDER
Attached Thumbnails San Bernardino Meet Calendar-100_0102.jpg   San Bernardino Meet Calendar-100_0103.jpg   San Bernardino Meet Calendar-100_0106.jpg   San Bernardino Meet Calendar-kraziecalendar14-cs.jpg  

Last edited by lesper4; 12-28-2005 at 07:00 PM.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:44 PM

so are we still doing the photo thing tonight?
Old 12-28-2005, 07:13 PM
thats what she said

Originally Posted by xrider01
so are we still doing the photo thing tonight?
no, not tonight, because lesper does not have his car back.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:15 PM
thats what she said

so, i was sitting at work, and the clouds were all colorful.

do you think this one is better for a main picture?
Attached Thumbnails San Bernardino Meet Calendar-dscn0616.jpg  
Old 12-28-2005, 07:28 PM
mas than meets the ojo

Orange you Viper

Keith and I met up with Jesse today for a photo shoot in the Orange fields. Viper, Keith wants to know which of these pics you like, which one's you would like as your center pic. We'll need to shoot it over to Loren so he can make them black and white.
Attached Thumbnails San Bernardino Meet Calendar-viper-1.jpg   San Bernardino Meet Calendar-viper2.jpg   San Bernardino Meet Calendar-viper3.jpg   San Bernardino Meet Calendar-viper4.jpg   San Bernardino Meet Calendar-viper5.jpg  

Old 12-28-2005, 07:30 PM
mas than meets the ojo

2nd set

I'm really happy with how some of the action shots turned out. I think they may be worthy of posting as thumbnails....what do you think?
Attached Thumbnails San Bernardino Meet Calendar-viper6.jpg   San Bernardino Meet Calendar-viper7.jpg   San Bernardino Meet Calendar-viper8.jpg   San Bernardino Meet Calendar-viper9.jpg   San Bernardino Meet Calendar-viper10.jpg  

Old 12-28-2005, 07:31 PM
mas than meets the ojo

last set

We had more than 80 pics to sort through from the photoshoot...we tried to post at least one from each group of shots (based on angles and lighting).
Attached Thumbnails San Bernardino Meet Calendar-viper11.jpg   San Bernardino Meet Calendar-viper12.jpg   San Bernardino Meet Calendar-viper13.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: San Bernardino Meet Calendar