12-01-2003, 04:22 AM
Join Date: Mar 2003
1. Are the rotors or any other block components different between the 4 and 6 port engines? (I know the end housings are different being 4 and 6 port) but are the rotors the same weight, gearing, and compression?
Rotors and blocks are the same I think, but the low power doesnt have the ectra ports etc cut or the support hardware.
2. Rev limit is lower for the 4 port - is this because they don't make as much power up top? I think the 6 port has a 9400rpm limiter? what about the 4port?
REv limiter is lower because it doesnt have the extra ports. The exrta ports are what allows the engine to breath enough to rev higher. That and the other hardware (3rd injector etc).
3. Do both engines work off a crank angle sensor like the FD engine?
4. I know that the inlet manifold is different for the 6 port - i.e. I am assuming there are two completely different intake manifolds for both engines?
Yes. The Hi-power has an N-DIAS air intake system utilizing hermholtz tuning etc. theres the ettra ports and variable resonance air intake etc.
5. Fuel systems different between the two?
Yes, the hi-power has an extra fuel injector.
6. Any differences in the ECU's?
I doubt theres any physical difference, but will be running different code.
7. I believe it is a fly-by-wire accelerator?
8. Anyone know injector sizes and flow rates?
I think they were posted, and the high power injectors have adequate headroom for a decent mount of modding.
Dont get the though of turning the lo-power car into a hi-power car, it wont happen, and as there is only £2k difference (for which you get a 6speed gearbox, Xenon headlights and alloy pedal set) why would you want to, it will certainly cost you more than the difference.
As to adding more HP, if done via a turbo it seems the 4 port version is just as good to turbo as the 6 port.
- Cloth seats