Notices

Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 09:33 PM
mas than meets the ojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White

Finally found the pieces that I liked, and got the parts at reasonable prices through vendors and other members on this forum. Thanks to Show'n Drift and DPM...and to M1 autobody in El Monte. M1 was a little pricey, but they do a lot of high end vehicles, and they guaranteed my car by 7-stock. It was my first experience that went well with a body shop. I would definately recommend them to anyone. Paint matches perfectly, and they did a lot of work to make the kit fit perfectly.

Here' some various pics that will show various angles of the Tsunami front bumper, Ings+1 side skirts and Ings+1 rear.

The Tsunami replaces the front bumper, utilizing all factory fasteners. No side markers on this one, which makes it stand out from the rest of the kits, especially the Ings+1 front which has similar styling elements. I also had the front rebar painted black to help hide it, since a portion of it was evident through the center opening.

The sides fit well, there were a couple of areas where it did not match up with the rear and front fenders, so additional material was added to these areas (you'll notice grey tape in these areas on the pics).

The rears fit well. M1 did an excellent job of making this rear peice two tones...keeping the factory look of the rear coloring on the bumper. I have the HKS exhaust, and you can see how it fits inside the new rear sections (which basically replace the stock exhaust shrouds).

Hope you enjoy the pics..and please post any questions or comments that may assist others in the selection of body kit pieces for their rides. Postive and negtaive comments, as well as your experience with these peices are all welcome.

Last edited by SnowFl8k; 10-09-2005 at 10:04 PM.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:43 PM
mas than meets the ojo

Some pre-installation pics

Here's what my 8 looked like prior to the installation of the parts. These may help for those who want to see the before & after....
Attached Thumbnails Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White-post1.jpg   Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White-post2.jpg   Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White-post3.jpg   Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White-post4.jpg   Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White-post5.jpg  

Old 10-09-2005, 09:49 PM
mas than meets the ojo

some shop pics

Here are some shots while it was at M1. Notice the front bumper when the rebar was still white...would have looked like a big tooth if I hadn't painted it white.
Attached Thumbnails Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White-post6.jpg   Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White-shop2.jpg   Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White-shop1.jpg   Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White-shop3.jpg   Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White-shop4.jpg  

Old 10-09-2005, 09:50 PM
mas than meets the ojo

first set of "after"/installed shots

pics from the rear, showing the side skirts and rear. Notice the clearance from the ground, as well as how the Ings+1 sides match up with the bottom edge of the Tsunami front. Matches pretty well.
Attached Thumbnails Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White-1.jpg   Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White-2.jpg   Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White-3.jpg   Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White-4.jpg   Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White-5.jpg  

Last edited by SnowFl8k; 10-09-2005 at 09:54 PM.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:51 PM
mas than meets the ojo

2nd set of installed pics

some front shots showing the aggressive front bumper. Pic 4 gives you a good idea of how much the front bumper protrudes. Very similar to stock..and less than the Ings+1 front (if any of you have seen this in person)...
Attached Thumbnails Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White-6.jpg   Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White-7.jpg   Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White-8.jpg   Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White-9.jpg   Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White-10.jpg  

Last edited by SnowFl8k; 10-09-2005 at 09:55 PM.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:52 PM
mas than meets the ojo

3rd set

Pic 1...yup, no side markers. The Tsunami front comes like this. I wasn't even aware of this until after I picked up my car and noticed that my clear corners were in the pile of parts to take home. Didn't think I would like it at first, but now I am really in love with the look. Pic 2 and 3 show the ground clearance for the front bumper. Haven't measured it, but it is lower than the stock (non-appearance lip height). I would assume it is very similar to the clearance on the appearance package lip. Parked right next to a stock 8 with the MS front bumper, the Tsunami is higher.
Attached Thumbnails Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White-11.jpg   Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White-12.jpg   Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White-13.jpg   Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White-14.jpg   Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White-16.jpg  

Last edited by SnowFl8k; 10-09-2005 at 10:07 PM.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:52 PM
mas than meets the ojo

last set

close-ups on the rear peice. You can see how M1 matched the greyish-black color of the stock bumper so that the Ings piece looks stock. I've seen some Ings rears that have been painted completely and didn't like the look for my car. I like how I was able to keep the rotory accent in the rear as well. Big plus for me.

Thanks for looking. Hope this helps someone.
Attached Thumbnails Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White-17.jpg   Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White-18.jpg   Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White-19.jpg   Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White-20.jpg   Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White-15-m1.jpg  

Last edited by SnowFl8k; 10-09-2005 at 10:01 PM.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:17 PM
Bubblicious? DEF.

niceee. i really liek the tsunami front.. the only things i dont liek. no clear corners and it kinda makes the car look raise.. the front makes ther car seem high and need some sprigns to drop it....
Old 10-09-2005, 10:24 PM
^A Drivin' Mofo^

Your car looks good. The white always stands out, especially in person......and when you put any sort of body kit on it it REALLY stands out. I vote for removal of the windshield decal......but other than that.........good stuff. I personally prefer the Mazdaspeed kit, but that's just my style. Anyway, congrats on your new kit.........I can tell you're certainly excited about it!
Old 10-09-2005, 10:32 PM
Bigus Rotus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's real sweet - nice job
Old 10-09-2005, 10:45 PM
The 8 is back

Awesome photos, Great to finally see another 8 on the forums with our kit.

Vince
Old 10-09-2005, 11:07 PM

very clean, very nice! what wheels are you lookin at if/when you trade up?
Old 10-09-2005, 11:14 PM
Just call me Circle

I didn't even notice the painted rebar at seven stock!
Soooo clean! I love the combination you used to put it together. Great taste.
I also see a need to drop the car. Lots of wheel well clearance. But even as it is, it's still super sexy.

And no. The windshield decal will NOT be removed. Thanks.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:28 PM
ROTORLUTION Chick

Those are some awesome pic's of your car. The kit turned out really nice. One of my favorite parts is that there are no clear corners. I always like to see new and DIFFERNT things coming out for the 8's . So nice job and I can't wait to see more moods.

OH YEAH THE BEST THING IS THE BANNER :D
Old 10-09-2005, 11:46 PM
Boost needed

Saw the car at sevenstock, it was really nice even though i'm not a big fan of the tsunami kit it turned out a lot cleaner than I originally though. The body shop seem like they did a great job making everything fit perfectly. thumbs up

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tsunami front & Ings sides/rear on White