Notices
Series I Do It Yourself Forum Wanna save some coin or time/money in the shop? Read up on Do-It-Yourself custom mods and repairs & post your own here.

DIY: Installing Rotary Accents

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 11:53 AM
~~> Next 10 miles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rotary Accents

I did not purchase these with my car, and would like to add them myself. Has anyone done this, and if so - do the instructions (if any) clearly show how to do it? Or if anyone would be so kind as to post a DIY...I like to see this stuff in print before I decide to purchase the item, being as I am tool-illiterate.

Also, I apologize in advance if this is meant to be posted in the tech forum itself
Old 05-02-2004, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
There is literally nothing to it. Once you get the accents...
  • clean where they are going to mount with rubbing alcohol
  • treat the area with the supplied primer
  • peel the backing off the included, pre-mounted 2 sided tape
  • stick 'em in place
  • poke the little included plastic pins through the pre-drilled holes (front accent only) and you're done!
Have fun! :D
Old 05-02-2004, 05:27 PM
~~> Next 10 miles

And they wanted to charge me $50 for THAT?!!

Thanks a lot, I'll be ordering those ASAP.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:22 AM
Registered

Removing front rotary symbol...

I decided to replace my dull, faded front rotary symbol with one from RXstrakes.com. The new one is bright and shiny and I couldn't wait to put in on.

I figured this would be relatively easy, but it wasn't. The rotary symbol on my car appeared to be attached with some very tiny, slot head screws. Well, finding a way to get those screws turned, with their heads turned to the inside of the V proved challenging, but eventually I got both of them turning. Problem was, regardless of how much I turned them, they refused to come out.

I started looking carefully and how the symbol is attached and pulled down slightly on it. This unhooked it from underside of the grill opening. After doing that, I was able to tilt the top part of the V slightly towards me and could see that the screws in question had the tiniest nuts I have ever seen on their backsides. Now I know why they would not just screw out!

Anyhow, the screws are luckily pretty short. I was able to pry the symbol away from the black plastic that it mounts on. Afterwards, I just wiggled the other side out as well. I cleaned up the residue left from the sticky mounting tape on the original V and put my shine new V on. I decided to forgoe the screws that came with the new V. That sticky tape seems very secure and after you put the V back into it's top notches, it seems to be in there nice and snug.

Hope this helps anybody replacing their front V symbol.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:58 PM
I <3 Sushi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Holy Thread Reviving Tap Dancing Christ!
This thing is over 3 years old!

Good information though.