Notices
RX-8 Parts For Sale/Wanted Parts for sale, NO Vendor Ads.
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (US State/Canada/Int):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (US State/Canada/Int):

FS: Cobb AccessPORT for 2005 Mazda RX-8 + MazdaManiac files

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS: Cobb AccessPORT for 2005 Mazda RX-8 + MazdaManiac files

For sale is a barely Cobb AccessPORT flash tuner for a 2005 Mazda RX-8 (not sure if it works with any other model year).

It's not been used much, since I couldn't find a way to mount it in the car without ghetto rigging it.

The AP contains baseline tune files from MazdaManiac (Jeff). Basically deletes all environmental related codes, increases idle RPM, and decreases the threshold temperature before the engine fan starts, all the while doing what the base Stage 1 tune files from Cobb already does (increases power to 250HP and torque by 5%).

Firmware not been updated recently, so you may need to do that (it's free). I also have the PC client for the AccessPORT, but you can download that directly from Cobb's website.

Asking $550 shipped to within the continental USA.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:39 PM

You know once you uninstall it from your car, MM maps wont work with the next rx8 right? Unless he supports the rest of your subscription of course.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by remixlp
You know once you uninstall it from your car, MM maps wont work with the next rx8 right? Unless he supports the rest of your subscription of course.
They're the baseline files. NOT the custom tune files. I never had the time to do all the data logging to use his service. These files come pre-installed with the Cobb when I bought it from hom.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:18 AM
EveryonesFavouritePenguin

If you still have this available, I'd love to take it off your hands for 300 shipped. Let me know if that's cool.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:31 AM
I'll cut ya bitch!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xpingux
If you still have this available, I'd love to take it off your hands for 300 shipped. Let me know if that's cool.
Thats not gonna happen this isn't a regular AP its got custom maps.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Banned

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Base files are my property and are only available for current customers. They offer no power improvement and are for logging only.
Any other use violates copyright.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:55 AM
hakuna matata!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You won't get anywhere near 250HP either, maybe 190.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:00 AM
STiMPACK

you do know that you can get a brand new cobb for $495 right
Old 02-08-2010, 10:01 AM
STiMPACK

Originally Posted by alz0rz
You won't get anywhere near 250HP either, maybe 190.
250HP on the cobb dyno
Old 02-08-2010, 10:36 AM
No respecter of malarkey

Received 2,009 Likes on 1,638 Posts
Originally Posted by MazdaManiac
Base files are my property and are only available for current customers. They offer no power improvement and are for logging only.
Any other use violates copyright.
Which federal laws are we supposed to follow and which ones shall we choose to break?
Old 02-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Banned

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by TeamRX8
Which federal laws are we supposed to follow and which ones shall we choose to break?
Follow the ones that protect private enterprise and commerce and ignore the ones that enforce Federal mandate and taxation.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:01 PM
hakuna matata!

lol
Old 02-08-2010, 03:19 PM
No respecter of malarkey

Originally Posted by MazdaManiac
Follow the ones that protect private enterprise and commerce and ignore the ones that enforce Federal mandate and taxation.
Good luck separating those apart because it's well proven that either side will put their own interests above anything/one else, but it was just
Old 02-08-2010, 03:21 PM
I zoom therefore I am.

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
baring mental defect either side of a position will put their interest above anything else... that's why it's called "their interest"
Old 02-08-2010, 03:30 PM
Owner of BHR

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Laythor, I think you just helped me have an epiphany; for too long I have been placing our customers' interests above BHR's, even when it causes us to lose money, and that may be where my $$$$$$ has been going all this time.

****!

Gimme that classified employment section of the newspaper, will ya?
Old 02-08-2010, 03:35 PM
I zoom therefore I am.

in this case, sir, your interest is the well being of your customer. So your interest is still being put above anything else. People mistakenly think that someone's best interest must be self centered when in many cases it is not.

An analogy would be:

There are two people. Both people have 1000 dollars. Person A derives more satisfaction from keeping the money for himself. Person B derives his highest satisfaction from giving that money to others. Person A might look upon person B as being silly with his money while person B might view person A as a person with no conscience. In fact both people are doing the same thing for themselves, deriving the most satisfaction from a given circumstance.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Owner of BHR

It was a JOKE, Dood!

Don't worry, BHR will still take care of you and everybody else as we always have. Maybe even better as time goes by and the team continues our coalescence.

See ya in SoCal next month.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:49 PM
No respecter of malarkey

Let me put it this way; protect my (not me personally) money, f-ck the future critical resources or personal health

that's how we end up with federal mandates and taxation

were bumping the h3ll out of this thread
Old 02-08-2010, 03:54 PM
I zoom therefore I am.

Originally Posted by Charles R. Hill
It was a JOKE, Dood!

Don't worry, BHR will still take care of you and everybody else as we always have. Maybe even better as time goes by and the team continues our coalescence.

See ya in SoCal next month.
lol... sir, you have yet to come to terms with the breath and width of my sarcasm ;-)
Old 02-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Owner of BHR

Major thread-jack here;

With that attitude, Team, how do you justify driving the RX-8 (or any rotary-powered vehicle), and (even WORSE) racing the God-damned thing?

How about outlawing all forms of racing since it is not necessary to the existence of man? How about outlawing anything that is simply of entertainment value under the guise that they are not crucial to our existence, use up "limited" resources, and people often incur injury while doing so?
Old 02-08-2010, 03:58 PM
Owner of BHR

Originally Posted by laythor
lol... sir, you have yet to come to terms with the breath and width of my sarcasm ;-)
Sure I have.

It's "how I roll!"
Old 02-08-2010, 04:34 PM
hakuna matata!

I copied and pasted this into a notepad file.. not sure where I got it from.. but:

Global warming theorists would have us believe that the 8 billion watts of energy poured out on the Earth by the sun EVERY second doesn't cause temperature change, but an SUV idling in upstate New York will.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:41 PM
No respecter of malarkey

Originally Posted by Charles R. Hill
Major thread-jack here;

With that attitude, Team, how do you justify driving the RX-8 (or any rotary-powered vehicle), and (even WORSE) racing the God-damned thing?

How about outlawing all forms of racing since it is not necessary to the existence of man? How about outlawing anything that is simply of entertainment value under the guise that they are not crucial to our existence, use up "limited" resources, and people often incur injury while doing so?

You mean like how we can't just club a woman over the head and drag her off for our own personal use anymore? Sadly, what you describe will ultimately occur some day. It's a reality of our proven history. I justify racing because at this time in history I'm permitted to do so. I further justify it by purchasing a $1000 cat converter that will support up to 400 hp that will cover me for future plans even though that particular device isn't presently required in that class.

Back at you, how do you justify intentionally selling emissions defeating products that are illegal for street use when you not only know that's what's intended, you even encourage doing so?
Old 02-08-2010, 04:52 PM
Owner of BHR

Originally Posted by TeamRX8
You mean like how we can't just club a woman over the head and drag her off for our own personal use anymore? Sadly, what you describe will ultimately occur some day. It's a reality of our proven history. I justify racing because at this time in history I'm permitted to do so. I further justify it by purchasing a $1000 cat converter that will support up to 400 hp that will cover me for future plans even though that particular device isn't presently required in that class.

Back at you, how do you justify intentionally selling emissions defeating products that are illegal for street use when you not only know that's what's intended, you even encourage doing so?
Because some of us go catless we are going to return to a less-sophisticated part of human history? If this were true then we can blame the rotary engine for all of humanity's other failings, as well. Perhaps you would be better off driving a Prius. BTW, I get passed on the freeway by drivers of those cars all the time. So much for concern over energy conservation and the environment.

Instead of waiting for all of us to suffer under legislation, why don't you lead by example? Perhaps your hero is Al Gore, he and you seem to have a lot in common these days.

I was recently wondering how people like you, who have such a dim view of their fellow man (and who typically carry an air of condescension and arrogance about them) get through life each day. Care to help me understand this? You are so much smarter than the rest of us but feel compelled to lecture us from high-above about what idiots we all are. Is this the best you can do in life, Team? To lecture the ignorant masses? Why not take your message to a much more educated audience and see what totalitarian legislation you can get passed upon the rest of us.

I really gotta wonder how humanity has made it this far without input and control from people like you.

Thank you for saving us from ourselves.

Last edited by Charles R. Hill; 02-08-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:56 PM
100% baller (finally!)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS: Cobb AccessPORT for 2005 Mazda RX-8 + MazdaManiac files