Notices
RX-8 Parts For Sale/Wanted Parts for sale, NO Vendor Ads.
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (US State/Canada/Int):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (US State/Canada/Int):

{ FS } Feeler Complete R3 interior Seats and doors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Category: Interior
Price: $3000
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part Fits (you may select multiples): Series II
Location (US State/Canada/Int): KS
Item Condition: Used

Originally Posted by Bheesham
thinking about the front bumper for a project, how much?
Not really worth Shipping....
Old 07-19-2012, 07:54 PM
Registered

still interested, I will pay the shipping!
Old 07-20-2012, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Bheesham
still interested, I will pay the shipping!
Sorry, You don't understand. It's not the cost of shipping, it's the time invested on the Junkyards part that isn't worth the effort. Unless you are in the middle of Missouri, and happen to drop by, it's not worth their time to do anything with a cracked up body part. More than once I've had a junkyard to refuse to ship body parts that were damaged, because of the large risk on a minuscule sale.

Think of it from their end:
They have to spend 10 minutes on the phone with you, send you a dozen pictures, answer a dozen questions. They need to remove the bumper, they need to source a box large enough to ship it in. Package it, insure it, Ship it. They certainly are NOT going to take it to Greyhound for the low buck shipping cost. Then they have a larger risk with a already damaged part that you will not like it when you see it, and demand your money back..

Even if you pay the $150 of shipping cost, what would be a reasonable charge for all their efforts? $50? $100? They wouldn't feel right charging that kind of money for an unusable part, and you probably don't want to pay $200 or more out of pocket for a project. piece...

Ultimately they have been down this road before, and it rarely plays out to the advantage of anyone.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:21 AM
Registered

ok thanks anyways, i just wanted them to remove it and ship, not all that stuff u said about insure and talk on the phone and stuff, but its cool, thanks for the help!
Old 07-20-2012, 10:04 AM
Registered

Just curious, how did you find out about/track down this R3? Also curious as to what they let the wheels go for.

Feel free to respond via PM if you'd like. Thanks.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:46 AM
#225 of 1000

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Corso
Just curious, how did you find out about/track down this R3? Also curious as to what they let the wheels go for.

Feel free to respond via PM if you'd like. Thanks.
+1 i need to find a S2 in my area.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Price of these is WAY too high. The condition of these seats is far below mint. I would say fair to good at best. There is a lot of wrinkling on the leather and there seems to be a stain on the passenger seat.

Someone just sold a set of 4 recaro sets for $1900 and they were in mint condition compared to these. Gonna need a lot of GLWS for this one.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by USAFPilot11
Price of these is WAY too high. The condition of these seats is far below mint. I would say fair to good at best. There is a lot of wrinkling on the leather and there seems to be a stain on the passenger seat.

Someone just sold a set of 4 recaro sets for $1900 and they were in mint condition compared to these. Gonna need a lot of GLWS for this one.
Um yeah. That was me, selling these seats. and $1900 was for all four seats, but no door panels. No stains, just a little Junkyard dirty in the pics above.
And $1900 was probably a bit cheap, as I had multiple people trying to buy them at the same time.

Thread can be closed. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hopefully you let the guy who bought them know where you got them. Reading your other post, I was under the assumption they came out of your personal car. Glad I didn't buy them, seeing the actual condition of the leather.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by USAFPilot11
Hopefully you let the guy who bought them know where you got them. Reading your other post, I was under the assumption they came out of your personal car. Glad I didn't buy them, seeing the actual condition of the leather.
I'm slightly offended that you're assuming / insinuating that I've done something wrong or less than above the board.

Additionally you are basing your opinions good and bad off of mere photographs. If you had seen these seats in person, you would have a different opinion. The super closeup of the leather in this thread was taken while the seats were at the junkyard. The seats were dusty at that time over amplifying the leather creases. Once I got the seats, properly cleaned them, and conditioned the leather, the seats looked really really good again.

Please contribute positively, or if you have been slighted, post your grievance specifically.
Richard