Old 02-08-2007, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wishboneracing
PM sent
PM replied.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Renesis_8
If an SUV with winter tires isnt getting anywhere, no one is getting anywhere, what are you gonna get? now... get urself a skidoo.....

try read other parts of the forum, a RWD with snow tires is just as good as any other car, the RX-8 might have less ground clearance, but it'll drive on PLOWED roads just as good as other cars. they key is snow tires, and DONT try driving with stock tires on snow.
It's not like SUV isn't getting anywhere...the back roads here to houses and stuff almost never get plowed. When they do decide to come and plow, the snow is already packed down and impossible to plow.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:26 PM

ttt
Old 02-12-2007, 02:26 PM
road warrior

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You really are hellbent on selling your RX-8 aren't you "RX8junkie"?
Old 02-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Peeping over the fence

He is just a teenager running on impulse power. He can't really help it.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:55 PM
road warrior

Originally Posted by Wilson
I was a teenager not so long ago and I never thought of selling my Celica until my dad made me do it since I was in college and didn't need a car.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by LionZoo
You really are hellbent on selling your RX-8 aren't you "RX8junkie"?
I'm not hellbent on it. I'm quite patient but i'm just simply trying to see what I can get. In a way, this is kind of a feeler, but not really. I love the 8, and I truely don't want to let it go. But weather here has gotten a lot worse. I can't remember the last time I saw the sun come up. It has been wind, grey skies, and snow.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:55 PM

Unhappy

Not really.

Last edited by RX8junkie; 02-14-2007 at 04:40 PM.
Old 02-14-2007, 01:13 AM
road warrior

Originally Posted by RX8junkie
I'm not hellbent on it. I'm quite patient but i'm just simply trying to see what I can get. In a way, this is kind of a feeler, but not really. I love the 8, and I truely don't want to let it go. But weather here has gotten a lot worse. I can't remember the last time I saw the sun come up. It has been wind, grey skies, and snow.
Don't you think it's a bit unreasonable to sell a car simply for some freak weather? That's like me getting rid of my car since snow fell in Malibu a couple weeks ago. Right now you're going through a bad period of lake effect snow, but it will clear up.

Then again, I'm kind of hoping that 8 finds a nice home...
Old 02-14-2007, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by CTrx8
you may want to think about editing that last post. you already had a slim chance of selling it here the way you have been responding and that comment certainly isn't going to help you.
Sorry, but I don't want any more of his negative comments...it's really quite annoying. At the moment, it looks like I'm gonna keep it, but I'm majorly stressed out right now because of school and extracurricular and this. ::Sighs::
Old 02-14-2007, 04:41 PM

Edit: My appoligies for yelling at you, whether you accept them or not, up to you. I'm stressed, school's taking a huge toll on me and I'm running on 3 hours of sleep every night due to homework and extracurricular activities. Plus with my dad gone on vacation for a couple of weeks, I'm in charge of the family for a while. I really don't want to let the 8 go...For now, I'm gonna keep it garaged and at the moment, it's my parents' decision as to what to do with it, it's entirely out of my hands. I'm posting it up here to try to get a good price.
Old 02-14-2007, 07:45 PM

Don't you think it's a bit unreasonable to sell a car simply for some freak weather? That's like me getting rid of my car since snow fell in Malibu a couple weeks ago. Right now you're going through a bad period of lake effect snow, but it will clear up.

Then again, I'm kind of hoping that 8 finds a nice home...
I really do hope it clears up. I miss driving it a lot. Just as a side note, there was a foot of snow on my drive way this morning and the SUV got stuck in it...not fun. I think I might buy an old jeep wrangler for a few hundred and use it as my winter car. I really hope my parents will let me do that. I've cleaned the 8 and left not a speck of salt on it, I even hosed down the underside. She's clean and shiny...and wants to be driven. I hate snow.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really do hope it clears up. I miss driving it a lot. Just as a side note, there was a foot of snow on my drive way this morning and the SUV got stuck in it...not fun.
( I hate snow.
Ha!!!! Whachutalkinbout kid?!! Driving in the snow is the best darn driving there is!! Man, I really miss it. I'm dead serious! When we had a good snowfall in Toronto, I'd be out all freakin night driving around the local industrial park having a BLAST!!

I tell you, get a Subie, go play in the snow, sell me the RX-8, and I'll give it a happy life with plenty of exercise here in sunny Ca. So... Everyone's Happy! (Even mommy!) (she'll think the Subie looks much more sensible than the 8, and she'll be right.) (Well, take the wing off first).

Who's with me on this? I'll give this 8 a good home. Friend, you should be in a Subie. Sell me the 8.

...as per your PM, btw, ref: Post 51 above....
(I'm getting kinda jerked around by this inconsistent young fellow. Anyone else have a newish 8 with these colors? I need these colors for my wife to buy in. Can't wait to get an '8 for my new Cali lifestyle!!! My newborn son will look cool in the back seat!!)

(GT, galaxy or tit. gray or silver. but kinda must be the black/tan inside....prefer 2005 or 6, low miles, very low even better. Will come git. Thanks, Pete.)

PS- I'm just giving this guy a hard time because I want his near-new used car. He's young, he has not yet achieved the great wisdom us old guys have, cut him some slack.
But really, he lives in Kalamazoo - he should get an STi, then he'll LOVE the snow, win some drag races, etc.etc. Yes I know of course an 8 can be driven in the (plowed) snow, and lotsa fun too, but face it an STi is a FAR FAR FAR (FAR) sharper tool for that job, be honest.
Dude, get an STi, sell me the 8. Do it. Do it. Do it. Who's with me????????!

Do it.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:24 AM
road warrior

I will agree that Subaru all wheel drive is amazing in snow (with the correct tires). I used to own an Impreza RS in Ithaca NY and I too would be driving all night when it snowed and covered the road.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by wishboneracing
Ha!!!! Whachutalkinbout kid?!! Driving in the snow is the best darn driving there is!! Man, I really miss it. I'm dead serious! When we had a good snowfall in Toronto, I'd be out all freakin night driving around the local industrial park having a BLAST!!

I tell you, get a Subie, go play in the snow, sell me the RX-8, and I'll give it a happy life with plenty of exercise here in sunny Ca. So... Everyone's Happy! (Even mommy!) (she'll think the Subie looks much more sensible than the 8, and she'll be right.) (Well, take the wing off first).

Who's with me on this? I'll give this 8 a good home. Friend, you should be in a Subie. Sell me the 8.

...as per your PM, btw, ref: Post 51 above....
(I'm getting kinda jerked around by this inconsistent young fellow. Anyone else have a newish 8 with these colors? I need these colors for my wife to buy in. Can't wait to get an '8 for my new Cali lifestyle!!! My newborn son will look cool in the back seat!!)

(GT, galaxy or tit. gray or silver. but kinda must be the black/tan inside....prefer 2005 or 6, low miles, very low even better. Will come git. Thanks, Pete.)

PS- I'm just giving this guy a hard time because I want his near-new used car. He's young, he has not yet achieved the great wisdom us old guys have, cut him some slack.
But really, he lives in Kalamazoo - he should get an STi, then he'll LOVE the snow, win some drag races, etc.etc. Yes I know of course an 8 can be driven in the (plowed) snow, and lotsa fun too, but face it an STi is a FAR FAR FAR (FAR) sharper tool for that job, be honest.
Dude, get an STi, sell me the 8. Do it. Do it. Do it. Who's with me????????!

Do it.
Ahem...please ref the e-mail I sent you...hahaha. You're hard set on trying to get my 8, and I'm sure it'll like it better in Cali than in Kzoo. I'm with you btw. But my rents seem hard set against an STi. I'm gonna work for an Evo though. And btw: I don't race. Straight line is possibly the most boring thing in the world to me. If I wanted straight line power, don't you think I would have gotten a Mustang?? My friend owns a 520whp STi and his brother an EVO, I know how well those things can turn and go through snow as well. I got the 8 for its abilities in comfort and turning ability.

You're also giving me a lower number on my 8 too. Don't even begin to think I'm forgetting about you. I'm trying to work things out to my benefit too.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:39 PM
Screw gas mileage

I will agree that Subaru all wheel drive is amazing in snow (with the correct tires).
the guy i saw in an outback crashed into a tree yesterday might disagree with you
Old 02-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Peeping over the fence

Edit: My appoligies for yelling at you, whether you accept them or not, up to you. I'm stressed, school's taking a huge toll on me and I'm running on 3 hours of sleep every night due to homework and extracurricular activities. Plus with my dad gone on vacation for a couple of weeks, I'm in charge of the family for a while. I really don't want to let the 8 go...For now, I'm gonna keep it garaged and at the moment, it's my parents' decision as to what to do with it, it's entirely out of my hands. I'm posting it up here to try to get a good price.

Your parents bought you a brand new RX-8. You are a lucky kid. You have it a month and already want something else. The parents will have to fork over some more cash. School is so hard.

I stand by my comments. You are spoiled. You have it made in the shade and you don't even know it.

Most of us have to work for the money to buy our cars. We research and decide what we will get, because we know we will be stuck with it for a long time. It must be nice to be in your shoes.

I know you think I am being mean. That is the farthest thing from the truth. I just want you to see the realities of life. If you had to sweat to pay for that car, you would appreciate it a whole lot more. You would be so proud of it and no one could talk you into selling it.

My first car was a 1965 VW Beetle. I bought it used and paid for it with my hard earned money. Dad could afford to buy me a car, but he would never have done that. He wanted me to earn it. I was proud of that car. It was an old piece of junk that I had to work on almost every week, but I thought it was wonderful.

My second car was a new one, and my grandfather took me car shopping. I worked for him and he was willing to co-sign the note. He died in my arms from a heart attack when we were fishing a couple of weeks later. He had put Credit Life on the car note and I never had to pay a note. I would much rather have paid the whole car off and still had him around. So I never felt that car was free. I always thought it was the most expensive car on earth. To this day, I still feel that way.

One day, you will grow up and understand what I mean by these words. The best things in life are the ones you earned. These are the things that make you proud. They give you a sense of accomplishment. That is an awesome feeling. It is a feeling that everyone should get to feel. Here's hoping that you get to feel it too.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:35 PM

Your parents bought you a brand new RX-8. You are a lucky kid. You have it a month and already want something else. The parents will have to fork over some more cash. School is so hard.

I stand by my comments. You are spoiled. You have it made in the shade and you don't even know it.

Most of us have to work for the money to buy our cars. We research and decide what we will get, because we know we will be stuck with it for a long time. It must be nice to be in your shoes.

I know you think I am being mean. That is the farthest thing from the truth. I just want you to see the realities of life. If you had to sweat to pay for that car, you would appreciate it a whole lot more. You would be so proud of it and no one could talk you into selling it.

My first car was a 1965 VW Beetle. I bought it used and paid for it with my hard earned money. Dad could afford to buy me a car, but he would never have done that. He wanted me to earn it. I was proud of that car. It was an old piece of junk that I had to work on almost every week, but I thought it was wonderful.

My second car was a new one, and my grandfather took me car shopping. I worked for him and he was willing to co-sign the note. He died in my arms from a heart attack when we were fishing a couple of weeks later. He had put Credit Life on the car note and I never had to pay a note. I would much rather have paid the whole car off and still had him around. So I never felt that car was free. I always thought it was the most expensive car on earth. To this day, I still feel that way.

One day, you will grow up and understand what I mean by these words. The best things in life are the ones you earned. These are the things that make you proud. They give you a sense of accomplishment. That is an awesome feeling. It is a feeling that everyone should get to feel. Here's hoping that you get to feel it too.
If you think I'm getting this car for jack ****, you're quite wrong. I may not be the one paying for it in dollar bills, but I'm earning it through my school work. Keeping a near perfect 4.0 isn't the easiest thing in the world and having to study for large tests such as the ACT and SAT and expecting at least a 32 on the ACT isn't a walk in the park either.

If you seriously think I want another car, you're also very, very mistaken. Please get that out of your head now. I'm trying anything I can at the moment to try and keep this car yet keep my parents happy. I'll go and buy a winter beater if I have to, no matter how much it costs, and keep my 8.

I'm glad that you worked sweat and blood for your first cars, and truely am sorry about you grandpa. And if you think I'm not, then by god, I don't know what to say to you.

Like you said, the best things in life are the ones that are earned. I earned the RX-8 just like you did, maybe I didn't have to pay for it directly, but I did earn it. Oh, and just like you said, school is hard. It is. I'm an IB student, which is like the most advanced of the high school and only a few schools here in MI offer it, at least that what I remember. We go up against international standards and that's a lot more weight on the shoulders than anything else.

Good day.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:05 PM
RX8 collector...

WOW.

Times have changed if parents expecting a 32 on the ACT = RX8

Don't know who you are trying to fool kid, but a lot of us have been there....I know exactly what you mean as my parents expected the same grades from me, but the reward for me was getting a college scholarship and not having to take out student loans. Now that I graduated college, don't have student loans, and got a great job, I finally earned my reward....my RX8 that I am paying for with the dollars earned by getting that education.

Regardless, we can't blame you too much....maturity isn't a strong point for teenagers. Hopefully your parents will step in eventually to teach you a lesson in real hard work and how to be grateful.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:00 PM
Screw gas mileage

I got over 1400 on the SAT's and all i got was a pat on the back
Old 02-16-2007, 06:54 PM
Peeping over the fence

I rest my case.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:44 PM
Registered

Oh brother. Let's cut the self-righteous lecturing, dude. So he got a car and you didn't. Boo-hoo. Life ain't fair, check the manual.

Last edited by wishboneracing; 02-16-2007 at 11:12 PM.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:48 AM
RX8 collector...

Sorry bro, but I don't think any of us are complaining about him getting a free car and us not....I would be a hypocrit if I didn't mention that my parents helped me tremendously. The difference I am trying to point out is that in no way did I ever take it for granted and claim that I earned it by doing things (eg like doing well in school) that I should be doing anyhow.

I think it is fine if he wants to sell the car. That is a completely different issue here. I think so many people are irritated by the kid's comments trying to justify it and seeking approval from the forums It is his attitude about the whole thing that is frustrating....I think there are a lot more serious problems teenagers deal with than a kid torn between having a sports car that he can't drive in the snow and parents pressuring him to do well in school.

If he doesn't realize this though on his own, his acedemic talents will be wasted when the coddling stops in college. The question I have for him is, where is the motivation to work hard in college and the real world going to be when you are an adult and mommy and daddy don't motivate you with money? I had to learn that same lesson myself, because college will be much more stressful if you aren't in it for yourself.... Call it self-righteous, or a recent college grad giving some advice from someone that has been in the same situation. Just my 2 cents. I'm out.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:45 AM
Registered

Personally i find most ALL teenagers annoying now, just as many older folk found me annoying when i was a teen. Its just one of those things. Especially when every generation is much better off than the last these days - which is a good thing. We can all be grateful for living in the US, and not in say Sudan.

ok i shut up now, lets talk cars. I'd be out too, but i just want his 8 (when a Fit would do me fine...)
Old 02-17-2007, 01:49 PM

Whatever, I'm done with all this.

Calling all Moderators: Please shut down this thread.

Car's not for sale any more. Wishbone, sorry for keeping you on holds for such a long time, but I'm absolutely sick of all this. I don't think I've ever seen someone flamed for trying to sell a car as much as I have.

Good day to all of you, I'm leaving this forum and then talk all the **** about me you want. If I want a lecture in maturity, i'll learn from experience, not a bunch of guys telling what the hell I should do.

I'm taking the car back to the dealer and getting back 22.5k. Plus another 2321 for refunded warranty. Meaning...I go positive and the dealer now owes me, considering I got it for only 23k.

Don't even wast your time posting in this thread any more.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.