Notices
RX-8 Parts For Sale/Wanted Parts for sale, NO Vendor Ads.
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (US State/Canada/Int):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (US State/Canada/Int):

{WTB} Light weight Flywheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 12:19 AM
kevin@rotaryresurrection

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts

Category: Drivetrain
Price: $0
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part Fits (you may select multiples): Others
Location (US State/Canada/Int): AL
Item Condition: Used

Originally Posted by TeamRX8
well you do realize that the used Racing Beat aluminum flywheel you are hawking is the lightest OE size clutch type I'm aware of; 8.5 lbs

seems odd that you would be telling people it might be too light ...
I see. So, a farmer shouldn't sell watermelons to others if he doesn't like to eat them himself.

Another of your famous opines to live by that I will note, I guess.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK

Originally Posted by Highway8
I might be selling my BHR flywheel with counterweight and exedy stage 1 HD clutch kit AKA MS clutch. PM me if you are interested and what you are looking to pay. Probably want to get 50% of retail but I have not researched the current retail price, so feel free to provide that info.
I need this deal, i seriously need both of these things but i probably dont have very much money to spend on it but if you still have it and can hold it for a few days, i will take them!

I PMed you

Last edited by Myke Litorus; 03-16-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:54 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by RotaryResurrection
I see. So, a farmer shouldn't sell watermelons to others if he doesn't like to eat them himself.
If a person didn't know your location, that statement alone shows that your from the south east.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:27 PM
No respecter of malarkey

Received 2,013 Likes on 1,640 Posts
The equivalent is a farmer telling customers looking at his watermelons that they are bad for you

Both situations seem odd, but maybe you and Farmer John know something about sales tactics that I don't
Old 03-16-2013, 11:52 PM
kevin@rotaryresurrection

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
The equivalent is a farmer telling customers looking at his watermelons that they are bad for you

Both situations seem odd, but maybe you and Farmer John know something about sales tactics that I don't
What you don't know is that I sold the flywheel during the course of this thread.

Now, talk **** some more about my "sales tactics".
Old 03-18-2013, 02:40 AM
No respecter of malarkey

I had no doubt it would sell, I just thought it odd that would tell people too light was bad when you're selling the lightest flywheel available for the OE diameter clutch is all it really has more to do with the knowledge of the buyer or the lack thereof

It looked pretty beat up to me
Old 03-18-2013, 07:29 AM
Registered

I had no doubt it would sell, I just thought it odd that would tell people too light was bad when you're selling the lightest flywheel available for the OE diameter clutch is all it really has more to do with the knowledge of the buyer or the lack thereof

It looked pretty beat up to me
Haha, I actually purchased it, i been on the lookout for a used RB/Fidanza flywheel for a while now. It doesn't look too bad to me, a little dirty yeah, a cleaning with a new friction plate should make it look almost new, but honestly who cares what it looks like as long as it spins true

So my choice for the RB flywheel was to buy it new @ $378 + Shipping To Canada + Custom's fee's crossing the border would probably come to $500, or buy it used for $165 + $100 for new friction plate which makes it nearly half price, this is the exact rout I took with my old car and it worked out great for me. Buying used is like gambling but the used car parts gods have always been good to me :p

For me its all about lightweight with rotating mass, my old car had 9lb fidanza + lightweight UD pulley with a 300hp clutch and every mechanic who had to pull that car into their garage stalled it, anybody I remember who tried driving it would stall it lol but I had no problems at all I loved it, I like to consider myself good with the clutch/gas pedals.

Anyways Thanks again Kevin :D

Last edited by DinSum; 03-18-2013 at 07:33 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:28 AM
No respecter of malarkey

It has to do more than spin true. A flywheel coming apart at high rpm is not going to have a good outcome so along that line of thought looks can matter such as physical surface markings and such on the outer hub area. It was just a picture though so best wishes for your purchase.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:29 AM
Registered

It has to do more than spin true. A flywheel coming apart at high rpm is not going to have a good outcome so along that line of thought looks can matter such as physical surface markings and such on the outer hub area. It was just a picture though so best wishes for your purchase.

Yeah I hear ya, I definitely don't want it exploding on me!

I plan on cleaning and examining it closely to make sure there are no deep gouges or anything else out of the ordinary, from what I could tell in the high res picture it didn't look too bad, a few light scratches on the back

But yeah if I see anything that looks iffy im just going to take the hit and chuck it, I dont want to take any chances I like my legs, I want to keep them :D
Old 03-20-2013, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This is a WTB thread. All non-related chatter will be deleted. Tech discussion should be kept to the proper forum.