Old 03-10-2006, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
see now that ^ is a decent deal. PM sent
Old 03-10-2006, 07:37 PM
2005 White GT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Freakazoid
see now that ^ is a decent deal. PM sent
Yup; only 20% depreciation without the mileage credit!
Old 03-10-2006, 09:11 PM
'04 Titanium Gray 6MT

Hey bud, I live in Martinsburg, WV, just about 30 miles South of the PA border. I have an 04 VR RX8 GT package, appearance package, etc with all black leather. it has 13000 miles on it now, and i would part with it for 21500. Let me know, here are the pics.

http://photos.yahoo.com/dustinmallen
Old 03-11-2006, 11:46 AM

Freakazoid, I didn't get a Private Message?

If you any questions call me at (310)517-0880
Old 03-12-2006, 12:54 PM
RX8INCH

05 ti-grey. 12,xxx miles. 22,500 with tein springs and stereo.

https://www.rx8club.com/rx-8s-sale-wanted-43/fs-2005-ti-grey-so-cal-84760/
Old 03-26-2006, 12:04 PM

Hey i am looking to sell my rx-8 because i need a bigger car. I live right outside of Philadelphia,PA in downingtown. I have a 2004 Titanium grey rx8 45k miles, it has HKS LEGAMAX EXHAUST, HKS RACING SUCTION INTAKE, SR MOTORSPORTS HIGH FLOW CAT, MAZDASPEED SHIFT ****, DARK BLACK WINDOW TINT. It is the touring package. I will sell it for 22,000, which is a good price for an 2004 with the modifications. I still have all the stock parts and will give it them to you if you want. Get back to me at GCapuzzi@msn.com if you are interested.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:08 PM

2005 Silver Rx-8 with Sport package. only 3000 miles.
My price is $23500
Attached Thumbnails WTB: 2005 RX-8, Anywhere-.jpg   WTB: 2005 RX-8, Anywhere-b.jpg   WTB: 2005 RX-8, Anywhere-c.jpg  
Old 03-27-2006, 11:37 AM

Alright well I'm looking to buy a used RX-8. Anywhere in the states as long as you're willing to help me out with transportation from the airport (be it getting me a taxi or picking me up). The closer to the PA the better if you're within a few states, after that I'll be flying regardless so it doesn't matter.

Need a reasonably priced RX-8, color is irrelvant at this point, GT would be nice, but whatever. Something that's been well taken care of. Honestly not too particular as long as the price is priced accordingly to it's real market value... ($26k used RX-8s really don't sell too well).

Post anything you got, and whether you're firm with that particular price or note, as well as pic sif you have them.

if you would prefer you could email me at lang84@gmail.com
I'm asking below private party value for my 2004 RX8 grand touring. In St. Louis, Mo. There's nothing wrong with the car other than its a $21,250 asset sitting in my driveway not earning any interest. Special bonus - I have an aftermarket Sirius unit from JVC, and the subscription is paid through Dec 2006, will throw it in free with purchase.

The car is silver with red/black leather. It was garaged at work during the day and at home at night.

You can see a bunch of pictures on www.cars.com, just hit used car search for an RX8 in zip code 63124. I'm the only individual seller within 25 miles or so, the others they'll list are dealers. (Mine says individual seller). I'll send you a bunch more pictures if you like. My cell phone number is 314-650-9460.

Come buy my car!! Thanks. David
Old 04-05-2006, 07:33 PM

05 For Sale

I Have An 05 6 Speed, 238 Hp, It Is Under A Lease But It Would Just Cost You 22,700 To Buy Out Of It Now. It Has The Rear Spoiler And Floor Mats And Is Set Up For Sirius Sat. Radio. It Only Has 3,000 Miles On It. I LIVE IN NORTH CENTRAL OHIO

Last edited by whitt57; 04-05-2006 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:19 PM

Are you interested in a professionally Rebuilt RX8 for $16,500? I just posted a pair and am not too far from PA.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:56 PM

sorry I'd need the warranty, am NOT going to be buyin a rx-8 outside of warranty, sorry, too many minor glitches.

oh and let me clarify people, If it's a sport package or base model 04, I'm not interested i fyou're asking over 20k, unless it's REALLY low miles you might be able to find a buyer, it just won't be me... :-/. Grand Touring 04 I'm not going to be interested if it's above 22k unless it's really low miles. 05's I know it's probably lowballing but I'm not interested in anything above 24k, period, regardless of any options, etc.

I let one slip through my fingers because i didn't have the money together then, now i do and am ready to go...
Old 04-10-2006, 03:33 PM

04 Nordic Green, Chaparral interior, etc

Grand Touring Package. Original Tires / Rims plus extra set of rims with Snow Tires(currently on car)
13,000 miles, Factory Navigation , perfect condition (tiny ding in drivers side door)6 speed manual tran. Stock stereo with MP3 player input Mod, $23,500 Located in Northern NJ.(Bergen County). PM or email if interested (stewartgl@yahoo.com)
Old 04-10-2006, 09:34 PM

steeldude, note my price addendum, 23,500 is just way too much for an 04 with all the rebates and incentives running around, especially for a car that was obviously ridden in the snow
Old 04-11-2006, 10:49 PM
Still lovin' it...

If you're not interested in purchasing an RX8, quit wasting people's time. I would hardly consider you a "serious" buyer if you've been looking for 3 months now.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:31 PM

did you read my last post? I was about to buy one but they weren't able to wait for the financing to clear which it finally has.

and i guess the sellers aren't serious that have had their cars for sale for more than 3 months?
Old 04-12-2006, 09:29 PM
2005 White GT

Smile

Originally Posted by Landon_Starr
If you're not interested in purchasing an RX8, quit wasting people's time. I would hardly consider you a "serious" buyer if you've been looking for 3 months now.
I think he is "serious", just trying to find a "slightly" used GT for wholesale or less! E-Bay is full of 8's in his price range but they are all high milers or autos!

Last edited by EDZRIDE; 04-13-2006 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:30 PM
2005 White GT

did you read my last post? I was about to buy one but they weren't able to wait for the financing to clear which it finally has.

and i guess the sellers aren't serious that have had their cars for sale for more than 3 months?
The sellers here are serious, that's why they are holding out for a reasonable price.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:21 PM
for(int i=0;i<RX8.RPM;i++

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this buyer is just fooling around...not a serious buyer. Common, you got a white 2005 at 21K and you still not satisfied. Go get a Honda Civic and forget about it.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:09 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cranky Sellers and great deals on new cars

Gotta say I'm getting a kick out of all the cranky sellers who don't want to admit that closeout prices on new models affect the used market. I've been looking for a car for a while too and I finally bought one tonight. After a lot of searching I found the used market is just too overpriced compared to the closeout deals on the 05's. Tonight I bought a brand new 2005 Velocity Red Sport Package with a spoiler for $22,250. This is at or below what most sellers on auto trader are asking for 2004's with 15,000+ miles. As of April 4th Mazda is offering $4,000 in cash back on the 2005 RX-8's. If anybody is interested in a similar deal I know of at least 3 new 2005's in the Seattle area that will go for similar prices. This is brand new.

MSRP on the car I bought was a little over $30,000. Dealer Invoice was about $27,000. I got the car for $26,250 then the $4,000 cash back. A thousand of the cash back is for financing with Mazda, but this dealer was anxious enough to get rid of the 05's that they gave it to me without requiring me to finance with them. Anyway, I decided $18,000-$19,000 for a used 2004 was way too much compared to the new deals.

<Rant on> It sucks to buy a new car and then have major deals come out to drop the prices, but it does affect the value of your used car. It's simple economics. I'm shocked by everybody getting pissed off at Freakazoid for trying to find a decent deal. He stated a number of times what he was looking for and what he definitely wasn't looking for, and people kept posting what he wasn't looking for. Read his posts and if you have a car that fits, post it. Don't be pissed at him because Mazda is driving down the prices. <Rant off>

All in all I'm just excited to have finally gotten a car that I wanted.

Have a nice day!
Old 04-14-2006, 09:46 AM
2005 White GT

Originally Posted by Skinless
<Rant on> It sucks to buy a new car and then have major deals come out to drop the prices, but it does affect the value of your used car.
True, if you can find a deal! Leftovers aren't available everywhere.

I'm shocked by everybody getting pissed off at Freakazoid for trying to find a decent deal. He stated a number of times what he was looking for and what he definitely wasn't looking for, and people kept posting what he wasn't looking for. Read his posts and if you have a car that fits, post it. Don't be pissed at him because Mazda is driving down the prices. <Rant off>
That works both ways! Go read some of the F/S threads where he flames people for asking too much. All they wanted was an offer, not his opinion.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by EDZRIDE
True, if you can find a deal! Leftovers aren't available everywhere.

That works both ways! Go read some of the F/S threads where he flames people for asking too much. All they wanted was an offer, not his opinion.

I agree it sounds rougher than intended, but I'm trying to save some of the sellers the headache and time of doing research on the boards.... how many of the cars here have been sold to carmax? how many of those cars sold to carmax could have been sold for another 500-1000 dollars had they posted that price from the getgo. I'm not ripping into them, I'm just letting them know that their price is probably too high. And for the most part I try to only do that with the ones that have been on sale for months and they 'can't figure out why it's not selling', and they turn around and sell it to carmax.

I know sellers have been taken offense to it, and I've tried to apologize, but oh well. I 've gotten ripped into by sellers and nonsellers alike for what I'm waiting for, how is it any different? that's what amazes me more than anything... you can't rip into me for the price i'm wanting to pay, then rip into me when I try to give 2 cents about the market price (regardless of my interest in that particular car). I have no problem you ripping into me about what I'm wanting to pay, but I DO know that some of these deals are out there, it's just a matter of waiting... just like the seller waits for the right persont o pay the right price, no different.

The selling and buying aspect of a car are amazingly the same, both have to be willing to wait to get the best deal. Sorry for anyone that has taken serious offense, but note the ones that I have mentione dthe price, are still for sale. Sorry though regardless.....

oh the 2005 white one that was mentioned that made me 'not serious'.

please don't tell me you're talking about this one

https://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=86194, that might be a decent deal to some people, but considering I could get the same deal new, I really dont' consider that to be that good of a deal fo rmyself....

or maybe you're talking about this one

https://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=85355

oh wait htat's in california, a 2 day trip for something that I really don't feel is that good of a deal for me....
Old 04-14-2006, 07:12 PM

Gotta say I'm getting a kick out of all the cranky sellers who don't want to admit that closeout prices on new models affect the used market. I've been looking for a car for a while too and I finally bought one tonight. After a lot of searching I found the used market is just too overpriced compared to the closeout deals on the 05's. Tonight I bought a brand new 2005 Velocity Red Sport Package with a spoiler for $22,250. This is at or below what most sellers on auto trader are asking for 2004's with 15,000+ miles. As of April 4th Mazda is offering $4,000 in cash back on the 2005 RX-8's. If anybody is interested in a similar deal I know of at least 3 new 2005's in the Seattle area that will go for similar prices. This is brand new.

MSRP on the car I bought was a little over $30,000. Dealer Invoice was about $27,000. I got the car for $26,250 then the $4,000 cash back. A thousand of the cash back is for financing with Mazda, but this dealer was anxious enough to get rid of the 05's that they gave it to me without requiring me to finance with them. Anyway, I decided $18,000-$19,000 for a used 2004 was way too much compared to the new deals.

<Rant on> It sucks to buy a new car and then have major deals come out to drop the prices, but it does affect the value of your used car. It's simple economics. I'm shocked by everybody getting pissed off at Freakazoid for trying to find a decent deal. He stated a number of times what he was looking for and what he definitely wasn't looking for, and people kept posting what he wasn't looking for. Read his posts and if you have a car that fits, post it. Don't be pissed at him because Mazda is driving down the prices. <Rant off>

All in all I'm just excited to have finally gotten a car that I wanted.

Have a nice day!

thanks for backing me up man, and you've got it right on the nose.

everyone looks at the number of 'for sales' posted in this thread, and doin't look at my qualifications. maybe 6 of the cars posted in here are relevant, and they were weeded out for whatever reason.

I am waiting for a decent deal, and i'm WILLING to wait. Yes htere are buyers that aren't, and more power to them, but I'm willing to wait for the right deal, one slipped through and i'm kicking myself for that.

And you also got it right on the nose of why the resale of the rx-8 sucks, ford is throwing rebates out the wazoo. I feel bad for the people that bought it new and have to deal with the hit, but that's also why you should have known when buying a new domestic, that the resale would suck hardcore... (yes mazda is domestic :P)
Old 04-14-2006, 07:13 PM

oh yea and thanks for the info about them knocking it up to 4k off, i'm going to have to make some phone calls. I'd prefer to save a few bucks, but like you said, 04's with 15k miles have dealers asking fo rthe same price. Definitely going to have to make some phone calls, thanks man!
Old 04-14-2006, 07:29 PM
2005 White GT

oh the 2005 white one that was mentioned that made me 'not serious'
I think he was talking about posts 25 and 26 in this thread.

oh wait htat's in california, a 2 day trip for something that I really don't feel is that good of a deal for me....

So when are you going to Seattle?

Last edited by EDZRIDE; 04-14-2006 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-14-2006, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by EDZRIDE
I think he was talking about posts 25 and 26 in this thread.

So when are you going to Seattle?
lmao well if the case is MAZDA based incentives, that means all I gotta find is some leftover good 05s in the area around here and I can go right there :D

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WTB: 2005 RX-8, Anywhere