Notices
New Member Forum A place for new members to get their feet wet

Help please. Secondary airflow problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help please. Secondary airflow problem

Car keeps ideling up and,down and occasionally bog down ie. But it always pulls secondary air flow incorrect flow. Recnt motor swap on it 45k on motor 166k on car rhinking exhaust leak. Any ideas
Old 08-22-2017, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
If the intake has recently been dis-assembled, first check that all the vacuum lines are connected. Your symptoms are consistent with a vacuum leak. In particular, check that the line going from the back of the upper intake manifold to the vacuum chamber is connected. If it is not, the air control valve will be inoperable (because it will have no vacuum), hence no secondary air flow.

Old 08-22-2017, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jastreb
If the intake has recently been dis-assembled, first check that all the vacuum lines are connected. Your symptoms are consistent with a vacuum leak. In particular, check that the line going from the back of the upper intake manifold to the vacuum chamber is connected. If it is not, the air control valve will be inoperable (because it will have no vacuum), hence no secondary air flow.

Thanks far as i know ive checked a couple,times,all,the air lines are hooked up ive had to,take the front end,apart a couple,times when i replaced the radiator. But,its always done,it,since,the engine,swap i,had done

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.