Series I Tech Garage The place to discuss anything technical about the RX-8 that doesn't fit into any of the categories below.

What Is this part called??

Old 06-24-2010, 07:28 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los Angeles California Crenshaw District Cuhz..
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy What Is this part called??

Im having serious problems with this one part that is connected to my Left driver speaker. I think this is the crossover but i need to find out exactly what it is. If anyone knows what it is or where i could buy one please let me know!!!!
Attached Thumbnails What Is this part called??-bose.jpg  
Boom3k is offline  
Old 06-24-2010, 07:33 PM
Asshole for hire
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Colfontaine, Belgium
Posts: 3,214
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it says right on it, audio amp....

try mazmart
paulmasoner is offline  
Old 06-25-2010, 02:30 AM
iTrader: (1)
Jon316G's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Streetsboro, OH
Posts: 6,779
Likes: 0
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Is he talking about the whole unit or that square grey piece to the left?
Hopefully that square component didn't come from the K1 reference designator on that circuit board.
If it did... the "K" in the reference designator indicates a relay.
But also, if it did come from there, you might have bigger problems we'll need to discuss!
Jon316G is offline  
Old 06-25-2010, 06:36 AM
Extraordinary Engineering
DarkBrew's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Burls On
Posts: 4,727
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
How did the relay end up being separated from the circuit board?

What were the original symptoms you were tracking down?
DarkBrew is offline  
Old 06-25-2010, 07:33 AM
iTrader: (1)
m1r4g3's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 131
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol, its labled!
m1r4g3 is offline  
Old 06-25-2010, 07:45 AM
Surf Hard, Drive Hard
Mazurfer's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indialantic, Florida
Posts: 7,840
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Because more than likely he rocked it back and forth trying to take it out not realizing that it was soldered onto the board. Either that or he smashed it pretty hard somehow after removing the cover?
Mazurfer is offline  
Old 06-25-2010, 08:23 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,317
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not 100% sure but I beleive that would be the Flux Capacitor.

Last edited by terch1; 05-10-2011 at 02:35 PM.
terch1 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread Starter
Last Post
New Member Forum
08-18-2015 07:22 PM
RX-8 Parts For Sale/Wanted
08-16-2015 12:35 PM
New Member Forum
08-12-2015 09:09 PM
New Member Forum
08-10-2015 10:32 PM
Series I Tech Garage
08-08-2015 01:24 AM

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What Is this part called??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to and affiliated sites.