My Car Tablet - Page 5 - RX8Club.com

Notices

My Car Tablet

Reply

 
 
 
Old 01-17-2016, 02:13 AM
  #101  
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Upper Hutt
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Daisun View Post
I had the same problem when I was using aux-in. I bought a 3.5mm ground loop isolator and that cancelled out the noise. But I'm now using bluetooth since the Nexus 7 is too big and doesn't allow the 3.5mm jack to be used and bluetooth is flawless.
Thanks. I might try that as the ferrite chokes that I put in didn't fix the noise problem.
flawny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 02:46 AM
  #102  
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Upper Hutt
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Engine noice fixed.

Just a quick update. I bought a ground loop isolator last weekend. It fixed the problem amazingly. I think it even improved the quality of the audio.
Cheers for your advice Daisun
flawny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 06:33 AM
  #103  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Daisun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 81
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Incase anyone is still interested in this project. I've completely rewritten my Arduino code, its now available here: https://github.com/dasonwong/rx8navhood
Daisun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 06:15 AM
  #104  
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes still interested
I'm also working on replacing the nav system, this time an Asus Zenpad7 that fits perfectly.
The arduino code is very welcome!
Als do you have a diagram for connecting the arduino to the motor and acc power since these are 12V?
A detailed pic of the arduino and cabling would probably be good to.
mluyben is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:51 AM
  #105  
JDM-8
 
titaniumgr3y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Posts: 207
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i got the navhood, i used pins to connect 12v, acc , gnd, illum on the right input, i tested the hood successfully.
I then installed a Huawei Pad 7", which mounts perfectly.
I used an app that turns on/off display using accelerometer, works great.
Then i tried to tidy up everything when i gutted the navhood, and then installed a 12v usb charger to charge the tablet when car is switched on ACC position or ON.
I must have done something wrong while testing.. maybe bad battery screwed up the oem board, the open button now goes only half way and not to the right direction, not always.. tilt no longer works.
Therefore, since i did all this work, i am going to implement the arduino solution after all
Thanks for the code.
titaniumgr3y is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 09:51 AM
  #106  
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by titaniumgr3y View Post
i got the navhood, i used pins to connect 12v, acc , gnd, illum on the right input, i tested the hood successfully.
I then installed a Huawei Pad 7", which mounts perfectly.
I used an app that turns on/off display using accelerometer, works great.
Then i tried to tidy up everything when i gutted the navhood, and then installed a 12v usb charger to charge the tablet when car is switched on ACC position or ON.
I must have done something wrong while testing.. maybe bad battery screwed up the oem board, the open button now goes only half way and not to the right direction, not always.. tilt no longer works.
Therefore, since i did all this work, i am going to implement the arduino solution after all
Thanks for the code.
This is probably because the motor need resetting. This happened with my my sat nav when I orginally got one when I was taking it apart. Some of the threads on converting mention how to reset it. If I remember you need to take the white cog off whilst powering it up which puts the motor in the right place. Sorry not sure what thread but it did work.

fredrx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:05 PM
  #107  
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Daisun View Post
Incase anyone is still interested in this project. I've completely rewritten my Arduino code, its now available here: https://github.com/dasonwong/rx8navhood
I know this is a super old thread. But i found your code while trying to install a tablet in my Mazdaspeed3. All my stock boards work in my Navi screen and hood, but I like how yours opens and closes with the ACC power, and an audrino is a lot smaller then the OEM boards in the Navi hood. Anyways I was wondering if you had a wiring diagram so that I can get mine working, I have two wires on my motor, and three wires off the stock potentiometer which from looking at your youtube videos you have also. I am just curious how you wired it up, in reading your code, I saw motorenable pin number and a motordir pin number. But I know the potentiometer has to be wired in. If you could give a brief wiring diagram or draw a simple picture that would save me a lot of time and hassle. Thanks
blazing816 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 05:13 PM
  #108  
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Olympia
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
swanky as hell
BwapTron is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 03:07 PM
  #109  
Registered
 
Killawatts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 69
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I'd like to do something like this, but just for a GPS, don't need a tablet in there, wouldn't work since I don't get signal out in the country where I live. I figure it must be easier to just install a GPS than a tablet, the tricky part would be getting the hood to open and close.
Killawatts is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 01:55 PM
  #110  
Ultra Noob
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 221
Thanked 32 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by blazing816 View Post
I know this is a super old thread. But i found your code while trying to install a tablet in my Mazdaspeed3. All my stock boards work in my Navi screen and hood, but I like how yours opens and closes with the ACC power, and an audrino is a lot smaller then the OEM boards in the Navi hood. Anyways I was wondering if you had a wiring diagram so that I can get mine working, I have two wires on my motor, and three wires off the stock potentiometer which from looking at your youtube videos you have also. I am just curious how you wired it up, in reading your code, I saw motorenable pin number and a motordir pin number. But I know the potentiometer has to be wired in. If you could give a brief wiring diagram or draw a simple picture that would save me a lot of time and hassle. Thanks
The potentiometer is used for determining the position of the hood. It would have to be wired to an analog input on the arduino. I'm not sure what the wiring diagram looks like, but you could probably sort out the wires with a voltmeter.

I accomplished the movement by using timing because I wasn't using an arduino and didn't have an analog input (raspberry pi), so I didn't investigate too far into the wiring for the potentiometer. My method was fairly repeatable, but I didn't try thousands of executions. Just 40-50 and it didn't seem to creep much. I'm also not finished my build, so I don't have much in the way of help.

I don't understand why Mazda didn't use a cheap stepper motor instead of the motor/potentiometer combo. Seems needlessly more complicated.

bwilk is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Skyl3r
New Member Forum
141
03-20-2018 12:06 PM
Shnifty
Series I Tech Garage
23
12-18-2015 01:49 PM
Peanutbuttertruffle
New Member Forum
6
07-24-2015 08:49 AM
Bamaham
New Member Forum
2
07-23-2015 09:08 AM
AussieGray
RX-8's For Sale/Wanted
0
07-16-2015 04:58 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Car Tablet


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.