Another Vertex Shinka - RX8Club.com

RX-8 Multimedia/Photo Gallery Share your pics,videos or links to them.

Another Vertex Shinka

Reply

 
 
 
Old 09-30-2015, 02:19 AM
  #1  
Zoom Zoom Boom
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 471
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Another Vertex Shinka

After being on this forum for several years now, not too many body kits really appealed to me... Getting a full kit wasn't my intention when I first got the car. I loved the body lines of the RX-8 already as it is, but overtime I started getting bored of it.

The first kit I considered a couple of years back was a Burnout Type II/Shine Auto Project Type II kit. I loved how it looked, it definitely made the car a lot less curvy/feminine IMO without going too overboard in styling. I told myself that I was settled on the look afterwards and kept it for a couple of years that way, boy was I wrong. Deep down, I felt like something was missing... I wasn't satisfied with the car aesthetically.

Two RX-8s in particular made me want to re-consider changing the entire appearance of the car. One, being konigs with his whitewater pearl RX-8. My first SevenStock was when I first saw his car, and I instantly fell in love with the look. After doing some research on the Vertex kit, I came across Sifu's thread which confirmed my decision on what kit I really wanted.

At one point, I considered piecing together the full R-Magic kit instead, primarily because I did not want to be another "Vertex RX-8" in Cali... I scrapped that idea realizing that it just didn't meet my taste and I was doing it out of impulse more than actually liking the kit. I let go of the feeling of "copying" someone and decided from that point on to just do whatever the **** I want.

And here she is fresh out of the body shop...

























I'm very satisfied and happy with the car now. It still needs some work and several minor changes I plan to do on certain parts of the car, which will again take some time. For now I'll enjoy this while it lasts.

I would like to do a huge shoutout to Rmanis Works (818-263-7725) in North Hollywood, CA for taking care of my car and going over every detail to make sure I'm satisfied with their work. It took me a month and a half to get my car back due to delay in parts arriving, but it was worth the wait. Caulin, from Bulletproof Automotive for his excellent customer service. As always, a big thanks to my friends at Rotary Lounge for their help and support for the last three years and counting as well as some of my other RX-8 friends, you know who you are.

P.S. I took these photos at my work, Lol.

Last edited by Jazzmeson; 09-30-2015 at 02:23 AM.
Jazzmeson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 09:11 AM
  #2  
Adam
iTrader: (7)
 
RX8inSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Imperial, MO
Posts: 698
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jazzmeson View Post
After being on this forum for several years now, not too many body kits really appealed to me... Getting a full kit wasn't my intention when I first got the car. I loved the body lines of the RX-8 already as it is, but overtime I started getting bored of it.

The first kit I considered a couple of years back was a Burnout Type II/Shine Auto Project Type II kit. I loved how it looked, it definitely made the car a lot less curvy/feminine IMO without going too overboard in styling. I told myself that I was settled on the look afterwards and kept it for a couple of years that way, boy was I wrong. Deep down, I felt like something was missing... I wasn't satisfied with the car aesthetically.

Two RX-8s in particular made me want to re-consider changing the entire appearance of the car. One, being konigs with his whitewater pearl RX-8. My first SevenStock was when I first saw his car, and I instantly fell in love with the look. After doing some research on the Vertex kit, I came across Sifu's thread which confirmed my decision on what kit I really wanted.

At one point, I considered piecing together the full R-Magic kit instead, primarily because I did not want to be another "Vertex RX-8" in Cali... I scrapped that idea realizing that it just didn't meet my taste and I was doing it out of impulse more than actually liking the kit. I let go of the feeling of "copying" someone and decided from that point on to just do whatever the **** I want.

And here she is fresh out of the body shop...

























I'm very satisfied and happy with the car now. It still needs some work and several minor changes I plan to do on certain parts of the car, which will again take some time. For now I'll enjoy this while it lasts.

I would like to do a huge shoutout to Rmanis Works (818-263-7725) in North Hollywood, CA for taking care of my car and going over every detail to make sure I'm satisfied with their work. It took me a month and a half to get my car back due to delay in parts arriving, but it was worth the wait. Caulin, from Bulletproof Automotive for his excellent customer service. As always, a big thanks to my friends at Rotary Lounge for their help and support for the last three years and counting as well as some of my other RX-8 friends, you know who you are.

P.S. I took these photos at my work, Lol.
Much nicer seeing these full size photos versus the IG ones, I think it looks even better here. If I didnt have my MS a Vertex kit would be a close 2nd.
RX8inSTL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 10:56 AM
  #3  
Registered
iTrader: (45)
 
9krpmrx8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 33,731
Thanked 323 Times in 264 Posts
Hot like Fire.
9krpmrx8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:19 AM
  #4  
Registered
iTrader: (10)
 
GK1707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 1,052
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RX8inSTL View Post
Much nicer seeing these full size photos versus the IG ones, I think it looks even better here. If I didnt have my MS a Vertex kit would be a close 2nd.
Agreed your IG pics don't do this enough justice man. That's one bad *** shinka dude.
GK1707 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:41 AM
  #5  
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Markham, ON, Canada
Posts: 581
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Looks amazing dude! I've always liked the Vertex kit - definitely one of the nicer kits out there!
Sato Tatsuya is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 11:16 PM
  #6  
turrrbo!
iTrader: (4)
 
\\Konig\\'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Santa Barbara
Posts: 2,320
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Copycat!!! Just kidding, the car turned out badass. You made the right choice going Vertex =]
\\Konig\\ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:42 PM
  #7  
Zoom Zoom Boom
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 471
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks all! Satisfied with the outside now, but more minor changes to come sometime next year. Mostly improvements in engine bay and suspension changes.
Jazzmeson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 12:30 AM
  #8  
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 97
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I did the same thing as you! im going for the engine now. its nice to see other 8's with bodykits. it looks really nice though. you probably dont care but here's a picture of mine (:
Trancemission is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 01:56 PM
  #9  
Registered
 
Dokuji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 182
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I will always hate those canards but that is one beautiful machine, sir. Also go lower tho :P :P :P
Dokuji is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:28 PM
  #10  
Zoom Zoom Boom
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 471
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Trancemission View Post
I did the same thing as you! im going for the engine now. its nice to see other 8's with bodykits. it looks really nice though. you probably dont care but here's a picture of mine (:
Very nice! I'm really liking that R-Magic kit with the yellow paired with that RE hood. You can definitely pull this look off much better than I would if I stayed along that route.
Jazzmeson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:29 PM
  #11  
Zoom Zoom Boom
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 471
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dokuji View Post
I will always hate those canards but that is one beautiful machine, sir. Also go lower tho :P :P :P
Appreciate it, thanks. The canards aren't everyone's cup of tea, which is one of the main reasons why I went for them. And yes, suspension changes possibly next year to go just slightly lower up front.
Jazzmeson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 03:25 PM
  #12  
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
keep it classy bro
bara1221 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Tgiolitto100
RX-8's For Sale/Wanted
1
09-29-2015 11:52 AM
Counter_Glockwise
New Member Forum
2
09-21-2015 07:51 PM
Von Walker
New Member Forum
1
09-13-2015 04:54 PM
LB2739
New Member Forum
4
09-13-2015 10:16 AM
Tsurugi
New Member Forum
0
09-07-2015 09:27 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: