low pressure fuel pump vs High pressure fuel pump - RX8Club.com



New Member Forum A place for new members to get their feet wet

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread
Old 07-31-2015, 09:06 AM   #1  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 100
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
low pressure fuel pump vs High pressure fuel pump

What would be the symptoms of running a rx8 with a cheap low pressure fuel pump ,

As I have a issue , my car starts fine at any time without hesitation , but it wont start at all like no compression for like 2 minutes if I switch off the car after flooring it like hell..
harithac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:13 AM   #2  
Verbose SuperMod
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 16,665
Thanks: 0
Thanked 113 Times in 60 Posts
Why do you think that this is a fuel pump problem?

The only time I see trouble starting being a fuel pump problem is if the car dies while you are actively driving it at speed in gear, like on the highway, and then won't start for ~20 minutes then suddenly starts fine.

All other starting difficulty descriptions end up being something else.
RIWWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:20 AM   #3  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 100
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIWWP View Post
Why do you think that this is a fuel pump problem?

The only time I see trouble starting being a fuel pump problem is if the car dies while you are actively driving it at speed in gear, like on the highway, and then won't start for ~20 minutes then suddenly starts fine.

All other starting difficulty descriptions end up being something else.
I suspect the pump sir because, its a cheap low pressure pump I puted into my assembly till my new pump come.

car just starts fine if I drive normal for hours. it will start right away without any hesitation. only issue is if I floor it hard the car struggles to start up .
harithac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:30 AM   #4  
Verbose SuperMod
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 16,665
Thanks: 0
Thanked 113 Times in 60 Posts
Ah, I didn't catch that you installed a cheap pump. I'd recommend putting in a good/correct pump. If you run into fuel pressure drop from reving hard, actually driving it hard puts you at significant risk of engine damage from a lean spike with that pressure drop.

Get a proper pump in there. A $150 pump is cheaper than a $3,300 engine.
RIWWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:47 AM   #5  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 100
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIWWP View Post
Ah, I didn't catch that you installed a cheap pump. I'd recommend putting in a good/correct pump. If you run into fuel pressure drop from reving hard, actually driving it hard puts you at significant risk of engine damage from a lean spike with that pressure drop.

Get a proper pump in there. A $150 pump is cheaper than a $3,300 engine.

Yes sir I already ordered a high pressure pump ,

and sir does a low pressure fuel pump can cause this issue to me ?
this starting isuue after driving hard ?
harithac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:49 AM   #6  
Verbose SuperMod
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 16,665
Thanks: 0
Thanked 113 Times in 60 Posts
I can't say for sure without some fuel pressure readings when you are trying to start.

Frankly, you are the first person I've see on the forums try a low pressure fuel pump.
RIWWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:57 PM   #7  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 100
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIWWP View Post
I can't say for sure without some fuel pressure readings when you are trying to start.

Frankly, you are the first person I've see on the forums try a low pressure fuel pump.

Sir my issue have changed in to a different section of the car .
I randomly bumped in to the previous owner of the car and seems to be he have also had the same problem earlier . and the issue was with the throttle body , he have cleaned it and all have become normal agin , he told it was blocked back then .
harithac is online now   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oil filter question mr. GrandGame New Member Forum 5 03-23-2016 10:16 AM
Lots of oil/pressure in breather hose uZu New Member Forum 13 12-30-2015 12:35 PM
Is there a recommended full rebuild kit? Shnifty Series I Tech Garage 23 12-18-2015 12:49 PM
ATTENTION BOOSTED GUYS: Running rich underboost? Consider the throttle body. 9krpmrx8 Series I Trouble Shooting 23 11-05-2015 11:45 PM
Possible Fuel Pump Failure GracefulShanks New Member Forum 9 08-18-2015 11:40 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:34 AM.


© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.