SE RX-8 Forum Serving NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, TN

Golfers in Clearwater?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 10:04 AM
Registered Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Golfers in Clearwater?

This past weekend I noticed a few 8s in the parking lot at Clearwater Country Club. Saturday there was a Titanium Grey, and Sunday a Nordic Green. Mine was the V-Red parked either up by the crossover between 2 and 3, or next to club champs' spaces.
Anybody want to identify themselves and talk about my two favorite passions?
Old 04-11-2005, 10:05 AM
Humpin legs and takin nam

I was a member at CCC 2 years ago.. I haven't been back this year though. Do you golf there often?

Do you know Hugo?

I usually get the paradise card and play those courses.. I haven't gotten it this year though. I really suck at that game!
Old 04-11-2005, 12:43 PM
Registered Rep

Thanks for the reply, Guy.
I normally play there Sat. and Sun. mornings, on Saturdays with the MOB, and on Sundays with a group of eight that gets the first tee times out. Though I'm not a member, both groups are composed of members and non-members. I think I've been playing with the Mob for over 15 years now!
It's a nice course, not too pricey for a greens fee player, they allow me to walk, and I really enjoy the groups I play with. I'm currently playing to an 8 hcp.
I bought my 2004 8 used with 9.5k miles just before Christmas last year. What a great car! I find the trunk holds my powered, walking cart and my golf bag just perfectly. And what a rush to drive! Really wakes me up on the way to the course. My commute to the club is a 20 minute ride from my home near Lake Seminole.
I don't know Hugh, but I'm friends with Eric the pro, Charlotte in the pro shop, players Rob Goodell, Val Hazell, Joe Clay and others. Whats your story?
Old 04-11-2005, 12:59 PM
Humpin legs and takin nam

I used to live nearby there. I started golfing in 2001, and in 2002 I got an associate membership there. I golfed there on weekends and almost every day after work. Hugo is from the netherlands and works there part time. I have met Eric, and I know the other pro there.. I forget his name right this second though.

I do like that course. It's inexpensive and they keep it in good shape!

I got my rx8 back in nov of 2003, Titanium grey.

Do you play at any other courses? Have you tried World Wood, Celebration, or (i forget the name of the other course in orlando)

Originally Posted by JonsToy
Thanks for the reply, Guy.
I normally play there Sat. and Sun. mornings, on Saturdays with the MOB, and on Sundays with a group of eight that gets the first tee times out. Though I'm not a member, both groups are composed of members and non-members. I think I've been playing with the Mob for over 15 years now!
It's a nice course, not too pricey for a greens fee player, they allow me to walk, and I really enjoy the groups I play with. I'm currently playing to an 8 hcp.
I bought my 2004 8 used with 9.5k miles just before Christmas last year. What a great car! I find the trunk holds my powered, walking cart and my golf bag just perfectly. And what a rush to drive! Really wakes me up on the way to the course. My commute to the club is a 20 minute ride from my home near Lake Seminole.
I don't know Hugh, but I'm friends with Eric the pro, Charlotte in the pro shop, players Rob Goodell, Val Hazell, Joe Clay and others. Whats your story?
Old 04-11-2005, 03:51 PM
Registered Rep

We're really blessed to live in an area like this with great wether and fabulous golf courses!
I'm a self-taught golfer, who started playing in 1970 so I could keep my little brother company (my parents had sent him to golf camp for the summer) on the golf course. It never ceases to amaze me how little I know about game , even after having played it for 35 years. It giveth and it taketh away!
Great couses abound in this area. I list them as follows:

Pinellas Area:
Innisbrook (Copperhead and Island), Belleair, Bayou Club, Bardmoor, Dunedin, Westchase, Fox Hollow

Tampa Area:
Tampa Palms, Hunter's Green, Cheval, Eagles, TPC of Tampa Bay

Orlando Area:
Grand Cypress, Champion's Gate, Orange County National, Reunion

Misc. Area:
World Woods, El Diablo, Mission Inn, Black Diamond Ranch

That said, I normally play at Clearwater on the weekends. Every once in a while we'll put a little trip together and find a place to play outside of Florida. We've got a group heading to Alabama to play some of the Robert Trent Jones Trail later this month. They're all supposed to be excellent courses. I'll let you know how it goes.