Notices
Europe Forum Area just for 8 owners across the pond.

Help

Old 03-20-2019, 01:28 PM
  #1  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help

Hi, i'm nikop96. I'm new on the forum, so forgive me if i have posted in wrong place, and for my bad english. I'm 22 years old university student from italy and i want to buy a new car. I falt in love with the rx-8 from 13 years, and now i have the possibility to buy a used one. I love the line of the car and the wankel motor. But i have still doubts. My parents will pay the assicuration and the taxes, but i will pay the manteniment. On the internet i have read that this is the awful part of rx-8. I thinked to ask directly to rx-8 possessors. The car have 100000km and is from 2005. I desire to know what problem i can find in manteniment, if is sustenible for a student, and most important befor buying what question i should ask to the vendor, and on which part of the car i shoul take a good look. I will use the car to go to university, on the week-end for short travel like go to the pub or restourant, same time for little service, like supermarket, and rarely for big travel on highroad. Thanks a lot, i hope you can help me.
nikop96 is offline  
Old 03-20-2019, 01:38 PM
  #2  
You gonna eat that?
iTrader: (1)
 
BigCajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kansas City, Mo.
Posts: 4,579
Received 805 Likes on 628 Posts
https://www.rx8club.com/members/bse50-40102/Welcome.

You might try a PM to member bse50.
He's very knowledgeable and Italian.

Last edited by BigCajun; 03-20-2019 at 01:42 PM.
BigCajun is offline  
Old 03-20-2019, 04:07 PM
  #3  
转子之魂
 
UnknownJinX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,331
Received 347 Likes on 315 Posts
Click on the links in my signature.

In general I don't think this car is for a uni students unless you have someone paying for the maintenance. If it's your first car, it's really a better idea to buy a used Corolla and Civic and start learning DIY there.
UnknownJinX is offline  
Old 03-22-2019, 12:47 PM
  #4  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you very much, i will.
nikop96 is offline  
Old 03-22-2019, 12:48 PM
  #5  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Click on the links in my signature.

In general I don't think this car is for a uni students unless you have someone paying for the maintenance. If it's your first car, it's really a better idea to buy a used Corolla and Civic and start learning DIY there.
[color=left=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]So you advise me not to take an rx-8.[/color][color=left=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)] [/color][color=left=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Sadness, my father also recommended the same thing to me.[/color][color=left=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)] [/color][color=left=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I will continue to look at the poster I have in my room, dreaming of being able to drive it soon.[/color][color=left=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)] [/color][color=left=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]thanks for the advice, the civic was one of my choices.[/color]
nikop96 is offline  
Old 03-22-2019, 05:08 PM
  #6  
You gonna eat that?
iTrader: (1)
 
BigCajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Kansas City, Mo.
Posts: 4,579
Received 805 Likes on 628 Posts
Originally Posted by nikop96 View Post
[color=left=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]So you advise me not to take an rx-8.[/color][color=left=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)] [/color][color=left=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Sadness, my father also recommended the same thing to me.[/color][color=left=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)] [/color][color=left=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I will continue to look at the poster I have in my room, dreaming of being able to drive it soon.[/color][color=left=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)] [/color][color=left=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]thanks for the advice, the civic was one of my choices.[/color]
Your last post was a mess.
Did you take my advice and PM bse50?
BigCajun is offline  
Old 03-22-2019, 05:10 PM
  #7  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BigCajun View Post
Your last post was a mess.
Did you take my advice and PM bse50?

Yes, i do.
nikop96 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
SANTI
Series I Trouble Shooting
12
12-29-2010 06:26 PM
Rotary man
Series I Trouble Shooting
12
06-26-2008 12:14 AM
Rotary man
Series I Tech Garage
5
06-23-2008 12:19 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.