Notices
RX-8 Multimedia/Photo Gallery Share your pics,videos or links to them.

pics - RX-8 Limited Shinka Edition - better pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2004, 05:37 PM
'RX-EIGHT'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting colour.... looks black, looks purple, looks brown.....
Old 11-11-2004, 05:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SExy...dead sexy..=)
Old 11-11-2004, 05:46 PM
Shifty Bastard.

I fair dinkum can't believe anyone would pay EXTRA to buy a car as tasteless as this....
Old 11-11-2004, 05:54 PM
DRIVEN

pretty nice !
Old 11-11-2004, 05:57 PM
THREAD KILLER

Greaaat... quit screwing with ***-coloring this car and get it to go faster Mazda! Stupid kids and their crayon
Old 11-11-2004, 05:59 PM
RainMan is Back

It's not too far overboard but I would have preferred more performance over panache...

Old 11-11-2004, 06:04 PM
DRIVEN

I like the center console siding
Old 11-11-2004, 06:16 PM

I think I'll stick with my winning blue, plus I don't like all the chrome. It just tries to put up too much Bling. I rather have them lighten the wieght of the car and update the suspension, something like the way honda made a differnece between the integra and the integra type R.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:40 PM

Egads. The RX-8 has caught the Miata disease. Special edition after special edition. That brownish color (merlot) is also on quite a few Miatas.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:48 PM
Get in ma belly!!

Not a fan!! Looks bland to me.

- Irish
Old 11-11-2004, 06:53 PM
Giant Space Hamster

Oh my, if I didn't know that was a special edition, I'd think a pimp bought himself an RX-8! Does it come with fuzzy dice?
Old 11-11-2004, 07:12 PM
Shifty Bastard.

Originally Posted by nojooc
Interesting colour.... looks black, looks purple, looks brown.....
Get off the fence nojooc, you hate it like the rest of us! I'm gonna start a new thread.....stay tuned.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:36 PM
100% Italian

that color and interior doesn't work for me

bring the strato mica blue or whatever instead
Old 11-11-2004, 07:40 PM
Shifty Bastard.

Rightio Boys and Girls, I've started a poll. Vote here!

Gomez.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:51 PM

Voted...
Old 11-11-2004, 08:46 PM
second car is a broom

Artsy

Wait a sec guys, from an artistic perspective, the black cherry will find an appreciative audience. I like it. The exterior has lots of potential. In some lighting conditions, the black cherry will have same "is it or isn't it black?" effect as the dark green. It will take direct light to distinguish the green from the cherry from the true blacks.

I'm not impressed with the flow of color from ex to in. The parchment interior is much too cold a color to coordinate well with either the exterior redviolet or against the black dash/charcol fiber and what have you. Just be thankful Mazda didn't try the chapperal mix. With redviolet exterior, anything in saddle brown would be naseous'ness personified...

Was out for parts at dealership this pm. Took a stroll specifically to look at colors that weren't on the lot when I bought mine in Sept 04. Today saw 04 and 05s in various combinations of greenish/black, titanium, silver, red and pure black but no white nor blue. I liked something about all the combinations. Thought maybe Titanium would have been a better choice because it seems an easier color to care for.

After a 40 minute intense perusal of color, was genuinely relieved to learn that black on black was truly the most comfortable for me. I got it right the first time. The more feral it looks, the better I relate. Hmmmmm.. No doubt Freud would do something with that...

H
Old 11-11-2004, 08:57 PM

Nice leather job on the seats.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:05 PM
Shifty Bastard.

Hespra, the car is only available as a package. You can't separate the interior from the exterior (BTW, I don't like the exterior chrome highlights, or the black cherry).

Buyers aren't able to select a black interior, or have delete options. It's take it ,or leave it. IMO, Mazda are devaluing the brand by placing this pimpmobile in the marketplace. If it was just a new colour, I'd be fine with it.

Gomez.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:46 PM
'RX-EIGHT'

We just have to face the fact that Mazda has released a "limited edition" Rx8 that only comes in a unique colour combo, it is the first, but definitely won't be the last.

Just look at how many different MX5 "limited edition" models there have been over the years..... at the end of it all, who really gives a f*** except those that own one.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:01 AM
in love with curves

Interior is more luxury and pedestrian oriented...give me alcanthra and a supercharger and I'll call it a special edition.
Old 11-12-2004, 02:00 AM
second car is a broom

color *passion*

OK guys, trying to keep up with the new words.... *Alcanthra* is not in my Webster's 1985 dictionary...no suprises there. Found two jpgs on the web with alcanthra in the description: one, a two-seater sports car (make unknown to me) and the other a specific quilt pattern. The sports car was tomato red with same color combined with grey seats. Upholstery design along the general lines as the RX-8. Therefore, I'm guessing you're not referring to quilt art but rather the multiple color upholstery. Right?

The word *alcantara* took me to an Italian site where this particular type of trademarked fiber found in all sorts of European cars----each decked out in multiple colored interiors. Most notably to me, at that moment, a stunning silver Mercedes SL-CLASS-AMG with a midrange purple interior. If I can figure out how to attach a jpg of that design here, I will.

The gentleman who thought redviolet should be relegated to pimpmobile status seemed to have a strong reaction to that particular hue. The Alcantara folks described their red interiors thusly:

"Passionate Reds
The color of fire and blood, intimately linked to life's most basic elements, is number one for many people. There is the nocturnal red, feminine, sensual and magnetic; daylight red is masculine and turbulent, powerful and invigorating. Red represents ardor and beauty, the impulse towards generosity and impetuousness. It is lust and power, love and satisfaction."

So....there's sex in red. No doubt about that.... the blue-reds appear to be sensual and magnetic while the yellow-reds appear to be masculine and turbulent.

At this point I guess I'm hoping that whatever the color(s) the 8 evolves we will accept those cars and their owners into the fold. Speaking for myself, if I read that my car was branded as the above mobile because I brought something in redviolet and chrome, I could (1) conclude at the get-go that I don't belong in this group or (2) tell you them's fightin words....

OK. I'm shutting the f**k up now.
H
Old 11-12-2004, 02:09 AM
'RX-EIGHT'

Eh, Alcantara (sp?) is a fake suede like material I thought?
Old 11-12-2004, 02:15 AM
second car is a broom

nocturnal bluereds

http://www.alcantara.it/english/auto...automotive.htm

There is an English translation at above site. In the car-interiors section, look for the Silver Mercedes with flat-out purple interior. If that don't put a knot in your knickers.....
Wa-hooooo......:p H

Old 11-12-2004, 02:24 AM
'RX-EIGHT'

Just had a look on the site and have managed to work out that "Alcantara" is not only the company name but the name of the fabric/textile (much like Sony with Walkman).

Alcantara is described as :

"suede in appearance and unmistakably soft"

Just what I thought it was, a man made suede substitute.
This is the same material which lines the Recaros in the DC5 Type R.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: pics - RX-8 Limited Shinka Edition - better pics