Notices
RX-8 Discussion General discussion about the RX-8 that doesn't fit in one of the specialty forums.

Dealer Scratched MY f*** Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 12:54 PM
Realtor1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Dealer Scratched MY f*** Car

I a tail light replaced because of water on the inside. I get to work this morning and noticed that whoever did the job scratched the bumper. It looks like they unscrewed the nuts on the light assembly and let the light dangle on the bumper while they unclipped the terminals to the bulbs.

It seems light everytime I go into what ever shop they scratch my car. When I was a tech. I dont remember every doing that.
Old 12-08-2004, 12:56 PM
Mentalhealth is overrated

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by subduedracer
I a tail light replaced because of water on the inside. I get to work this morning and noticed that whoever did the job scratched the bumper. It looks like they unscrewed the nuts on the light assembly and let the light dangle on the bumper while they unclipped the terminals to the bulbs.

It seems light everytime I go into what ever shop they scratch my car. When I was a tech. I dont remember every doing that.

Bummer..what color is your car?
Old 12-08-2004, 12:59 PM

i would say take it back to the dealership and have them buff it out.but a friend on mine did that and they burned the paint in several places . i would show this too them and have them pay the bill to have it buffed out by a pro.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:16 PM
Realtor1

My Rx8 is yellow. I went and spoke with the service manager. He tried to tell me that the ticket on the car said it had scratches on it before they did the tail light. I called bullshit and let him know that I clean this car 3-4 times a week and its in a garage most of the time. He said they could buff it. I said no f** way your buffing it. I'll clay bar it this weekend and do a little 800 grit sanding on the bumper. Then I'll buff it myself. It just sucks that you pay 30k for a car and the shop lets the hourly shop boy work on it.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:16 PM

Mine got all scratched up just from an oil change.....was furious with the dealer and got all scratches out......speak up and they will kiss your feet
Old 12-08-2004, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by djvelocitee
Mine got all scratched up just from an oil change.....was furious with the dealer and got all scratches out......speak up and they will kiss your feet
becareful they will use colored wax to fill in the sratches them after you wash it 3-4 times they come back.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:23 PM
Realtor1

Thats why I'm doing it myself. I normally on let them do thing under warranty that I can't do. I do everything else though. Its just crasy that they can't do something simple with out f** it up.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by 8's enough
becareful they will use colored wax to fill in the sratches them after you wash it 3-4 times they come back.

I never though of that.....damn.....it was fixed 11 days ago.....im gonna keep my eyes open.....i damn well hope they didnt or i will loose it....Thank!
Old 12-08-2004, 01:55 PM
Realtor1

I sure that they did it the way it took less work
Old 12-08-2004, 01:57 PM
Realtor1

I think I will just have to try to keep my car out of the shop and those monsters. I plan on doing a Spring freshen up on the 8. Paint rotor/calipers, paint hood/front fenders/bumpers, and paint seal and 3m film.
Old 12-08-2004, 02:54 PM

It just sucks that you pay 30k for a car and the shop lets the hourly shop boy work on it.

Been there . They had a kid work on mine and he destroyed the apperance pkg becasue when he brought the car up . He placed the lift arm underneth the side skirt.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:33 PM
Realtor1

I called Mazda North America. They are getting the local rep involved over my headlight issues with inside film. I can't look at the damage anymore, I get so pissed off I can't do anything. To the people who work on the cars in most shops there just cars. They forget that they are more than just a car to the owners. I look at my car like its one of my children. I hate that I have to live with it until its painted. Hopefully I can keep this from happening again.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:57 PM
Get in ma belly!!

Originally Posted by Pete
Been there . They had a kid work on mine and he destroyed the apperance pkg becasue when he brought the car up . He placed the lift arm underneth the side skirt.
Hey Pete... I remember that!! Did they fix/replace your apperance package for you?

- Irish
Old 12-08-2004, 06:11 PM
Lawyer in training :)

I think I will just have to try to keep my car out of the shop and those monsters.
If you're still under warranty, just take it to a different dealer to get any work done. You might want to check the Good Guy/Bad Guy section first.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:42 PM

I called Mazda North America. They are getting the local rep involved over my headlight issues with inside film. I can't look at the damage anymore, I get so pissed off I can't do anything. To the people who work on the cars in most shops there just cars. They forget that they are more than just a car to the owners. I look at my car like its one of my children. I hate that I have to live with it until its painted. Hopefully I can keep this from happening again.

Does anyone have a number to contact Mazda other then the number on the Mazda web site for cutomer assistance. They just refer me back to the dealer. I have asked the dealer to have Mazda contact me three times but know one does.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:45 PM
NW enthusiast

Howard

At work I have a phone number they gave me. I asked for a # to talk to someone about customer retention issues, and other such things. I don't have it here. email me at drtoothfixer@yahoo.com and I'll get ya the number they gave me.

Trevor
Old 12-08-2004, 09:55 PM

My dealership dented mine.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:53 AM
ZOOM ZOOM

it could be worse at least it was just a scratch chck out his link....
https://www.rx8club.com/rx-8-multimedia-photo-gallery-6/xdeedubbsx-crash-pix-%3D-46440/

as far as the headlight concern, Im a litle surprised they will not replace it under warranty. we have replaced a few headlights as well as a few brake lights assy. Also the phone number for customer support with Mazda is (800) 222-5500 but remember Mazda can only talk to the dealer they can not force the dealer to do anything. they dealer is not Mazda owned they are indepenently owned an operated they just supply the Mazda product, just like buying groceries, you cant blame Green Giant or call Green Giant if you have a problem with a grocery store. All they can do is ask the dealer to take care of it.