You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access
to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join RX8Club.com today!
I cant make the 27th, but i'll be there on the 5th with my focus.
$20 to run as a novice, and you can have an instructor in the car with you as well.
Here is some info i'm grabbing from focaljet.com
"There is this huge MUM festival going on in Bristol, CT. On that same day in one location there is
1) CARTCT.com autocross that you can come run or watch
2) Antique Auto Car Show, the upper level of the parking lot from where the autocross will be.
3) Minor's Farm, 436 Hill Street, Bristol
Sunday, October 5th
11am-2pm - Free horse rides & petting area (charge for rides after 2pm)
12Noon -5th Annual Diaper Derby
(See who's the fastest crawler in town)
12Noon-4pm - CT Crankin' Yanks
(Model T Fords) & Antique Tractor
1pm - 7th Bristol Boys' & Girls Club "KISS A PIG" Contest
3pm -"Magic Moments" the magic of Bob Meyer
4pm - Kid's Pie Eating Contest
All Weekend 11am-5pm
* Pumpkin Picking (FREE hayride)
* Fence Maze
* Pedal Tractor riding
* Loads of inflatable games
* Train and Fire truck
* Special character visits
* Victoria's Vittles Barn - Cider slush, candy apples, fudge, cookies etc.
We will be there all day, autocross starts around 10am, parking is everywhere.
Visit the site for more details. Bring the family. Its for everyone. If you want to run in the autocross, its $20, you need a helmit or borrow one from a friend, at least snel 95, open faced or closed, motorcycle, etc. And be there by 8am. Thats only if you want to race."
1. I84 West to Route 6 exit.
2. Continue on Route 6 for about 6 miles into Bristol.
3. Turn right at Mix Street (Look for signs for Giamatti Little League Center. Dunkin Donuts is on the corner!
4. Travel about 4.3 miles. Mix Street changes names a few times and finally becomes James C. Casey - Note: There is often a detour for the Bristol Soapbox Derby - Just follow the detour signs.
5. After the 4.3 miles, at the first light (Apple Farm is on the left corner) continue straight.
6. The lot is .4 miles (3rd driveway)
From New York:
1. I84 or I95 to Route 8 North.
2. Take Exit 39 - Route 6 East towards Bristol / Terryville.
3. Travel about 4.4 miles until a set of railroad tracks.
4. Take a left at the traffic light after the tracks onto Clark Ave.
5. Travel about 1.25 miles on Clark - Warning - the street takes sharp right turn - very dangerous corner!)
Thanks for the info demonfire.....I think I'll try to make the trip from Jersey to give my 8 it's first breakin before next springs autox. Is their a website for the autox that weekend? Didn't see a link from the URL for the mumfestival.
Originally posted by mikeb I need directions from CA j/k
Southern? 5 to 80 (east), 2-3 days later head north on Garden State to 287, across the Tappan Zee to 684 north to 84 east, exit at Bristol, exit #31 I think. (j/k) Man I'd love to do that drive in my 8. ;-)
of course, if you have NAV, I wouldn't need to tell you this - I don't have it :-(
That's where ESPN and Lake Compounce is right? Too bad I'm busy both days. :-(
__________________ Black/Black Touring 6MT since 13Aug2003