You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access
to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join RX8Club.com today!
Well, we've pulled off another big one for VIR this year, in addition to our normal giveaways, Piloti Shoes, Grand-Am swag, etc, team meet and greets, paddock tours. We've negotiated with VIR and look what we have come up with.
April 23-25, 2010
Special Offer to Car Clubs
(note: 10 or more from your Club must enter to qualify)
The Bosch Engineering 250 is the perfect place for a Car Club to attend as a group for some great racing and VIR hospitality. Car Clubs that purchase tickets to the Bosch Engineering 250 online in advance using a discount code provided to that club will get:
• $35 3-day ticket (regularly $50 in advance and $60 at gate)
• Special car corral parking area (special parking for qualifying clubs will be in the paddock on Sunday!)
• Touring laps for each club behind the pace car (time to be determined)
• Each club participant will be entered to win additional prizes from VIR and its sponsors
• Photo session with the VIR Girls
• One meal coupon for each ticket purchased on Saturday and Sunday that can be redeemed for breakfast or lunch at the Pagoda grille
• 10% discount on go-karting (and preferential booking for go karting in advance)
• Meet and greet session with select Grand-Am drivers
• Cars from each club will be judged with special prizes for winners
• One member per club (selected by the Club) will be entered into the Friday evening Bosch Engineering/VIR Pro-Am go-kart race to benefit Camp Boggy Creek getting to race with and alongside Grand-Am drivers
• One member per club (selected by the Club) will be entered into the VW Gymkhana to represent their club in the Gymkhana in VW GTIs for additional prizes
• Special prize to the Club that has the most entrants
• Special prize to the Club that travels the greatest distance
You can't beat this deal with a stick!!! You remember that it was us, that beat out the other clubs and we got to grid the cars, this past fall. So, lets get the numbers up again and represent Mazda!
We can hold a raffle to determine who gets to participate in the karting and gymkhana event to be fair. See you all @ VIR
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members. Register your free account today and become a member on RX8Club.com!
This is AWESOME!!! Great job Marlon, I will there the entire weekend...as always!
Please let all of the Carolina folks know, as we want to exceed what we had last year and we do not want the APR VW folks beat us as well. If you can let John know of the CVMC, that we need as many Mazda folks as possible.
I am working on getting a code for the Corral. Depending on the number of Mazdas that show up, I can ask for more swag from Grand-Am and the teams etc.
Hopefully we'll have the ticket code later this week.
We have reserved a 15 block of rooms @ the Days Inn in South Boston, VA. Here is the pertinent information:
Days Inn: 2050 Philpott Rd (Hwy 58 West & US 501) So. Boston VA, 24592
Confirmation #: 6768627
Group: Mazda Club
Rates(based Double Occupancy) $67.50 King size Non-Smoking (you can ask for smoking)
$67.50 for 2 Double Beds Non-Smoking (you can ask for smoking)
$50.40 for a Single Double Bed-Non-Smoking ( you can ask for smoking) Call 877-361-361-2506 for reservations-must make reservations before 04/03/2010.
Guys and gals, I have just got off of a conference call with my contacts @ Grand-Am Marketing, here is what we are looking at for our Mazda Corral.
1. 4-pair of Piloti Shoes
2. 2-Conti Challenge Flags & 2 Rolex Flags
3. Freedom Autosport T-Shirts 2
4. I-Moto T-shirts-2-4
5. Racers Edge T-Shirts-2 & hats-2
6. Pace car rides
7. Tech Talks with Jeff Smallwood
8. Pirelli Tire Tech Talk
9. Grand-Am Swag
10. 2010 Daytona 24 Hours Mazda RX-Posters (limited edition)-4
11. Mazdaspeed Calendars-for all
12. NASA Mid-Atlantic Region Hyperdrive Gift Certificates-2 (HPDE 30 min. classroom session & 1/2 hour in car instruction @ VIR)
That is what I have so far, we will continue to try add more as we get closer to the event.
Well, I'm back in the game, got "Kelci" back yesterday...she's like a whole new car. Throttle response is better, the idle is better...no complaints so far.
Glad to hear everything is good Nic. Everything is going well with the corral, we have more Mazda owners coming from all over. Also, we will have our own Group on the Grand-Am website shortly, we have a forum, but we are still working on a few things.......
I got my reservation set for just Saturday night as I will be staying at the track Friday night. So, I guess I'll see you all at the hotel. I only have to work Fri and Sat with the team so I will be able to hang out with everyone on Sun.
FOR SALE:'04 TiGray MT parts car
Current ride: 2010 Celestial Blue MS3, Corksport SRI/TIP