Notices

Removing Dealer Logos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 05:45 PM
SEMPER UBI SUB UBI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Removing Dealer Logos

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to remove those damn Dealer logos on the back of my car? I know i could just rip it off, but i dont want to damage the paint. ITs just so damn ugly, imo.

THanks
Old 11-02-2003, 06:09 PM
Registered

hair dryer. If you warm up the sticky stuff enough, you should be able to peel them off CAREFULLY with nothing left on the car.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:00 PM
Prodigal Wankler

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Since the dealership (presumably) installed them without your consent, present them with an invoice for the first 12 months advertising space rental on your vehicle, payable in advance. Allow them to remove said advertising should they not wish to pay.

Seriously, if they put the **** on there without consulting you, then you should demand that they remove it again. The fact that you accepted the car with it on in the first place does make your position less tenuable (this is one thing that I always check before taking delivery), but there's no harm in trying a bit of bluff and bluster.
Old 11-02-2003, 09:44 PM

Make the dealership remove it. Several states have already set a precedent deciding a dealership must remove them if you ask them to. And it is because of the 'free advertising' so to speak. Take it back, and let them handle it. If they mess it up, it falls on them, not you.
Old 11-02-2003, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Most come off with a heat gun, or if you're patient, a blow dryer. Just warm them up (carefully so as not to burn the paint!) and gently peel them off. Clean up the remaining goo with Goo Gone or Acetone (nail polish remover).

In the case of those that have posts, and require drilling into the body to install, a body shop will have to remove them then fill the holes and fix the paint. A several hundred dollar job at best. If your dealership used these type of logos, I'd insist the dealership remove them.
Old 11-02-2003, 10:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by eccles
Since the dealership (presumably) installed them without your consent, present them with an invoice for the first 12 months advertising space rental on your vehicle, payable in advance. Allow them to remove said advertising should they not wish to pay.

Seriously, if they put the **** on there without consulting you, then you should demand that they remove it again. The fact that you accepted the car with it on in the first place does make your position less tenuable (this is one thing that I always check before taking delivery), but there's no harm in trying a bit of bluff and bluster.
From my experience buying new cars off the lot vs ordering a car, most cars on the lot have the logo stickers and/or other advertising on them, but when you order a car the only advertising they will put on are easily removable license plate holders.
Old 11-02-2003, 11:07 PM
SEMPER UBI SUB UBI

tHanks for the info. Since I bought it off the lot, I dindt have an option to have it on or off, but it's not that big of a deal, its just ugly. I will try the blow dryer. I dont think I want to go throught the hassel of asking them to remove it.

THANKS!!!!
Old 11-03-2003, 01:01 AM
Prodigal Wankler

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by red_rx8_red_int
when you order a car the only advertising they will put on are easily removable license plate holders.
I actually don't mind wearing a Mazda South plate frame - especially their new ones with the "Fast, Fun & Cool" logo, but I do object to logos on the bodywork.
Old 11-03-2003, 01:08 AM

Goo Gone

Try using the hair dryer and if any sticky residue is left behind use Goo Gone or a product just like it. It will remove any type of glue of sticky substance without harming the paint. Then just wash that section when finished.
Old 11-03-2003, 03:47 PM
Y'llNotSeeNothinLikeIt

If you happen to be getting the Zaino kit anyway, claybar works great on those stickers.
Old 11-03-2003, 06:40 PM
SEMPER UBI SUB UBI

Thanks all for the replys! I removed it today with the hair dryer. Looks waaaaaay better. I admit the dealer logo wasnt thaaaat bad, but it is much better without it.

:-D

will zaino make a Silver RX-8 noticeably shinier? I've noticed that it works better on dark cars.

Last edited by alphapenguin; 11-04-2003 at 10:29 AM.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Zaino, or you could have the entire car chromed. :D
Old 11-04-2003, 05:09 PM

Originally posted by alphapenguin
Thanks all for the replys! I removed it today with the hair dryer. Looks waaaaaay better. I admit the dealer logo wasnt thaaaat bad, but it is much better without it.

:-D

will zaino make a Silver RX-8 noticeably shinier? I've noticed that it works better on dark cars.
what did you do with the holes that the logos left behind?
Old 11-04-2003, 06:56 PM

how long did the blow dryer take? and how did u go about taking it off
Old 11-04-2003, 07:47 PM
Registered

Originally posted by energie
what did you do with the holes that the logos left behind?
In this case, I think he meant the dealer stickers. Not the Mazda badging.
Old 11-04-2003, 11:10 PM
SEMPER UBI SUB UBI

I just let it warm it up for about 2 minutes, then I just pealed it off. I should have probably heated it a little more, but it came off pretty easily. Well I had to tug a little, but only a little bit of the adhesive was left behind, I hearted that up too, and carefully rubbed it off. I like it so much more now;-D. Yah no holes. Dealer symbols they put on just use adhesive.
Old 11-05-2003, 02:16 PM

dental floss works. work the floss under the corner of the emblem, then pull the floss under the emblem. it amy take a few lengths of floss.
Old 11-05-2003, 02:23 PM

Originally posted by rotaryDemon
dental floss works. work the floss under the corner of the emblem, then pull the floss under the emblem. it amy take a few lengths of floss.
that's not going to work for the dealer sticker ( I am assuming your dealership sticker is actually just a sticker

on the other hand, if you want to remove the mazda logos, etc, all you'll need is a heatgun/blow dryer, heat it up and yank gently. but you'll need to patch the holes that the emblems left behind
Old 11-05-2003, 03:42 PM
SEMPER UBI SUB UBI

Would you really want to remove the factory emlems?
Old 11-05-2003, 03:44 PM

ok this is how i got mine off a credit card and 3m remover and car wax. you will have 3 holes up front and three hole for each emblem you take off in the back. that means you have to fill the holes and re paint and clear coat you trunk and bumper. don't worry about your warrenty, what they don't know won't hurt them.
Old 11-05-2003, 05:06 PM

i think it looks much better

but i can't justify paying 300+ to fill and repaint the holes
Old 11-06-2003, 06:39 AM

tyou could also replace with efini emblems....
Old 11-06-2003, 09:11 AM

Pencil Eraser works well for the stickers.
Old 05-19-2004, 04:08 PM

If its the dealer logo itself (not mazda symbol), its basically glued on with cheap glue type substance. I was going to remove mine with blow dryer and dental floss (would have worked well), but I asked the dealer to take it off. They removed it without a problem or fuss. Its even easier for a few days after they put it on. I almost could pull mine off with my hand, but decided I'd let the dealer deal with any problems if it got screwed up.
Old 05-19-2004, 10:00 PM

This is one of the first things I asked about before I signed the contracts. I said I didn't mind a license plate frame from the dealership (knowing full well I would probably just take it off, although it doesn't look so bad), but I didn't want any dealer lettering on the car. The salesgirl told me they do that anymore. I bet a lot of people have made a fuss about this over the years. Spend 30K on a car and have an ugly ad on my car? I don't think so.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Removing Dealer Logos