Notices
Series I Do It Yourself Forum Wanna save some coin or time/money in the shop? Read up on Do-It-Yourself custom mods and repairs & post your own here.

DIY: Rear window rattle fix!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 11:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DIY: Rear window rattle fix!!

I have been going insane with my drivers' rear window rattling. I have had the car in with Mazda four times for this specific fix!!! They are fully aware of the service bulletin and follow it to the letter. Each of the four times, the rattle disappeared for a day or two, but came back with a vengeance.

As usual, if you want something done right do it yourself!!!

This fix took me like 1 MINUTE to fix. And it works!!!!!! rattle completely gone!!!! :D
------------------------

Simply buy some 0.5cm thick x 2-3cm wide, one sided sponge tape (see pic). ie, sticky on one side only. Cut a strip about 2cm long and 0.4cm wide and attach to the part of the bracket arm that meets the metal on the window near the screw. Bit hard to describe, but i have attached a pic. If this is unclear please respond. You will find if you look after a day or two, that the tape you have fixed, is somewhat compressed, BUT, the the overhang on the upper and lower sections puffs out and provides a thick buffer.
I also strongly recommend keeping the bloody weindow closed, PERIOD!!! (why tempt fate)....just use the air con!!!!
Attached Thumbnails DIY: Rear window rattle fix!!-tape.jpg   DIY: Rear window rattle fix!!-latch.jpg  
Old 07-15-2008, 05:21 PM
Registered Car Nut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm having the dreaded rear window rattle on the driver's side. The picture seems to show the insulated tape going on the glass window, outer edge near the screw, but the instructions say apply the tape to arm that meets the glass near the screw. Anyways, I can't seem to silence the rattle. Need help.