Location (US State/Canada/Int):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (US State/Canada/Int):

Item Condition:

{ FS } 2004 Mazda RX8 Track and Daily Driver (NASA SCCA AutoX)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Mazda RX8 Track and Daily Driver (NASA SCCA AutoX)

Year: 2004
Make: Mazda
Model: RX-8
Price: $11950
Mileage: 145000
Color: Silver
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (US State/Canada/Int): CA

For sale is a 2004 Mazda RX8 built for dual purpose daily driving and track day use. I would consider myself to be an advanced track day driver with some club racing background and consistently run 1:48 to 1:50 lap times at Laguna Seca with this car in track prep (videos of Laguna Seca footage available upon request). In daily driver prep the car rides like stock and has full interior.

This is truly an outstanding car for someone that wants a car they can drive to the track, run very competitive lap times, with full safety features, and drive home again.

Those that know me know that I dont skimp on my cars. This car does and will pass smog.

Asking $11,950; accepting offers. Please don't expect a test drive without proof of ability to purchase. No, you cannot take it to the track to test it out (but good for you for thinking of asking!).

Car Features (i could be missing some stuff too):
2004 Mazda RX8 - 140k miles on the chassis
New engine installed by Mazda at 95,000 (45k on the motor)
RX8 Performance massive radiator with silicone radiator hoses upper and lower
Brand new low temp thermostat (not installed yet)
Brand new Mazda H2O catch can (not installed yet)
Ohlins adjustable coil-over suspension (practically new)
BHR Coils, wires, new NGK plugs
BHR Midpipe (removable); Catalytic converter installed for street use
Racing Beat Aluminum flywheel
ACT Clutch (installed 2016) - i have all the install tools as well
Custom welded TC Design removable rollbar with fully reinforced custom interior mounts
One set of 17x8 Drag Rage R20 Wheels with 50% 235/40/17 Nitto NT05 tires (for street use)
One set of 17x9 Drag DR38 Wheels with 40-50% 255/40/17 Nitto NT01 tires (for track use)
Steel braided brake lines (front)
Hawk HPS brake pads all around (yes, they squeal on the street...)
Goodwin Racing Hood Louvers
Corbeau fixed back seat with Sparco mounting rails with Race Quip 6-point harness (removable)
G-Force Center Net with Sparco strap connected to dash rail
Rumble Strip Predictive Lap Timer DLT1-GPS
Prosport gauges - H20 Temp, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp (frankly I hate these and I'd ditch them if I were you)
Racing Beat Oil Pressure and Oil Temp adapter
Racing Beat H20 sensor adapter
Transmission always has fresh Redline MT-90
Differential always has fresh Redline 75w90ns
Single DIN radio faceplace (radio head unit not included - not shown in pics)
Custom hidden trailer hitch for optional trailer below

OPTIONAL
Harbor Freight trailer with attachments to bring tires and equipment to track.

Current Work In Progress
Below is a list of current work in progress over the next couple of weekends - I am willing to move on price if you are interested in taking the car ahead of this being done.
- Fixing pinhole leak in RX8 Performance Aluminum Radiator
- Bleeding brakes and clutch
- Possibly new slave cylinder
- Install low temp thermostat
- General fluid changes (always way ahead of schedule)
Attached Thumbnails 2004 Mazda RX8 Track and Daily Driver (NASA SCCA AutoX)-00d0d_2t0hmkvgn7p_600x450.jpg   2004 Mazda RX8 Track and Daily Driver (NASA SCCA AutoX)-00k0k_5dotuywailc_600x450.jpg   2004 Mazda RX8 Track and Daily Driver (NASA SCCA AutoX)-img_2767.jpg   2004 Mazda RX8 Track and Daily Driver (NASA SCCA AutoX)-img_2768.jpg   2004 Mazda RX8 Track and Daily Driver (NASA SCCA AutoX)-img_2743.jpg  

2004 Mazda RX8 Track and Daily Driver (NASA SCCA AutoX)-img_2740.jpg   2004 Mazda RX8 Track and Daily Driver (NASA SCCA AutoX)-img_2771.jpg   2004 Mazda RX8 Track and Daily Driver (NASA SCCA AutoX)-img_2770.jpg   2004 Mazda RX8 Track and Daily Driver (NASA SCCA AutoX)-00q0q_lgxgvilgo0q_600x450.jpg   2004 Mazda RX8 Track and Daily Driver (NASA SCCA AutoX)-img_2773.jpg  

2004 Mazda RX8 Track and Daily Driver (NASA SCCA AutoX)-00b0b_ajvkvqjitil_600x450.jpg   2004 Mazda RX8 Track and Daily Driver (NASA SCCA AutoX)-00t0t_fk6sj2mbrvt_600x450.jpg   2004 Mazda RX8 Track and Daily Driver (NASA SCCA AutoX)-img_2769.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.