Location (US State/Canada/Int):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (US State/Canada/Int):

Item Condition:

{ FS } 2004 rx8 6sp manual rebuilt engine HIDs lthr int.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 09:45 AM
kevin@rotaryresurrection

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
TN 2004 rx8 6sp manual rebuilt engine HIDs lthr int.

Year: 2004
Make: Mazda
Model: RX-8
Price: $5900
Mileage: 103500
Color: red
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (US State/Canada/Int): TN

***** SOLD*****

I have for sale an 04 rx8 6 speed manual. This was originally an automatic car but I swapped both the engine and trans etc. The chassis (and original instrument cluster) have 103k miles.

I rebuilt a 6 port manual engine and swapped it in. The engine got B condition used rotor housings, oem apex seals/corner seals/side seals cut to length/springs/main bearings/viton oil control orings/oem coolant seals/atkins thermal pellet. The oil coolers got all their fins straightened and a new -10AN stainless steel oil cooler line replacement kit so you never have to worry about the factory oil cooler pipes rusting and leaking oil. The rebuilt engine has about 75 miles on it so far and runs great. Hot starts take about 2 seconds currently and this will improve with more break in mileage on the engine. The coils and wires were recently replaced from what I can tell but I do not know their exact age or mileage.

The swap also got a new starter, a stainless braided clutch fluid hose, and a reinforced clutch pedal. I installed a VERY nice original shift **** and boot and changed all the pedals, and I swapped in a manual instrument cluster (showing 50k on the odo) so the swap appears stock and no one could ever tell this was not an original manual car. The original auto cluster (showing 103k) is included with sale and will be installed in the car when the owner takes possession for legal reasons (swapping the cluster takes about 90 seconds, no tools, and two harness plugs).

The car has red and black leather with heated front seats and power driver seat. The car has power sliding sunroof and bose 6-cd in dash player stereo. I removed the door panel bose amps for the subwoofers and rebuilt the amps with new relays so they would work again, this is a common rx8 failure. I've just removed and resoldered the HVAC control module to fix the common rx8 temperature control issue and verified that the adjustment works right now by putting it into diagnostic mode.

The car has HID/xenon headlights and factory fog lights. I sanded and polished the headlights clear again so they look nice and improve visibility. I removed all the faded old black trim on the car and repainted it satin black for a cleaner, newer appearance. I polished the chrome exhaust tips. The wheels are very clean with light curb marks and are off a 50k mile car (someone had painted the original wheels on this car ugly flat black). The tires are about 40% tread front and 60% rear dunlop directionals, they will need replaced in a few months or a couple years due to age but they ride fine and should last you spring and summer. Brakes and suspension feel tight and normal. ALL of the original plastics under the front nose of the car are in place and securely attached, a rarity for rx8s these days.

The paint on the rear wing is badly faded and turning gray. Someone has painted all the emblems flat black. There is a small crease and paint scuff on the left corner of the bumper cover that is barely visible. As with all rx8s the passenger side dash airbag cover is cracked significantly. There is mild wear on some interior parts such as scratches on the door panels, wear on the red leather inserts on the seats, and some of the silver paint rubbed off of the center console. I do have another center console from a parts car that the buyer can have if they want it, or it would be easy to repaint the existing center console in the car.

***** SOLD *********

Last edited by RotaryResurrection; 02-18-2017 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:47 AM
kevin@rotaryresurrection

Last edited by RotaryResurrection; 02-01-2017 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:49 AM
kevin@rotaryresurrection

Old 02-18-2017, 03:04 PM
kevin@rotaryresurrection

Sold

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.