2010 RX-8 Sport, Manual, Fresno CA

Sold this morning, Cinco de Mayo baby!

Year: 2010
Make: Mazda
Model: RX-8
Price: $7,800 or best offer
Mileage: 76,899
Color: Black

Selling my 2010 Mazda RX-8 manual transmission with 76,899 miles; bought the car from the first owner family in August 2017.

This car had motor replaced under warranty by the Mazda dealer in November 2018 (last year). Also installed a fresh clutch. Unfortunately I don't have the time anymore to drive this beauty.

Interior is in very good condition (8/10), I have cleaned the cloth interior regularly with a wet carpet vacuum cleaner. Non-smoker. Exterior is in good original condition with various small dings (7/10), also there are signs of a front bra installed by the previous owner.

The car has been well taken care of with regular washing and waxing. I flushed the manual transmission and differential fluid and installed new ignition coils, wires and spark plugs upon initially taking ownership.

Pros:

• Upgraded D585 ignition coils, factory units with low miles also available if interested
  • Recent motor and clutch replacement by Mazda
  • Fullservice records including new tires, new brake pads and replacement splash guards since new
  • Includes a temporary spare
  • California car since new
  • Clean title, no accidents
  • I also have a racing beat resonated mid-pipe (not currently installed).

Cons:

• Floor mats are worn
  • Rear tail light are LED and on driver side has a small number of the LEDs burned out. Light still turns on and brake light works.

The car is in really good condition with no mechanical issues whatsoever. Very original, only the ignition coils are upgraded and I upgraded all the speakers. Air conditioner blows cold and heater blows hot.

Transmission shifts smoothly in all gears, clutch is new (also installed in 11/2018). Base model does not have sunroof and no stability control.

Available for sale now - locally in Fresno/Clovis area. Clean title in hand. Asking $7,800 or best offer.

Last edited by MacAttack; 05-05-2019 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Car is sold
Old 04-29-2019, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 07-24-2019, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what is the lowest you are willing to go for this beautiful car?
Old 07-24-2019, 07:47 PM
No respecter of malarkey

Received 2,006 Likes on 1,635 Posts
It sold already. Please read threads and use some sense before you bump them. The other two you just boosted are from two and three years ago. None of them are still FS.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Likely a scammer -- there has been an influx of posters with:

-Zero post count
-Zero ownership history with RX-8's
-Posting only in F/S threads, with offers to buy a 'car'
-Using unusual but benign first name, last name usernames.
Old 07-25-2019, 01:49 PM
No respecter of malarkey

Received 2,006 Likes on 1,635 Posts
No, we talked by pm, he’s just new here and I let him know it would be better to reach out by pm or email than bump more relevant FS ads down or off the front page. It’s always better to handle it that way regardless, but that’s just the pointless opinion of an old school common sense fool
The following 2 users liked this post by TeamRX8:
bluetii (07-25-2019), UnknownJinX (07-25-2019)
Old 07-25-2019, 02:12 PM
Smoking turbo yay

Received 665 Likes on 591 Posts
Originally Posted by furansu
Likely a scammer -- there has been an influx of posters with:

-Zero post count
-Zero ownership history with RX-8's
-Posting only in F/S threads, with offers to buy a 'car'
-Using unusual but benign first name, last name usernames.
I talked to the other dude that replied to my thread yesterday. He is also legit.

I am agreeing with Team here, it's the best to still assume people are legit. You can always turn it down when you find out it's a scam versus scaring off a potential buyer due to your paranoia.
Old 07-25-2019, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Good to know -- I suppose I'm just callused after so many bad experiences on other sites with fake users.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:26 PM

Taking the opportunity that this thread has been resurrected to ask some advice from the audience (cannot post yet as I am a new user).

I have the choice between a 2004 Velocity Red (looks like a Grand Touring), 66k miles, $6000, looks in great shape and was loved by the owner (but not necessarily maintenance as some of the guys here, just driven and regularly maintained, no premix or whatever...). 2 owners total, last one had it since 2008, not driven in winter, TPMS module issue (draining battery but a battery cut-off switch is installed on the car to mitigate the issue). This is a private sale.

Or a 2009 Sport, pearl white, 50k miles, $9000, from a "used car dealer" (non OEM dealer). 3 owners, looks okay but won't have 11 years history like the other one and probably less clean inside. Maybe issues but won't know before buying.

Usage will be 95% daily driving, 5% track racing, not intending a lot of modification, probably decent fresh suspensions and another set of wheel with race tires.

My current take is that with the first one, I have at least a decent budget right from the start for any engine re-built and the racetrack parts. But second one has an S2 engine and is a Sport, which I read is a better start for any track oriented car.

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-26-2019, 02:32 PM
Smoking turbo yay

If you don't mod a lot then there is no penalty for the S2.

Compression test both engines and decide. I personally would take an S2 over an S1 assuming the compression holds up.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:43 PM

I agree that would be the ideal approach, but given the number of RX-8 that got bought in the past weeks before I could even go and see them and the fact that I don't have a mean of measuring compression at hand, I am afraid that won't be an option and I'll have to go blind on the compression values...
Old 07-26-2019, 06:01 PM
Smoking turbo yay

Originally Posted by D_a_Z_z_Z
I agree that would be the ideal approach, but given the number of RX-8 that got bought in the past weeks before I could even go and see them and the fact that I don't have a mean of measuring compression at hand, I am afraid that won't be an option and I'll have to go blind on the compression values...
Famous last words.

Many people got burnt that way. Ask your local Mazda dealers and rotary specialty shops for options of a rotary-specific compression test.