Notices
RX-8 Parts For Sale/Wanted Parts for sale, NO Vendor Ads.
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (US State/Canada/Int):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (US State/Canada/Int):

{ FS } Idemitsu Rotary Premix in Ontario

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Idemitsu Rotary Premix in Ontario

Category: Engine - Intake/Fuel
Price: $1
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part Fits (you may select multiples): Others, Series I, Series II
Location (US State/Canada/Int): Canada
Item Condition: New

Hi everyone,

I'm not an approved vendor so I didn't want to put this in group buy.

I may have convinced the manager of a NAPA dealer in Pickering, ON to bring in a shipment of Idemitsu Rotary Premix if the order is large enough-either as a regular stock item or as a single group-buy. I told him people normally drive down to Buffalo to get their year's supply so he wants to know the price we typically pay for it and how much we use in a year.

All interested please respond here so I can give him an idea of the demand. Even if Pickering isn't close to you, it's better than driving to the states and paying duties or paying for shipping (and waiting) for eBay.

Happy rotaring!
Old 04-19-2017, 01:31 PM
pcs
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if it helps, I'm usually paying around $6/quart for the premix... look at Mazdatrix's pricing - it's pretty good for idemitsu.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pcs
if it helps, I'm usually paying around $6/quart for the premix... look at Mazdatrix's pricing - it's pretty good for idemitsu.
Thanks!
Old 04-19-2017, 09:31 PM
ZiG
05 GT

$6USD/qt + shipping to the border. Plus gas and my time to go get it. Used just shy of one case last year.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

This is what I paid to have RotaryBum ship to NC.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:44 AM
Registered

You should probably post this in the Canada forum, but I would be interested. Only if it's less than $140 cdn a case though as I can get an equivalent oil for about $120. I go through about 1.5 cases a year.

Last edited by BlackStealth; 04-20-2017 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:11 PM
Registered

Thanks for your response, guys! One more of my friends wants to get in on this. I've also posted on kijiji. Does anyone have an RX7club account they could help us with by posting this? The more people we have, the better the price and higher likelihood there will be of us getting it shipped.

Thanks!
Old 04-22-2017, 01:01 AM
Registered

He is looking into pricing now and will get back to me. Looks like it will likely be a one-time order as opposed to a regular stock item for now.

Will keep you guys posted. Thanks
Old 04-22-2017, 03:25 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm interested! Keep me posted please!
Old 04-23-2017, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For the right price i'd be interested as well. Currently live in Buffalo NY for college and wouldn't mind taking the trip up for food in Markham and premix for my car
Old 04-28-2017, 03:05 PM
Registered

So we have a dozen people interested in buying a case so far. The Napa manager will request pricing on Monday the 1st, so I will call him then. Thanks everyone.

Old 05-02-2017, 12:41 PM
Registered

He's getting his pricing and seeing if it is possible to do it. Should know within a couple of days!
Old 05-02-2017, 05:44 PM
///// Upscale Zoom-Zoom

Received 179 Likes on 156 Posts
Lucas Semi Synthetic 2-stroke oil is by far cheaper, readily available, and meets JASO FD rating for no smoke and residuals. Pourquoi payer plus?
Old 05-03-2017, 12:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wannawankel
Lucas Semi Synthetic 2-stroke oil is by far cheaper, readily available, and meets JASO FD rating for no smoke and residuals. Pourquoi payer plus?
I won't pretend to be an expert, but I do use this right now and I'm switching to Idemitsu: https://lucasoil.com/products/2-cycl...-sea-oil-tc-w3

Idemitsu's product was specifically made for the rotary engine, so factoring in the low carbon, high temperature, lubrication, and contains additives to keep our injectors clean. The one I'm using above meets TC-W3 but not FC/FD...however this one does: https://lucasoil.com/products/2-cycl...ic-2-cycle-oil, but it doesn't meet TC-W3, which I think means that it is just a "low ash" formula...although I haven't had any issues for the short time that I've been using it, I personally want to take the guess work out of it and use the product that has been recommended by so many people on this forum and who I've met on the track.

Thanks for bringing that up, though.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:05 AM
///// Upscale Zoom-Zoom

On the forum many have discussed the TCW-3 specification. It is much higher residual ash or carbon value vs. the JASO FD standard.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:40 AM
///// Upscale Zoom-Zoom

Use what you feel comfortable using.

It appears that Idemitsu is using a slightly lower chain length of hydrocarbons than Lucas but they both meet JASO FC. I compared the composition stated in the sheets and the viscosities/gravity stated in the TDS sheets. Both have detergent and lubricants added. While their pour points (point at which under extreme cold the product begins turning solid) is the same at -39 °C, their flash points are different indicating Idemitsu is using more volatile and flammable components (lower chain lengths) in their mixture. Lucas is likely getting in one cut and blending it with other components while Idemistu is blending 3 hydrocarbon lubricants (light med and heavy).

STIHL is very picky about their 2-cycle oil in their products. HP Ultra is an FD rated blend that I use in all of my STIHL products and never had had issues with the plugs or upper cylinder area having buildup. It's too expensive to use in daily use in my RX8 though.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:08 PM
Registered

Ok folks so the verdict is in...not the best terms unfortunately. His head office will let him do it but they want $156 + tax per case, pre-paid and the delivery time is 4-6 weeks. Looks like it's probably better to drive to Buffalo or use Lucasoil TC-W3 afterall...
I don't know why it's so hard to get this in Canada but if anyone has other re-sellers for a group buy please let me know. If those terms are alright with you, I will put you in touch with the Napa manager but I'll be going a different route. Sorry this didn't work out as we had hoped and thanks for your responses.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:17 PM
Metatron

Received 172 Likes on 130 Posts
PLEASE don't use TCW-3.....

Many people are confused by the terms 'ashless' and 'low-ash' -

Low-ash oil is formulated to burn with minimal ash and deposits - there is no oil better than the JASO FD standard, very hard to meet. ( I have made synthetic oils for the past 30 years)

Ashless oils (TCW-3) are designed NOT to burn at all, they are very heavy molecules that exit the outboard as an oily slime, hence 'no' ash.
The 'W' in the standard is more to do with how well they bio-degrade in a lake.
They are not high performance lubes, and if they do burn, they leave carbon.
That un-burnt slime can also leave deposits, that's why you will never see a TCW engine with a catalyst.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by StealthTL
PLEASE don't use TCW-3.....

Many people are confused by the terms 'ashless' and 'low-ash' -

Low-ash oil is formulated to burn with minimal ash and deposits - there is no oil better than the JASO FD standard, very hard to meet. ( I have made synthetic oils for the past 30 years)

Ashless oils (TCW-3) are designed NOT to burn at all, they are very heavy molecules that exit the outboard as an oily slime, hence 'no' ash.
The 'W' in the standard is more to do with how well they bio-degrade in a lake.
They are not high performance lubes, and if they do burn, they leave carbon.
That un-burnt slime can also leave deposits, that's why you will never see a TCW engine with a catalyst.
Whoa...I did NOT know that. Thanks!
Old 05-09-2017, 10:41 AM
///// Upscale Zoom-Zoom

You rock STEALTHTL. Buy whatever JASO FD rated 2-cycle oil you can find for the least # of loonies. My loons go to Lucas 2-stroke semi synthetic. amazon will actually deliver it to your door so you can spend more time wrenching on the '8.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.