Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (US State/Canada/Int):

Item Condition:

{ FS } 2004 RX-8 (Brand new engine).

Old 06-11-2018, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AR 2004 RX-8 (EDIT: Rebuilt engine, new rotor housings)

Year: 2004
Make: Mazda
Model: RX-8
Price: $5500
Mileage: 1500
Color: Black (Repainted)
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (US State/Canada/Int): AR

First off, some information about the car: 6 speed, 6 port 1500 miles on engine, 214500 on body. I bought this car in October 2017 from a fellow in Kentucky as a roller with a clean title. I pulled the engine, brought it to Kevin Landers at Rotary Resurrection and he rebuilt the engine along with two brand new rotor housings (intermediate plates were B (minor step wear) rated at the point of inspection). The cost was around $3000 and I do have proof of this transaction and pictures of the engine (documentation will be given to potential buyers upon request), etcetera. I installed the engine myself, took all necessary precautions -- replaced anything that didn't function properly such as SSV, tested all solenoids, had injectors cleaned by RC Fuel Injection, flushed radiator, etc. Also replaced several components such as the factory oil coolers (VERY GOOD quality oem used), alternator, water pump, ignition coils, wires, plugs. This engine has been broken in carefully as if I planned to keep the car, I took all the precautions, have premixed, and drove the car very easy for the break-in period. This vehicle has no CELs. The only lights that are on are the coolant cap, the airbag light, and the low tire pressure light (not sure why on this).

The bad thing about the car is the paint. Whoever owned the car before me decided to repaint the car and did a very poor job. The car looks great from a couple feet, but the hood looks terrible, there are scratches, and you can see orange peel in some portions of the paint. It is a very good looking car, but could use a quality paint job. The interior is in good shape and includes an aftermarket stereo installed by the previous owner. The steering wheel seems newish.

The car will come with the wheels and tires on it that I purchased for it: Enkei RPF1 17x9s and Falken 255/40/R17s.
It has a cobb **** and I will also give the buyer a new set of sport rotors and pads from Goodwin Racing that I have yet to install on the car. (I can install these if it will sell the car but it doesn't need them yet).
Put in refrigerant today and the a/c blows cold, it isn't as good as my newer daily but still decent. Not sure how good these cars are supposed to be in terms of a/c, but the a/c made the shift **** shake like crazy a couple times. That was weird.
Any potential buyer is probably asking himself why I would sell this car with a fresh engine and new rotor housings. Well, this car is not my daily and has been garaged since I owned it, but I want an older model GSX-R600 and will trade if the buyer includes cash. The car was fun for a couple of miles after break-in. It wasn't actually my intention to sell this car at all, I'll lose money on it, but I decided that I'll be buying a bike instead.

I have the title in hand and will accept cash only or cash with an older model GSX-R. No other trades accepted. Car will be sold in person, I'll drive to you or you can drive to me and we can arrange something.
Pictures Below. Any serious buyers will be given proof of rebuild by Kevin Landers @ Rotary Resurrection

Last edited by Sythe; 06-13-2018 at 11:14 AM.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:35 AM
Registered

I'll get higher quality pictures of the paint today if I get an opportunity. Reserved.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
What was the original color? White?
Old 06-12-2018, 04:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bluetii
What was the original color? White?
Green Mica or whatever. The previous owner didn't have the door jams painted . But this was to be a track toy really so it didn't matter to me, would be perfect for anyone who wants something relatively inexpensive and track ready.

Last edited by Sythe; 06-13-2018 at 11:16 AM.