Notices
RX-8 Parts For Sale/Wanted Parts for sale, NO Vendor Ads.
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (US State/Canada/Int):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (US State/Canada/Int):

{ FS } 17 inch SSR COMP lightweight forged wheels. $200 for four! SF Bay area, pickup only

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 02:43 PM
ajg
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CA {SOLD} 17 inch SSR COMP lightweight forged wheels. $200 for four! SF Bay area

Category: Wheels & Tires
Price: $200
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part Fits (you may select multiples): Series I, Series II
Location (US State/Canada/Int): CA
Item Condition: Used

Update: _probably_ sold; will update/delete mid July depending on how the deal goes.

A set of four 17x8 (yes 17 inch) authentic SSR COMP wheels. (AKA SSR Type-C)
Forged (sort-of; a SSR specific forge-like process) makes these famously strong and lightweight wheels.

For the street, 17"'s don't look bad at all (I only used them on the street), but I guess the size and the emphasis on light weight make these of more interest to someone with competition/autox use in mind.

I don't have the rim weight handy (can weigh on request for serious interest.) Though I remember when I first got them, each rim + tire combo was over 11 lb lighter than the stock 18's.

These were fitted to an 05 rx8, probably fit other years (you check): 5 x 114 bolt pattern, has centering ring for RX8 hub, offset is ET48.

Cosmetically fine except curb rash on all four.

10 years ago these were $400/wheel (purchased from tire rack). Now, $200 for all four! This is a pretty amazing price for a classic, true performance, wheel - but I know there's rim-rash and that most people will want more than 17" for the street, so I'm setting a 'must-move' price.

Local pickup only; SF bay area.

I've priced this as "a steal", I'd rather send them to the junkyard than negotiate. Sorry.
Attached Thumbnails 17 inch SSR COMP lightweight forged wheels. 0 for four! SF Bay area, pickup only-ssr1.jpg   17 inch SSR COMP lightweight forged wheels. 0 for four! SF Bay area, pickup only-ssr2.jpg   17 inch SSR COMP lightweight forged wheels. 0 for four! SF Bay area, pickup only-ssr3.jpg  

Last edited by ajg; 07-10-2017 at 08:22 PM. Reason: removed bonus offer; sold race ramps separately
Old 07-03-2017, 10:51 PM
ajg
Registered

Tentative deal reached (turns out, there are more auto-x/track guys out there who see this for what they are, than I expected). PM me if you want, but you get on a bit of list until any deal is finalized.

N.b. I just found out, "SSR comp" is the same as "SSR Type-C" (was sold the former, wheel sticker says the latter) - if I had know that I would have asked more (and feel free to offer more) but I'd only think about that if the current deal (with the first to respond) falls through, of course at my original price. But if that falls through, I'll open it up again. In light of the interest, I'd probably solicit bids. But ... these are currently under agreement. Will update if that changes.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:43 AM

Is there any way to ship them??

Interested, but across the country
Old 07-04-2017, 01:48 PM
ajg
Registered

I am deleting this for now since the tenative deal seems likely to close, even if it takes a week or two. I'll re-open on the off chance that it falls through. Thanks everyone for the interest. (Yes, I should have asked quite a bit more, but I'm pleased that these will get some proper use.)
Old 07-04-2017, 01:53 PM
ajg
Registered

Ok, it looks like I need to wait a while to delete. But please consider this sold. Thanks.

Last edited by ajg; 07-04-2017 at 02:06 PM.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:18 PM
Registered

I live in hayward and can get them after work if the buyer backs out
Old 07-10-2017, 08:15 PM
ajg
Registered

sold. Thanks for the interest. Will delete the threat in a minute or two.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:45 AM
Metatron

Received 172 Likes on 130 Posts
Closed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.