Model: RX-8
Price: $3500
Mileage: 63000
Color: Titanium Gray
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (US State/Canada/Int): FL

2005 Titanium Gray RX-8 GT(Manual) $3,500
Located in Indialantic,Florida.
That is about 70 miles East of Orlando and 20 miles South of Cocoa Beach.

Bought Dec/05 one owner ~64k miles

Car was having warm start issues, Needed to finally do the air bag and fuel cell seal recall as I had put off forever, so I opted for a compression check as well. Low and behold…………..it failed as I knew it would(see below). Car runs okay to this day(come drive it), just need to wait 45 minutes after shutting it down to restart and struggles just a bit more to get to redline. I still drive it to work sometimes but I simply do not have the time and patience(bad knees etc.) to either do the seals, have them done, or part the car out. Read that again please………I will NOT entertain parting the car out. You are welcome to do so of course, and I know you can make money, this car is in very good shape except those pesky seals. While it was in the shop getting the airbags done and comp check, two people inquired about it and I have heard from one of them so far.

Compression performed on 12/26 failed
Front rotor = 291rpm, 590, 620, 650
Rear rotor = 297rpm, 690, 690, 680

This car was 100% garage kept, has no rust at all that I can find. I will be taking pics of the interior in a couple of days, but it is immaculate inside.

Before you get all pissy.........The list of extra things on this car is pretty extensive as is the extra parts I have laying around that would be included and that really leads to the $3.5k asking price.
There is no way I expect to get all the money back that I have put into the car, and I have taken that into account. If you want a project car and/or a car to part out(you have the time), or you have a motor, or even want to fix this one........then this is the one you want!

Under the hood:

Revi cold air intake with ram air…………..full set of instructions.

Black Halo Racing ignition system with MSD wires(less than 250 miles on the system), also have a backup set of BHR coils and wires as well(with bracket) but that set probably has ~20k on them. Everyone should have this BHR system!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course I have the instructions.

Just put in a refurbished secondary air injection pump, but really wasn’t needed, so I have a backup pump as well.

Just changed all three VDI, SSV, APV valves while I recently had the UIM off, so I kept the old but I didn’t test them, just changed them out.

Optima Redtop battery, but would suggest replacing it.

MazdaSpeed front strut bar……………….also have the rear strut bar in the trunk. Instructions for both.

Old Mazsport Cooling fan mod, but have instructions and original equip. to put back if wanted, but why…it works. My temps are never over 195 degrees.

Oil catch can(big deal)

Racing Beat Radiator screen…instructions

Racing Beat Oil cooler screens………instructions

Racing beat oil pressure & temperature Sensor adapter with Nordskog senders installed. I will be most likely be keeping the PLX gauges these tie to in the cabin, so you would need your own. But we can discuss. Instructions are present for all and I do have the original Nordskog LED Digital Temp gauge I could throw in. No extra pressure gauge however…..I had one of the two PLX gauges monitoring oil temp and pressure.

Tein Black powder coated hood dampers. Love these!!!!!!! Think I have the instructions, but pretty easy.

In the Cabin:

Richard Paul Axial flow short shifter………..everyone should have one, never be without!!!!!!

Mazda OEM shock sensor alarm(with instructions)

Mazda OEM foot lamp timer kit(with instructions), but I did add on some more LED’s

Mazda JDM illuminated shift **** with instructions(in Japanese, but pictures make due). You would need to get in there and look at intermittent wiring issue if not just parting out. It works but sometime the light cuts in and out.

Mazda JDM leather Ebrake, shifter boot, and center console cover……..these are quite nice! I always kept a towel on top of the center console, so it’s perfect as is with a lot of this car. Japanese instructions, but pictures are nice!

Have stock E-Brake, not sure if I kept stock console cover......need to look.

A lot of lighting in the car has been switched out to blue VLED’s. Have many extras as well and will provide.

I will most likely be taking the PLX OLED gauges out, but I have the dual gauge POD that goes in the driver’s side air vent location and I retained the original vent, so you can have either or both. I just took out the dual gauge pod and put the original vent back in.

Brand new, never taken out of the package clutch pedal assembly. Mine never cracked, but I wanted a backup.

Old Mazport clutch bracket brace(never installed with instructions)

The interior of this car is pristine, garage kept and very well cared for. All Leather interior, no cracking, working sun roof, not faded, etc. Hell, nobody ever sat in the backseats and very rarely was someone in the passenger seat.

On the corners and/or suspension:

KW Variant 3 Coilovers(on car, in good shape, have original box and tools)

Racing Beat front sway bar with upgraded endlinks. Instructions

Racing Beat rear sway bar. Instructions

Racing Brake two piece slotted rotors on all corners. Instructions
<15k on Hawk Ceramic Brake pads all corners

Car has staggered set up(see below). The tires are in really good shape.
245/40R-18 BRIDGESTONE POTENZA RE970AS POLE POSITION XL UPFRONT
255/40R-18 BRIDGESTONE POTENZA RE970AS POLE POSITION XL IN THE REAR

Wheels are HP Racing Designs(have an extra rear wheel), think the offsets are 38. They have some wear after 10 years or so but not terrible.
HP RACING Lightning EVO Dark
Front Wheel Specs: 18x8 - 5x100/114.3/120/112. HPO/MED - Hyper Dark
Rear Wheel Specs: 18x9 - 5x100/114.3/120/112. HPO/MED - Hyper Dark

Racing Beat catback exhaust system……FYI original CAT is in car) Instructions

MazdaSpeed rear wing………..I also have the stock wing in new condition all boxed up. Instructions

Clear side markers with VLED’s. Good place to say that all outside lights are VLED’s of some sort including headlights, parking, fogs, turns, rear, reverse, etc. with lots of extras for you including fogs and headlights.

Shazbot Blue Puddle Lights…………look’em up!

Long sought after triangle LED lower brake light that many want..........see pic.

Random crap:

Front and rear splash guards with side skirts.

Body color matching strakes.

At least one extra sun visor, can’t remember if driver or passenger

All weather floor mats(original perfect cloth ones as well).

Russell Stainless Steel brake lines…………never opened not installed.

Couple of extra TPMS........Ray at BHR has at least one of mine!

Can of Zoom Zoom cleaner………didn’t ever use.

Set of Blue Agency Power Silicone radiator hoses, never installed.

Think I have about 3 qts. of Idemitsu left. I pre-mixed from day one.

5 qts of Enos 75W90 gear oil. Was going to do tranny and diff soon, but haven’t so far.

Door Jamb Switch

Various other little items to include.....will list more if I run across them.

What else is wrong with car:

I believe in being up front and here is what I know are any other issues with the car beside the big one..........compression.

Sticky drivers side door latch will not always operate with the key fob, sometimes it will, sometimes it won’t. It always locks but sometimes I have to open it with the key. Had it looked at while at dealer for the heck of while having airbags done………..thinking it was just a spring, they said $450.00 to repair and I said forget it. It still could be just the spring, but you can fix for far less than $450.00 or might just get in there and fix it.

Info display sometimes goes wonky when over a bump on a cold morning, but didn’t think it was worth getting in there and soldering the connection that is known to be bad on the board.

Car was in very minor fender bender on passenger side front. Cracked the headlamp assembly, bumper was replaced, and hood. All replaced with OEM Mazda parts. See pic of that front.

That's it...........it been a very good car over 12 years and a blast, but with family issues and other things, it's time to move on. I don't have time to baby it anymore.

I will entertain any questions about the car or even the price with the exception of parting stuff out. I just don’t have the time or energy……Sorry.

I am also considering having the motor swapped and/or rebuilt by Pettit Racing in Palm Beach, just don't know even then if I would keep the car. Family situation dictates it might be time to move on.
Attached Thumbnails Project or Part out Car-rx8-3.jpg   Project or Part out Car-rx8-2.jpg   Project or Part out Car-rx8-1.jpg   Project or Part out Car-rx8-4.jpg   Project or Part out Car-new-hood.jpg  

Project or Part out Car-new_lights6.jpg   Project or Part out Car-rx8_photo3.jpg  

Last edited by Mazurfer; 06-13-2018 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Change the title and price
Old 12-30-2017, 08:51 AM
1% evil, 99% hot gas.

Received 129 Likes on 94 Posts
Your compression is fine. Put in a Series 2 starter and it will start every time.
Then you can continue to enjoy the car without reservation.

I had the exact same hot start problem after installing the BHR ignition. It's a know problem with low-compression engines. Installed the S2 starter and have been driving it like I stole it ever since. That was seven years ago. My compression numbers are under 500, yet it just doesn't seem to matter. (If you haven't removed or at least checked the catalytic for plugging or collapse, definitely do that.)

P.S. I lived in Indialantic on Watson drive for a year, and Melboring and Palm Bay for ten years. Worked in Satellite Beach, drove up Riverside every day. I miss the weather.

Last edited by wankelbolt; 12-30-2017 at 08:54 AM.
Old 06-10-2018, 09:51 AM
Surf Hard, Drive Hard

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Car is still with me

Price drop to $3500
Car still runs and I drive it to and from work twice a week.
Am very close to trading it in, but would rather sell to an enthusiast as it has some decent mods.
Lots of little things in the garage would go with it, including an brand new stock spoiler, and all sorts of other goodies. If you have the time to part it out, you could make decent money as it's in that good of shape.
Old 06-10-2018, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your car is almost the same as my current baby but without the cancerous rust (so nicer), interested in swapping my engine in. PM'ed you.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:50 AM
What am I doing here?

Received 649 Likes on 510 Posts
God, if I had $3500 available to me, I'd buy this, swap my current motor in and keep my old car as my parts car...
Old 06-13-2018, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mazurfer
Price drop to $3500
Car still runs and I drive it to and from work twice a week.
Am very close to trading it in, but would rather sell to an enthusiast as it has some decent mods.
Lots of little things in the garage would go with it, including an brand new stock spoiler, and all sorts of other goodies. If you have the time to part it out, you could make decent money as it's in that good of shape.
sent you a message...
Old 06-13-2018, 06:53 PM
Surf Hard, Drive Hard

PM's responded to

All PM's responded to and now I am off to look at the original post and see what else I might have to add that would come with the car. I have a lot of goodies in the garage and still in/on the car I probably didn't list.

I know it was a long *** list, but I had this car since brand new in 2005 and anyone that knows me, knows I kept it very, very clean.

Oh, will post pics of interior, but you won't find a better one.
Attached Thumbnails Project or Part out Car-shift_brake3.jpg   Project or Part out Car-console_lid4.jpg   Project or Part out Car-dual_pod_3.jpg   Project or Part out Car-night_lights5.jpg   Project or Part out Car-night_lights3.jpg  

Last edited by Mazurfer; 06-13-2018 at 07:22 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:08 PM
Surf Hard, Drive Hard

Yes, we have spoken about Watson drive in the past. It is one of my usual stops to check the surf. As you may recall it had that beach access across A1A.
P.S............Cat is good last time I checked, but will do it again.

Dave

Originally Posted by wankelbolt
Your compression is fine. Put in a Series 2 starter and it will start every time.
Then you can continue to enjoy the car without reservation.

I had the exact same hot start problem after installing the BHR ignition. It's a know problem with low-compression engines. Installed the S2 starter and have been driving it like I stole it ever since. That was seven years ago. My compression numbers are under 500, yet it just doesn't seem to matter. (If you haven't removed or at least checked the catalytic for plugging or collapse, definitely do that.)

P.S. I lived in Indialantic on Watson drive for a year, and Melboring and Palm Bay for ten years. Worked in Satellite Beach, drove up Riverside every day. I miss the weather.
Old 06-15-2018, 01:18 AM
Dark Moderator

Received 156 Likes on 118 Posts
Where in FL is this exactly? I only need a zip.

Travis
Old 06-15-2018, 07:55 AM
1% evil, 99% hot gas.

Received 129 Likes on 94 Posts
Travis, Indialantic is 32903.
Old 06-19-2018, 06:31 PM
Surf Hard, Drive Hard

Yep....it's 32903......sorry, don't log on as much as I used to.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:03 PM
DEVILMAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Dave!

What are you going to drive next?
Old 07-02-2018, 01:15 PM
Surf Hard, Drive Hard

Originally Posted by Bastage
Hey Dave!

What are you going to drive next?
Well "G"......things have changed in my life, so I think it's going to be an SUV. I am still on the fence about keeping this and possibly having Cam put a new motor in it...............next month or so will tell for sure. Have some interest in it from a few, but not much action on it.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:31 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Sent a pm,hope you still have the 8.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
Willing to sell the mazdaspeed wing and illuminated ****?
Old 07-28-2018, 03:35 PM
Surf Hard, Drive Hard

Originally Posted by DannyR3
Willing to sell the mazdaspeed wing and illuminated ****?
Well.............I have the original wing and was going to put it back on before trading in the car if I don't sell it soon. So you have some hope there, but I can't take it off right now as I have it advertised with that wing on it.
If someone gives me my price, there are going to get all the extras I have...............including that original spoiler, brand new clutch pedal, back up set of BHR coils, etc. etc,
**** is kinda the same way.............except I have no replacement for that right now.

Sorry,

Will let you know if it goes the trade in route then you have a shot!

Old 07-28-2018, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Mazurfer
Well.............I have the original wing and was going to put it back on before trading in the car if I don't sell it soon. So you have some hope there, but I can't take it off right now as I have it advertised with that wing on it.
If someone gives me my price, there are going to get all the extras I have...............including that original spoiler, brand new clutch pedal, back up set of BHR coils, etc. etc,
**** is kinda the same way.............except I have no replacement for that right now.

Sorry,

Will let you know if it goes the trade in route then you have a shot!
sounds good!
Old 08-25-2018, 03:56 PM
Surf Hard, Drive Hard

Car is Sold........................and I think she will be well taken care of. Person who bought it is on this forum, so I will let him come forward if/when he ever decides to do so..........not my place to do that.

Not sure if I need to somehow mark it as such, so if an admin can, I would be appreciative.

Just found one or two goodies left in that garage. I tried give all I had to the person that bought the car, but missed these.
Guess I will have another little "for sale" post.

Last edited by Mazurfer; 08-26-2018 at 05:41 PM.