Year: 2004
Make: Mazda
Model: RX-8
Price: $8000
Mileage: 66383
Color: Grey
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (US State/Canada/Int): WA

Unfortunately, I have to sell my 2004 Mazda RX8. I now need something bigger with 4 doors. I planned on keeping this car forever, I’ve had an RX7 for a long time and always wanted an RX8 as a daily since they make perfect daily drivers and I love rotaries. I spent a long time looking for RX8s when I finally found this one. This was the perfect RX8 in my opinion, it had been owned by rotary enthusiasts (I’m the third owner) and all the right reliability mods had been done. I’d love to pass this car on to another rotary enthusiast. I expect this car to last a long time based on how it’s been taken care of.

Sohn Adapter installed which allows the engine to burn 2 stroke oil instead of engine oil. This prolongs engine life dramatically and also allows you to run synthetic oil in the engine since the engine oil is no longer being burned. I always run 10w-40 synthetic oil which is recommended for engine life/wear as well as synthetic Amsoil 2 stroke oil. OEM oil filters always used.

BHR ignition coil upgrade. As you may know, the factory ignition coils provide a weak spark and don’t last long which can lead to incomplete ignition, engine issues, and catalytic converter failure. I also just replaced the spark plugs with factory recommended NGKs and NGK plug wires. The Sohn adapter and the BHR coils are really necessary if you want a long-lasting and reliable RX8.

No hot or cold start issues.

Gear box and differential were changed with redline synthetic which is recommended by Mazda. The Gearbox shifts flawlessly.

Injen Power Flow cold air intake. It has a great sound and lets the engine breathe easier.

Racing Beat radiator for better cooling. Never seen the temp gauge move past normal.

STW Racing 18 inch rims with 235 Goodyear Eagle LS2 tires on all four corners. These tires have a lot of life left (I’m unsure of exactly how many miles are on them) and they have an amazing amount of grip even in the wet.

The car is lowered on Tein Street Basis coilovers which are really compliant over bumps but allow the car to handle as good as it can, which is amazing since these RX8s are perfectly balanced. It isn’t so low that it scrapes and it looks great!

The paint is in amazing condition, I use Chemical Guys Jet Seal sealant on the paint and Griots garage pray wax. The sealer lasts a full year to keep the paint protected.

None of the little issues that people have with these cars, for example, the taillights are re-sealed so they don’t leak. Also, no hot start issues or signs of compression loss. The car pulls strong all the way to the redline as you'd expect for a REALLY well taken car of RX8 with only 66k miles. Also, I ALWAYS warm this car up before driving it and redline it occasionally to keep it fresh as you should.

Aux cord adapter installed. The Bose stereo sounds great. This car has every option including leather, heated seats, and navigation. I’ve never had anyone in the back seats, they look factory fresh.

I recently had all the recall work done at South Tacoma Mazda. This included new front lower control arms (which included ball joints and bushings), new fuel pump, and new air bags. The car was also aligned by them.

When I got the car it had been running with a Racing-Beat mid-pipe which is a catylitic converter delete. The OEM cat also came with the car and I had to put it in to pass emissions. I’ve been running with the cat since then and haven’t had any issues. The car pulls strong all the way to the redline! The Racing Beat mid-pipe is included in the sale with its original box.

I’ll hate to see this car go, I planned on keeping it forever, but priorities change. Hopefully it goes to a good home.

The interior and leather is in great condition and all the switches/buttons work perfectly.

located in Tacoma, WA
8000 OBO

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails RX8 66k miles. Sohn, BHR, RB midpipe, Tein-img_20180423_182231.jpg   RX8 66k miles. Sohn, BHR, RB midpipe, Tein-img_20180423_182245.jpg   RX8 66k miles. Sohn, BHR, RB midpipe, Tein-inkedimg_20180423_182145_li.jpg  
Old 05-13-2018, 01:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 05-13-2018, 01:40 PM
Registered

Old 05-13-2018, 03:25 PM
Smoking turbo yay

Received 666 Likes on 592 Posts
1. You could have just talked to a mod if you want to sell your car instead of spamming a bunch of useless posts. Spamming is how you get banned around forums.

2. You need actual compression numbers if you want to get anywhere. You need quantitative figures instead of just "it starts fine".
Old 05-13-2018, 04:56 PM
Registered

Ok, didn't have a chance to get a compression test yet; thought I'd give what insight i could..
Old 05-13-2018, 04:58 PM
Registered

Old 09-20-2018, 06:48 PM

I don't suppose this is still available?