Year: 2004
Make: Mazda
Model: RX-8
Price: $9500
Mileage: 50580
Color: Red
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (US State/Canada/Int): WI

First, I love this car. The only reason I'm selling is because I just had my second and third kids at the same time (twins). I fully expected to be driving this car as my 3rd "fun" car forever with a family of 4. Instead, life threw me a curveball.

PROS

~50,000 miles on body
~25,000 miles on engine (replaced by mazda dealer)
~10,000 miles on new transmission and other parts (more details below)
~10,000 miles on clutch
-6 speed manual transmission
-Full leather
-Navigation
-6 disc changer
-Cold A/C
-Heated front seats
-Manual transmission
-Rear wheel drive
-Carbon fiber driveshaft
-Factory spoiler and side skirts
-HID headlights
-Power moonroof
-Several tasteful reliability mods and upgrades (listed in detail further below)

CONS

- Some scratches
- Small dings
- Memory in rear seat from car seat (may still bounce back)

I treated this car like I was going to own it forever. I took my time to pick out the best example I could find and maximize its longevity. The car now has 50k miles on the body, about 25k on the mazda replaced engine, and less than 10k on the transmission and other upgraded parts (listed further down in this listing).

This car is great for a family, and can fit car seats in the rear, as well as full-sized adults fairly comfortably. The clamshell doors are a great feature that make this a nice hybrid between a coupe and a sedan, but will offer you a break on insurance since this car is considered to be a sedan. I find the rear seat to be even more accessible than in a traditional sedan.

UPGRADES

I've tried to make sure all of the common failure points were taken care of to maximize reliability and longevity.

- New factory engine from Mazda by previous owner (under warranty)
- New S2 (2nd generation) transmission (~$2,000)
- New S2 Mazda starter motor (~$350)
- New factory clutch (~$500)
- Solid motor mounts from Black Halo Racing ($395)
- Resonated midpipe from Black Halo Racing ($480)
- Upgraded ignition system, including new plugs ($619)

All of that work (besides the engine, which was replaced by a certified Mazda dealer) was done by Ryan Shook, a local (rockford, IL) rotary mechanic. All of the parts are OEM parts, or upgraded parts by Black Halo Racing - the best available. Before pouring thousands into the car, I had Ryan perform a compression test to confirm the engine was running strong.and worth of the upgrades.

The car has a clean title in hand. It was only driven in favorable weather, stored in winter, and shows no signs of rust. The car starts strong from a cold or hot start. The tires probably have a season or two left in them if you plan to keep this as a summer driver.

Please, serious inquiries only. I will remove the posting as soon as the car is sold.
Attached Thumbnails 2004 RX8 GT M6 with fresh engine and transmission, reliability mods-img_5045.jpg   2004 RX8 GT M6 with fresh engine and transmission, reliability mods-img_20170415_180045.jpg   2004 RX8 GT M6 with fresh engine and transmission, reliability mods-img_20170415_174844.jpg   2004 RX8 GT M6 with fresh engine and transmission, reliability mods-img_20170415_174850.jpg   2004 RX8 GT M6 with fresh engine and transmission, reliability mods-img_20170416_154336.jpg  

2004 RX8 GT M6 with fresh engine and transmission, reliability mods-img_5042.jpg   2004 RX8 GT M6 with fresh engine and transmission, reliability mods-img_20170415_174946.jpg  
Old 04-24-2017, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lowering to $8500. I wanted to edit the title, but it won't let me reenter make/model...?
Old 05-17-2017, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sold!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.