Notices
MW RX-8 Forum Serving KY, IN, IL, MO, MI, WI, IA, MN, ND, SD, NE, KS,

KS: I need a Mechanic near Fort Riley

Old 07-25-2011, 04:21 PM
  #1  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Fort Riley, Kansas
Posts: 29
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KS KS: I need a Mechanic near Fort Riley

I need a mechanic bad, done absolutely everything I can think of. Closest local performance shop for modified vehicles is in Kansas City, which is 2 1/2 hours away from me. I am currently at Fort Riley, by Manhattan. Can ANY body please help, this has me real down about this.
Mazda crapped on me after I said modified they practically hung up. It IS turbo charged, and I have yet to experience any fun with it.

Last edited by Murderbus; 07-25-2011 at 04:26 PM. Reason: text
Murderbus is offline  
Old 10-08-2011, 02:11 PM
  #2  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick Edwards mazda
feighner is offline  
Old 01-30-2012, 10:06 PM
  #3  
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lots of places
Posts: 37
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh Hell NO. I brought my RX there twice. First was for a radiator replacement in December... which was legitimately needed, but took a month for them to complete it, which cost me a little over a grand. THEN that tripped a CEL light for my engine. I brought it back and they told me that it was from incomplete combustion and I had to replace spark plug wires, possibly the coils and plugs. I replaced the plugs two months PRIOR to bringing it to the shop for the radiator. They "offered" to replace the plugs, wires and coils for 390, not including shop time. So I told them "no thanks" and then I STILL GOT CHARGED for having them tell me that they didn't break my car. I was better off with a broken radiator.

I still have that bad CEL light. And I just ordered an upgrade kit for the coils and plugs for less than what "Dick" was going to charge me in total.

Dick Edwards = No Bueno. Talk to the locals around O'Rileys, they know who's semi-honest.
Heavytarget is offline  
Old 02-04-2012, 11:14 PM
  #4  
Registered Badass
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tacoma/JBLM
Posts: 434
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Heavytarget View Post
Oh Hell NO. I brought my RX there twice. First was for a radiator replacement in December... which was legitimately needed, but took a month for them to complete it, which cost me a little over a grand. THEN that tripped a CEL light for my engine. I brought it back and they told me that it was from incomplete combustion and I had to replace spark plug wires, possibly the coils and plugs. I replaced the plugs two months PRIOR to bringing it to the shop for the radiator. They "offered" to replace the plugs, wires and coils for 390, not including shop time. So I told them "no thanks" and then I STILL GOT CHARGED for having them tell me that they didn't break my car. I was better off with a broken radiator.

I still have that bad CEL light. And I just ordered an upgrade kit for the coils and plugs for less than what "Dick" was going to charge me in total.

Dick Edwards = No Bueno. Talk to the locals around O'Rileys, they know who's semi-honest.
Look how old this post is. I know Murderbus. He got it taken care of. Dick Edwards is getting better, but if you need help with your 8 let me know, I will do what I can. I have the red 8 with bronze works, and yellow headlights.
TrevorsTII is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 08:04 PM
  #5  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TrevorsTII View Post
Look how old this post is. I know Murderbus. He got it taken care of. Dick Edwards is getting better, but if you need help with your 8 let me know, I will do what I can. I have the red 8 with bronze works, and yellow headlights.
The one on Riley that has the "no fat chicks" sticker on the windshield?
feighner is offline  
Old 08-28-2012, 08:43 PM
  #6  
Registered Badass
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tacoma/JBLM
Posts: 434
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by feighner View Post
The one on Riley that has the "no fat chicks" sticker on the windshield?
Yes, that is me. I just got back to Kansas from VA. I will be here till the 7th of September
TrevorsTII is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 07:57 AM
  #7  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I parked next to you at the warrior zone last week. You've got it pretty sweet setup.
feighner is offline  
Old 08-29-2012, 04:07 PM
  #8  
Registered Badass
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tacoma/JBLM
Posts: 434
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by feighner View Post
I parked next to you at the warrior zone last week. You've got it pretty sweet setup.
Hmm, guess someone else has the same car, I wasn't here last week. I parked at the warrior zone like 2 days ago.
TrevorsTII is offline  
Old 08-30-2012, 12:28 PM
  #9  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was probably then, I've been on and off CQ for the past week, my times are all messed up. Either way, my 8 looked like **** compared to yours. Lol
feighner is offline  
Old 07-26-2013, 09:50 AM
  #10  
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lots of places
Posts: 37
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got back from deployment, and now there is a gas smell comming from my AC vents. Should I still take my car to Dick Edwards? Is there another local guy who is Rotary Nut?
Heavytarget is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 01:34 PM
  #11  
Registered
iTrader: (1)
 
reaper76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Topeka,ks
Posts: 89
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KS

Hey heavy target

Click this link. There is a guy named Jessie Prather that specializes in performance rotary engines right here in topeka ks. Give him a shout.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jesse...10264282343488
reaper76 is offline  
Old 07-30-2013, 11:58 PM
  #12  
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lots of places
Posts: 37
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome, I just missed the bus on this one. We had a flashflood the other day and I got caught in it. Funny how a direct air intake can suck in flood. My 8 is now at Dick Edwards, and they are telling me that I'm functionally hosed. Everything from the engine back is done. Luckily the water didn't make it over the battery and fuses. Actually no, luckily I'm still alive to write this; spend a year being bombed only to die by a flood would be pretty ridiculous.
Heavytarget is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 09:21 PM
  #13  
Registered
iTrader: (1)
 
reaper76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Topeka,ks
Posts: 89
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Heavytarget View Post
Awesome, I just missed the bus on this one. We had a flashflood the other day and I got caught in it. Funny how a direct air intake can suck in flood. My 8 is now at Dick Edwards, and they are telling me that I'm functionally hosed. Everything from the engine back is done. Luckily the water didn't make it over the battery and fuses. Actually no, luckily I'm still alive to write this; spend a year being bombed only to die by a flood would be pretty ridiculous.
Well that stinks! What are your plans? Another 8?
reaper76 is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 09:26 PM
  #14  
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lots of places
Posts: 37
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They are pulling the whole engine and dropping in a new one. I'm trying to figure out what to put in while it's out. Like new oil coolers and probably braided oil lines. Maybe a lightweight flywheel. They are dropping in a new clutch. Some aftermarket parts are painfully expensive, but I figure it'll last me another 100K miles. All I know for certain is that the insurance is paying for the engine.

Last edited by Heavytarget; 07-31-2013 at 09:26 PM. Reason: missed some things
Heavytarget is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
galognu
Rotary Swaps
126
05-29-2018 05:00 AM
Patricia Odell
SE RX-8 Forum
12
11-14-2016 02:40 AM
Shankapotamus3
Series I Trouble Shooting
26
11-06-2016 08:26 AM
nferguson88
RX-8 Parts For Sale/Wanted
1
10-06-2015 12:45 PM
jasonrxeight
RX-8's For Sale/Wanted
2
09-30-2015 01:53 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: KS: I need a Mechanic near Fort Riley


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.