Notices
Far East/Asia Serving the Far East

Simota CF Aero Form Intake in here!!

Old 08-25-2005, 03:20 AM
SC 300HP!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LsBlack
tell me how.....
how to be something when got noting.....
Not to forget,my 2 "FD" at home :p ,haiz..... :D
oh yah hor... u got 2 x FD at home.... mai siao siao.... :D :D :D
Old 08-25-2005, 06:43 AM
THE GREAT WHITE

No lah I where got not so steady one, I never switch off my phone only divert to other people number nia. :P
Old 08-25-2005, 08:48 AM
SC 300HP!!

Originally Posted by LsBlack
"the numbar u call, is not in use" <===sgrenesis's voice. :D
hahahahahahahhahaha
Old 08-25-2005, 09:44 AM

Wink

Yo SQ, kudos to you for helping us non tech types mod the mod.....

Originally Posted by Drifter
SQFlyer:
Wow !! Since there is no problem. I wish to reserve one Simota Carbon intake as well. :-) with the A'pexi filter !!

Heard that you might wanna another type of intake huh? What will that be ya? Just curious....

Regards,
Drifter
Old 08-25-2005, 10:25 AM
Heavy Machinery Operator

Hey my pleasure... enjoy sharing the knowledge and helping out when I can.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:18 PM
Heavy Machinery Operator

More updates:
The intake works fine on auto RX-8s. No idling nor engine stalling issues and improvement in throttle response was noted. As for performance figures, an average of 2 runs using the new intake and an average of 2 previous runs using the stock intake on the same stretch of road gave VERY close figures. In fact, most timings were less than 0.1sec apart. Gains in HP were 0.8HP or 0.65kW and gains in Torque were 0.7Nm. Although a little inconclusive as the runs were done on a different day under different environment conditions, the results were not surprising. Gains were marginal for manual 8s and even thinner for auto 8s in our tests. Basically, don't expect to see much improvement in terms of performance (as with other intakes). Just enjoy the improved throttle response, more "grunt" in the sound department and a nice shiny CF heat shield airbox when you open your bonnet.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:59 AM
Driving Me Crazy

Originally Posted by sqflyer
Basically, don't expect to see much improvement in terms of performance (as with other intakes). Just enjoy the improved throttle response, more "grunt" in the sound department and a nice shiny CF heat shield airbox when you open your bonnet.
Excellent summary bro....that about sums up the benefits of HKS RS as well, with the exception of the nice shiny CF heat shield :o
Old 09-04-2005, 04:27 AM

Any one interested in Rotary Extreme intake?
http://www.rotaryextreme.com/rx8intake.html

https://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=70666

Going back to the original filter box, as wife do not like the sound of the intake and she is complaining that its too noise for her and the baby.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:40 PM
Heavy Machinery Operator

Just for your info, the stock for the Simota CF Aero Form intake is in. There is plenty of stock available so I didn't need to make any reservations for you guys with the distributor. The last price I was told was around $380. Those of you who are interested in the intake, I would recommend that you test out the A'pexi modified intake on your car before you buy the Simota intake. Please PM me to arrange a test and if you like it, then you can proceed to buy the Simota intake from the distributor directly.

I'm also organising a purchase of the Racing Beat REVi Intake and REVi Ram Air Duct for those of you who are interested in that. Fixed price from Racing Beat, but perhaps can save a bit on shipping and share the cost of the wire transfer. Will post in the REVi thread.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:25 PM
SC 300HP!!

Originally Posted by sqflyer
Just for your info, the stock for the Simota CF Aero Form intake is in. There is plenty of stock available so I didn't need to make any reservations for you guys with the distributor. The last price I was told was around $380. Those of you who are interested in the intake, I would recommend that you test out the A'pexi modified intake on your car before you buy the Simota intake. Please PM me to arrange a test and if you like it, then you can proceed to buy the Simota intake from the distributor directly.

I'm also organising a purchase of the Racing Beat REVi Intake and REVi Ram Air Duct for those of you who are interested in that. Fixed price from Racing Beat, but perhaps can save a bit on shipping and share the cost of the wire transfer. Will post in the REVi thread.
if u guys are restricted by budget, then the sqflyer's modified intake is the way to go....
Old 12-13-2005, 09:55 PM

Hi Guys,

This is Daniel, from Avantgarde Automotive, Sole distributor of SIMOTA Products. We are presently offering free upgrades for owners who have previous bought the RX8 Carbon Fiber Aeroform from any of our dealers. The idling unstable issue has been remedied, it was due to the oversized sensor adapter. Please kindly call 6789-7088 for an appointment. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:34 PM
SC 300HP!!

Originally Posted by daniel_s
Hi Guys,

This is Daniel, from Avantgarde Automotive, Sole distributor of SIMOTA Products. We are presently offering free upgrades for owners who have previous bought the RX8 Carbon Fiber Aeroform from any of our dealers. The idling unstable issue has been remedied, it was due to the oversized sensor adapter. Please kindly call 6789-7088 for an appointment. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
tot chip soon is the sole distributor?
Old 12-14-2005, 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by coupe07

So Avantgarde Automotive will be giving all those who bought their filter box bought from Too Chip Soon a Free Upgrade.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:47 PM

Simota CF Aero Form

Yo Coupe,

So where did SQFlyer bought his Simota previously? Can upgrade his as well?

Originally Posted by coupe07
Old 12-15-2005, 12:14 AM
SC 300HP!!

Originally Posted by Drifter
Yo Coupe,

So where did SQFlyer bought his Simota previously? Can upgrade his as well?
juz found out chip soon is the authorised dealer.... avantgarde is the distributor...
Old 12-29-2010, 05:07 PM

Hi guys,

i am new to the site and i must say the info on here is outstanding. I found this post most interesting as im suffering issues with this intake.

I fitted this intake at the beginning of December and intially it was awesome but on its first journey at high speed on the freeway i got the dropping rpm and then leading onto the car cutting out.

I fitted the standard airbox again and was trouble free for around 120 miles until refitting the umnitza today.

I read this thread last night and thought i'll fit a mesh to the intake and have another go. I did this today and then took the car for a 20 mile blast of mixed driving and then it all started again. Its seems as the hotter the car gets the worse the symptoms are. But only with this intake installed. It is really bugging me as i like the look and the noise of the intake.

Any ideas? I've been emailing umnitza directly but they dont really have any answers.